Malphite Rune Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkling2x

12-18-2009

Not sure exactly how to rune him, but I was thinking along these lines:

Mark: Fortitude (3.47 HP) - Armor was also a possibility .. Opinions?
Glyph: Replenishment (0.31 mp5)
Seal: Evasion (0.75% Dodge)
Quint: Wasnt sure here .. Dodge or Health? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Darkling2x

12-18-2009

Really? No one has any idea?

wildfire393

12-18-2009

It depends what Malphite build you're going. On DPS Malphite, you want Armor Pen Marks/Quints and Crit Chance Glyphs/Seals. On Tank Malphite, you probably want Armor per level, as that also increases ground slam damage. On Jungle Malphite you probably want HP regeneration.

Khue

12-18-2009

Like I am sure a lot of posts after mine will say, it depends what you want to do with Malphite. Personally I think Malphite's greatest asset to a team is his lane/control presence. Being one of the few heroes in the game with a natural cleave is a massive asset. Cleave wins lanes in my opinion. That being said, Malphite can really shred creeps and towers alike. To maximize this affect you want to maximize the time spent in a lane, and the amount of aoe damage you can do. To stay in the lane longer you need decent HP regen and the ability to quickly minimize non hero damage. You will take damage from heroes unquestionably, but if you can keep the creeps from dropping your 10% granite shield no one should be able to move you from the lane.

I am currently runed for armor, crit chance and crit damage, and HP regen.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2009

For tanking I like magic resist runes. My build usually goes Tabi -> Frozen Core -> Warden's Mail so I find myself with high armor and really low magic resist. Dodge is also great if you have the defensive talent.

Ksielvin

12-18-2009

Since I'm not interested in getting secondaries, I use magic penetration runes for tanking. They help early Seismic Shard harassment and late Ground Slam damage (along with other abilities of course).