Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Regarding Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NogiWonsza

12-04-2010

Quote:
SmashGizmo:
he's never been broken nor underpowered.

sir u must've not played pantheon before his hss nerf. well its close to what its now...

redelmos

12-04-2010

Quote:
NogiWonsza:
sir u must've not played pantheon before his hss nerf. well its close to what its now...

I'm quite sure that's what he is referring to.

MagicChicken

12-04-2010

Bad players die to Pantheon. I personally have no fear of Pantheon, but I HATE pantheon's on my team, b/c they're usually not that good. Even if they are good enough to have a strong a good early game, they still start to disappear late game. I ban pantheons not b/c they're OP ... but b/c I don't want 1 on my team.

FantasyBoom

12-04-2010

Pantheon has what he deserves first thing is that pantheon lacked a dmg spell i mean before was the q and now his e but is always just one i mean he cant be a champ with no dmg from any other source, his ult is more like an assist or support spell not a killer move, now he has w and e as dmg its way fair since he lacks a killer ult imagine if you nerf his e and q what will be of pantheon then? a champ based in attack speed? nah not even that will be viable on pantheon since theres more better attack speed based champs so stop crying about that

Pika Fox

12-04-2010

Quote:
redelmos:
All you're doing is contradicting your previous argument.

im not contradicting anything.... CC does not mean stun.... slows work perfectly fine, or in corki's case, a few autos and valk away when panth tries to close the gap. in anivias case.... well.... she just does to him what she always does to everyone... 1v5s his ass since aniv can 1v5 most team combos xD shes OP out the ass, but you dont see people complain about her now do you?

ErdoS The Wise

12-04-2010

Quote:
Friend:
He basically got the Corki treatment, in that he was a fairly good but ignored champion who was suddenly propelled into the spotlight by one buff.

I like this, I will now call occurences like this the "corki treatment"

Whether he is OP or not, buffs popularize champions, in this case, possibly too much. Are we nerfing a new flavor or the new OP? I dont claim to know but its something to consider. You face more pantheons, therefore more chances for pantheon to carry, therefore more people complain on forums. I'm sure if the new flavor was Lux there'd be lots off QQ, again, only because the # of times she owns you is more, not because the % is more.
But again, i do not claim to know. However if you nerf pantheon again...

EXPECT MASS QUITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol not rly

Over 9000 Skills

12-04-2010

Quote:
MagicChicken:
Bad players die to Pantheon. I personally have no fear of Pantheon, but I HATE pantheon's on my team, b/c they're usually not that good. Even if they are good enough to have a strong a good early game, they still start to disappear late game. I ban pantheons not b/c they're OP ... but b/c I don't want 1 on my team.

I shut down Pantheon completely in mid as Kennen, I knew his HSS was only good at level 6+ish so in the end I went 3/0, then he decided to jump bot after recalling and scored a triple kill, came back to my lane and all of a sudden he would 1 shot me with HSS. So I'm a bad player for dying to him?

Grandpappy

12-04-2010

Quote:
Over 9000 Skills:
I shut down Pantheon completely in mid as Kennen, I knew his HSS was only good at level 6+ish so in the end I went 3/0, then he decided to jump bot after recalling and scored a triple kill, came back to my lane and all of a sudden he would 1 shot me with HSS. So I'm a bad player for dying to him?

Nope, you're team is bad for feeding him, and you are sort of bad for not letting bottom know he's 6 and incoming with his ult.

ANDRETHEGOD

12-04-2010

I did the maths, you are all wrong.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=376889

Seriously...

Rebonack

12-04-2010

I had the feeling a change like this was going to be happening, smoothing out the scaling on HSS a bit to punish the players that are just leveling W and E early game.

The nerf isn't that huge, honestly. With a level in Q early on Panth can easily harass down an opponent into HSS combo killing range. He'll just have to hit them with one more spear to do it now. The nerf is within reason. Though it remains to be seen how much of an impact it has.