Skarner Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoPanda640

08-14-2013

I've been playing Skarner for god knows how long, maybe level 6, before his price dropped, and now my main is finally getting a rework. Seeing and reading the changes anounnced to his "E" (Fracture) made me very excited as it was somewhat worthless. In recent news, Skarner's slow in his Q got moved to his E, hich very much convinces me that Skarner is no longer a kiter like before. It seems as he will not be able to keep someone near him when attacking as the slow will now take more than 2 seconds to consecutively slow. as fracture has a medium cooldown and a higher mana cost than crystal slash, it concerns me that Skarner will be mana hungry as ever and now his old kiting is no more. Im glad that the rework is focusing on the E, but it seems like they are killing his amazing kiting potenetial. As a rework, I would have expected a somewhat of a buff, but in my eyes it really seems like a harsh nerf on his kiting potenetial. Let me know what you guys think. (As before, this was information posted from various sources, i do not know if the changes will remain)

wolfax

08-14-2013

They are constantly changing Skarner's kit in testing. I've seen several posts about trying different things, but last I read they are leaving the slow as it is. Can you link to the most previous post about it?

thetrollingfrog

08-14-2013

skarner need a q buff period. he has the kit potental but his q and his e are not that strong even if you build damage. the scaling arent there

wolfax

08-14-2013

They are changing him up quite a bit. Just read their newest change today. His crystal is getting the slow which will make it so he doesn't have permaslow going on, but the slow seems like it will be more powerful so it will increase his pre-6 gank potential. I don't remember what they are doing with the Q, but I think it's getting AS? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Forever IU

08-14-2013

I recently bought skarner, and I'm doing pretty well with him.

Basically, I go smiteless red, then blue, then power-farm jungle until level 6, buy my Iceborn as my first item + swiftness/tabi, then proceed to roflstomp every lane, going back into jungle (Mine and enemy's)between ganks to reset the cooldown on my ult.

Flash+Ult combo (save this for bot lane) whenever your flash comes up (cause skarner doesn't really need flash to get out of sticky situations anyways, just w and q and run away)

PsychoPanda640

08-14-2013

I'll try to find the lastest news on his rework and link it, but Skarner is actually a very powerful burst with his Q, but that makes Skarner a much squishier champion as I build him more towards hybrid. His Q is fine as it is, and i think riot changing that can kill Skarner instantly, especially moving his slow to a longer cooldown skill.

kitcat300

08-14-2013

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3714778

For those who don't know the thread

Irish Red Cap

08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfax View Post
They are changing him up quite a bit. Just read their newest change today. His crystal is getting the slow which will make it so he doesn't have permaslow going on, but the slow seems like it will be more powerful so it will increase his pre-6 gank potential. I don't remember what they are doing with the Q, but I think it's getting AS? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Currently they have a higher base speed on his shield and a passive speed I believe (not sure on this)

His Q is gaining a triple (3) stacking charge that increases his AS per charge making his dueling and jungling (with S3 jungle) much more efficient.

His E is still be tampered with but they intend to move the slow to his E. Increase the range, decrease the size and lower the mana cost.

Quote:
His Q is fine as it is, and i think riot changing that can kill Skarner instantly, especially moving his slow to a longer cooldown skill.
While I would love to agree as an avid Skarner player I can see why Riot has made this decision. Currently Skarner can punish ANY champion who uses flash/gap-closer early and there is absolutely no chance to escape without burning one of those abilities.

By moving the slow to his E, he can actually get his slow off quickly rather than having to hit 2 Q's to start the orb-walking slow. This makes his ganks much scarier as he can slow/ult/slow and keep someone CC'd for a pretty good time. I imagine they will lower the CD on it as well since they are removing the heal.

While heals tend to have a high CD slows usually aren't very high depending on their damage. Also with CDR his perma-slow will still be possible especially with his Q giving more AS so you can abuse his passive more easily.

PsychoPanda640

08-15-2013

I can see what you're saying. Guess im gunna have to play Skarner when his rework to come out to see if I can still keep Skarner as a main of mine, with all luck, I hope he's good.

MartacustheLeet

08-15-2013

:'(