[Guide] Mordekaiser, The Unforgiven...2

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestaaja View Post
This. One stun and you're pretty much toast. And people WILL focus you once they realize that you're building him as dps.
The difference between leveling Q and E is that with Q you actually need to get up to those minions and physically hit them to generate shield, with E you can frontload shield before you take damage, which you will if you're laning against any ranged with half a brain.
Triforce + gunblade are also extremely expensive, and as I see it you're pretty much skipping team fights before you get both (with boots and wards that's close to 9k). Yes you can farm probably better than anyone else but by the time you get your "core" items the game should be close to over anyway.
Interesting build tho, I will try it out, but I don't really see how this would be better than building mitigation with spell penetration.
Thats a very judgmental statement considering you haven't tried the build yet. Please, try the build, I would love to see your reaction to how well it works.

Just make sure you don't play him like a tank, because you aren't.
[EDIT] BTW, I mained Mpen Morde before the changes, he just doesn't work anymore. This build is so much stronger.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2010

Bump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Papa Palpatine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2010

I can't take this build seriously just because of how many items you list that give either mana or mana regen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Palpatine View Post
I can't take this build seriously just because of how many items you list that give either mana or mana regen.
Shurelias and Tforce?

Banshees Veil?

The mana and regen on these items are insignificant. Try the build, prepare to have your mind blown.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katjak

Senior Member

12-05-2010

it would be a lot more convincing if the screen shots were of higher ranked games rather than normal games.

For the record, MPen Morde does work. I've played him all the way up to mid 1600s ranked. From there it's a little tougher though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjak View Post
it would be a lot more convincing if the screen shots were of higher ranked games rather than normal games.

For the record, MPen Morde does work. I've played him all the way up to mid 1600s ranked. From there it's a little tougher though.
Well it can't hurt to try my build, now can it?

I shouldn't need to "convince" people to try it, if you want to try something new then you do it, you don't question why you should or shouldn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katjak

Senior Member

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norak View Post
Well it can't hurt to try my build, now can it?

I shouldn't need to "convince" people to try it, if you want to try something new then you do it, you don't question why you should or shouldn't.
I attempted to try it just now but currently the internet I'm at is too laggy. So I wasn't able to give it a fair shot. By the time internet was able to work I was too far behind for it to matter.

However, I HAVE tried Q over E. And having played Morde a ton pre and post "nerf/buff (however you see it)" Here are my comments:

There are holes in your build. Compare Q and E. The bonus damage (not if the target is alone) is barely higher than your E. It puts you in melee range, so you can't even hope to harass the likes of MF, kogmaw, or twitch. And it hits less targets. The only possible reason you would have to level this is for the burst if you can get the target alone. How you plan on doing this in any solo lane is beyond me. In mid lane, it's impossible. Top lane, your best bet is to bait them into the bushes. Smart ranged heroes will just steer clear and last hit creeps. Now, if i suspend my disbelief, you could possibly lane against malphite or gragas. Q will NOT work against competent MF, Twitch, Ashe, Kog, Kennen, ... the list is huge. Many Mordes, myself included, have tested Q over E and W, it doesn't work as well, and replacing E with Q doesnt work at all. If you'd like, I can show you by playing Ashe vs your Morde.

Trin Force is just a poor choice over all. His natural AD isnt that high, and you're not boosting it before you get TF. It only helps your Q. If you want any sheen item, it's lich bane. It helps all 4 of your skills and it's cheaper. Even if you wanted Trin Force, you're much better off getting Gunblade before TF. Morde suffers from having no slow, so rushing a Bilgewater makes a ton more sense than any parts of the TF.

Lastly, HP Regen / 5 are worthless. I wanted them to be the secret tech of the future, but they're not. I've run this as well. You're dying for enough regen to out regen your skills and have unlimited shield, but it's impossible. HP Regen is only significant mid - late since it's so little regen early - when you need it most.

Current popular carries will shred this build early, middle, and late easily. By taking Q over E you're turning Morde from a short ranged champ, to a melee one. Melee champs solo (especially solo top) rarely, if ever work. You state that your shield should never be down, but if you play against some good carry players you'll find your shield will rarely be up. What do you plan to do against Kog with his massive range/slow? Ashe with her Q and Volley? MF with Strut? How are you even going to take off the strut buff?

