Regarding Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lets Own Them

12-04-2010

problem was spear was only strong becuase he didnt put into any other skill so when heartseeker got buffed i onl put into that not putting into spear but people would play against panth the same way not fear him upclose but i can harras i have to commit to do damage and then panth was easy to counterit was a trade off people dont understand that.

Friend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Preston View Post
It's so hard to play defensively and stay out of range of his stun. So hard.

I CAN'T DO IT
Given his laning capabilities? Yeah, something like that. His early game was not the aspect of him in need of a buff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika Fox View Post
did you know panth is susceptable to CC? did you know that while he is using HSS your lane partner can exhaust panths team mate and just rape panth while panth doesnt kill the person he used his combo on and is then killed?
...what? Every single champion in the game is susceptible to CC before level 6. I'm not sure we're even discussing the same situation. For one, Pantheon is much better in a solo lane rather than a duo currently, and most teams place him there. The strength of Pantheon's E during laning lies with his ability use it to harass effectively, and keep his opponent zoned. He only needs to get a few Aegis+HSS combos off to make his opposition play very defensively, and put them in a position where it can kill them if they're caught out of position. You seem to be falling into the trap of assuming the Pantheon is always bad, and his opposition is always good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyBoom View Post
Pantheon has what he deserves first thing is that pantheon lacked a dmg spell i mean before was the q and now his e but is always just one i mean he cant be a champ with no dmg from any other source, his ult is more like an assist or support spell not a killer move, now he has w and e as dmg its way fair since he lacks a killer ult imagine if you nerf his e and q what will be of pantheon then? a champ based in attack speed? nah not even that will be viable on pantheon since theres more better attack speed based champs so stop crying about that
Pantheon was already fairly good before this buff. Abilities that scale off AD/armor pen tend to fluctuate in effectiveness more harshly than AP, and the itemization options are different. For one, Pantheon, unlike a burst caster, is allowed pretty good auto-attacks thanks to the items that help scale his abilities; as such, his abilities are a little stronger than they seem, because the scaling is so complementary to his melee. With the buff, however, HSS was boosted to a full burst caster level ability (though he lost out in Q power early on), while still retaining his very good laning, and his strong melee. As others have mentioned, HSS is a problematic ability because it's difficult to strike a good balance between being useful if Pantheon doesn't snowball, and ridiculous if he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTecJustKikdInYo View Post
He might be amazing early-game, but he's so squishy he dies extremely fast late-game.
The strength of HSS also allowed him to snowball very fast, and very hard around level 5-7. If he's a few levels higher than everyone else, or is buying his major items before anyone else, than his squishiness is not going to be too much of an issue for him. Yeah, him being relatively squishy is a good balancing factor for his damage output, but it's irrelevant if most games with Pantheon in them don't reach that point with both teams still relatively evenly matched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilolimaZergling View Post
cute. I'd reply, but it's kinda hard to answer anything you said when you managed to pick out exactly what I didn't say in every case and use that as an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderAssassin View Post
Panth is nowhere near OP. I don't get the people QQing about omg HSS does sooooo much now. In case you haven't noticed, he is one of the squishiest melee champs in the game, even with his passive. Leave him be.
Addressed that in an above response. His laning power offsets his squishiness early on, and if he snowballs at that point he's certainly not going to be squishy compared to the rest of the champions in the game. Therein lies the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomphoolery View Post
What's up, ODonnel?

Nice alt you got there
lol, I had nearly forgotten about that debacle.

stevetheclown1

12-11-2012

black cleaver getting nerfed soon

Thunderfrog

12-11-2012

Cleaver is kinda the crux of the problem. HSS multi hits proccing cleaver = a huge armor debuff, after a stun. At that point his being "reduced to auto attacks" isn't so terrible.

ZedekiahCromwell

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfrog View Post
Cleaver is kinda the crux of the problem. HSS multi hits proccing cleaver = a huge armor debuff, after a stun. At that point his being "reduced to auto attacks" isn't so terrible.
Did you not look at the date of the thread?

This steve dude has just been going around and necro'ing threads.

Thunderfrog

12-11-2012

Nooooooooo.

Damn you necromancers...