IMPORTANT: Arcade Hecarim needs his “Game Over” sign!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Msyxorap

08-16-2013

Why not just make a sign based off of the inspiration for this skin?:

"Always..." fading away in rainbow letters after hecarim dies.

Lucid1llusion

08-16-2013

can we get a Mike tyson's punchout-themed Arcade Vi?

Yoshifanatic

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midguy81 View Post
He should explode megaman style
Arcade Malzahar

Rhykes

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsplosion View Post
Hoy, folks!

I was toying around with this idea during the skin's development and tried a few different forms of "thing that pops up on death", but the more I experimented with it the more it felt too much like Arcade Sona. Hecarim's death DOES still pay homage to a specific retro game trope, and in cases like this where we get to make nods to a culture as rich as video game history, I'll always opt for adding more variety! Ultimately, I think an arcade skin should be defined by its love for gaming culture, not necessarily a specific type of game over.
I disagree entirely. There's nothing wrong with making the death animations unique and reference different sorts of deaths from other games, but they should all be consistent with some sort of "GAME OVER" message.

Interesting how the artists keep dropping the ball with death animations lately.

Sedirex

08-17-2013

Quote:
It's a reference to when a boss monster dies and freeze-frames, exploding gratuitously as it holds the pose. Obviously the process has to be abridged in our game for readability's sake, but that is the intent here :]
So if you're going for the Final Fantasy style death, shouldn't it look more like Celestine Soraka's?

ZeroAgainst

08-17-2013

mega man reference ?

RenegadeTQ

08-18-2013

Quote:
It's a reference to when a boss monster dies and freeze-frames, exploding gratuitously as it holds the pose. Obviously the process has to be abridged in our game for readability's sake, but that is the intent here :]
He should actually blow up after being freeze framed for a bit. It'd be cool if you did that somewhat blocky/pixelated explosion where they shatter into squares. Or you could do that thing where they shatter and the pieces fall off from top to bottom as if he was being deleted or something.

Lemme play mid

08-18-2013

i want it to say
You've met a terrible fate, haven't you

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2013

bumped!

KyuzoS7

08-18-2013

give a nice skin to a champion they keep nerfing...