I've laned against a lot of people and can tell you Morde already has a tough time against ranged AD with Siphon, trying to downgrade to Q will get you massacred.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImIndustructible

Senior Member

12-05-2010

The reason why Mordekasier is scary because he can just march and harass the enemies carries while the enemies would need to waste loads of damage (+ some CC) if they decide to stop you instead of the carries.
With this build the enemies will quickly realize how squishy (comparatively) you are and just give you a simple silence + focus fire to make the fight go 5v4 as you are just a close ranged carry which can only close the gap by boosting MS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjak View Post
There are holes in your build. Compare Q and E. The bonus damage (not if the target is alone) is barely higher than your E. It puts you in melee range, so you can't even hope to harass the likes of MF, kogmaw, or twitch. And it hits less targets. The only possible reason you would have to level this is for the burst if you can get the target alone. How you plan on doing this in any solo lane is beyond me. In mid lane, it's impossible. Top lane, your best bet is to bait them into the bushes. Smart ranged heroes will just steer clear and last hit creeps. Now, if i suspend my disbelief, you could possibly lane against malphite or gragas. Q will NOT work against competent MF, Twitch, Ashe, Kog, Kennen, ... the list is huge. Many Mordes, myself included, have tested Q over E and W, it doesn't work as well, and replacing E with Q doesnt work at all. If you'd like, I can show you by playing Ashe vs your Morde.
So you are comparing 350 damage with a 1.75 AD Ratio, 0.3 AP ratio and applies on hit effects to 225 damage with a 0.6 AP ratio?

I would LOVE to verse your Ashe against my Morde, to prove to you how well the build works.

That doesn't make any sense, 125 damage is not "barely", not to mention its on a shorter cd and doesn't require aiming OR interrupt your attack animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjak View Post
Trin Force is just a poor choice over all. His natural AD isnt that high, and you're not boosting it before you get TF. It only helps your Q. If you want any sheen item, it's lich bane. It helps all 4 of your skills and it's cheaper. Even if you wanted Trin Force, you're much better off getting Gunblade before TF. Morde suffers from having no slow, so rushing a Bilgewater makes a ton more sense than any parts of the TF.
Wow, this just makes me wonder if you know what you are talking about.
Morde has the second highest base damage in the game. Only beneath Kassadin. Tforce absolutely wrecks when he uses it.

It only adds damage to Q you mean? Yes. Q is the only auto attack spell that Morde has. Please name me another champion that has 2, I can't think of any. His other spells still activate Tforce, regardless..

I rush Sheen for the damage it adds onto Q, it really is ridiculous. Phage also gives a slow, not long range, but a slow none-the-ess. Zeal gives movespeed. Not to mention all these items have secondary effects:
Sheen gives AP.
Phage gives hp and damage.
Zeal gives crit chance and attack speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjak View Post
Lastly, HP Regen / 5 are worthless. I wanted them to be the secret tech of the future, but they're not. I've run this as well. You're dying for enough regen to out regen your skills and have unlimited shield, but it's impossible. HP Regen is only significant mid - late since it's so little regen early - when you need it most.
It's extremely efficient for early game. Do you realise how much hp is used from casting spells?

1 combo from you, is basically 1 solid nuke from an enemy. You *need* the hp regen early game. Enough said. If you think otherwise, go verse a Mundo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjak View Post
Current popular carries will shred this build early, middle, and late easily. By taking Q over E you're turning Morde from a short ranged champ, to a melee one. Melee champs solo (especially solo top) rarely, if ever work. You state that your shield should never be down, but if you play against some good carry players you'll find your shield will rarely be up. What do you plan to do against Kog with his massive range/slow? Ashe with her Q and Volley? MF with Strut? How are you even going to take off the strut buff?
You don't make yourself obvious to them?
I said multiple times that this Morde has different playstyles to normal Morde, you are not a tank, so why run headfirst into the enemies? Sure you *could* do it with my build, I even do it sometimes. This build makes a lot of things possible, Shurelias + Ghost + Tforce MS + Gunblade slow = Enemies cannot outrun OR outkite you.

I've laned against a lot of people and can tell you Morde already has a tough time against ranged AD with Siphon, trying to downgrade to Q will get you massacred.[/QUOTE]
Maybe because they use a different build?
This build means you don't use siphon, so you don't run headfirst into enemy creeps trying to harrass the enemy, you play defensively and farm til about level 5.

Different build, different playstyle. I have had to say that way too many times.
Seriously, try it before you say ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-05-2010

Bump.


123456 ... 11