Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Modified ping/alert, easier to see

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bluechipps

08-07-2009

Sorry i meant to post this last week but have been fairly busy. There was a thread discussing the minimap ping being too hard to see. I agree. Looked around a bit and figured out how to change it

here is a preview of how i designed mine, of course if you know what a tga is then you know that you could change it up however you'd like.

Step 1
- Close LoL and then download the tga file below and place it in your \Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\DATA\Images\UI\ folder
http://bluechipps.com/PingMarker.tga

Step 2
- Navigate to and open this file... \Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\DATA\Menu\HUD\minimap.ini
- Scroll down to the end of minimap.ini and you will find a section entitled [Ping]. In that section there should be a line for OrderTexture=
- After OrderTexture= add the path to the new ping marker file. If you followed step 1 correctly then your new line should look like this

Step 3
- profit

Hope this helps those who needed it, please feel free to improve on my modification and post it here. Ask if you have any questions. If i have time later ill post a short guide on how to make a TGA that will display properly in LoL via photoshop. If not, someone else probably can too.

oh also, I have not touched the "ChaosTexture" line found directly below "OrderTexture" yet, but only because i havent needed to. OrderTexture seems to effect both sides and all heroes. Feel free to experiment though!

Omnipotent

08-07-2009

Interesting find! I wonder if Riot would be ok with that...

With this find, I suppose you opened much hope for some actual customization at UI level for the players

bluechipps

08-07-2009

yes, i encourage everyone to take a quick look around your game directories first thing i always do