Doublelift's -Blitzcrank- Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeastMode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

Doublelift, do you ever play AP blitz? I have found it to be a very interesting and fresh way to play blitz. Building him tanky AP turns him into a farming machine and gives him some nice burst damage. My build is similar in terms of tanky items but I will often times grab Lich Bane, RoA, etc. and it seems to work out quite well

Doublelift

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode View Post
Doublelift, do you ever play AP blitz? I have found it to be a very interesting and fresh way to play blitz. Building him tanky AP turns him into a farming machine and gives him some nice burst damage. My build is similar in terms of tanky items but I will often times grab Lich Bane, RoA, etc. and it seems to work out quite well
Only one of his abilities realistically scales off of AP (Hook should never be used for damage), and a single 1-1 AoE ratio doesn't make him good for AP. You'd basically be gimping yourself into a weak version of Sion.

Also, AP takes alot more time to ramp up than AD does, which I find annoying if my earlygame isn't great.

WeiYun

01-24-2011

What do you think about theroflfactor? He claims to be the number one blitz, have you played against him, he streams on solomid from time to time. Can you two fight for the number wan spot. THank you great one.

vulpixel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

I have recently been trying manamune/sheen as a triforce substitute. Do you think that the majorly higher damage/mana (and mana is more hp, attack, hp regen) from that is worth the tradoff of less slow/crit/ms/as? (triforce will give +30 AD and +150 per proc, but with the manamune/sheen you get 50-->90 AD and +100 per proc)-and remember power fist doubles AD, while sheen/tri procs only double your base damage(hence they only proc for 100/150)

Oh and i really like frozen heart (synergises with manamune), If i get manamune can i get FH instead of omen? (I still get BV)

A quick comparison:
health:comparable (FH gives 250 ala mana, and see below why I like 250 in shield vs 300 in HP)
armor: FH wins by 20
mana: FH wins by 500
HP regen: omen wins by18/5
attack: FH wins by 10 AD
CDR: FH wins by17% (gets to 37% CDR vs 20% after runes/masteries)
AS red: situational, omen is some on chance then 35% active (2 secs), FH is just 20% 24/7
MS red: omen has 35% for 2 secs (but i feel slow is useless on blitz, because if past 15 min he grabs them they dead regardless of their MS)
Cost: omen wins by a bit (350 if you let HOG tick for 10 mins)
Bulk: FH is 1 part for a while, then 3 for a bit. Omen in 1 for a while, then 2 for a bit. (though not getting that second cloth armor won't gimp you hard)

(I suppose I should admit I love his passive, the shield is ALWAYS there when you need it (cept if you get LOLVEIGARed), it makes them target you because they think you are low (attack me not ashe!) , it makes for great turret bait when comboed with your PF and pull, AND the shield hp comes back every ~20 secs (with this build you get an almost 2000 hp shield)!. Plus shield doesn't add to madred's type damage where HP does.)

A doublelift reply would be appreciated because I really want to optimize my build. Its great to hear from a pro blitz player.

Czekoladyn

01-24-2011

I tested few items on blitz and they brought me a several kills on lonely tanks such as cho gath.
(grabbing a person from teamfight, behind a wall and soloing him on side )
Fiendish Codex, Ionian Boots, Trinity Force , Randuin omen,blue elixir
Power fists every 3 seconds, endless overdrive, 7 sec grabs and 19 sec ult.
They were defenseless against blitz.
Getting cdr runes is brilliant idea ( mixed with mana regen )

vulpixel

01-24-2011

Bump for item comparisons!!!

Bump for blitz being the most fun to play champ ever!

Reep

01-24-2011

Doubelift is noob blitz. I saw him miss a hook... once.

Shayan Shine

01-24-2011

LMAO @ that video when hotshot goes "OH MY GOD DOUBLELIFT IS FKING GOD"

u7online

01-25-2011

So, this guy is a pro. What are your thoughts on Manamune? I usually rush for it, so I can get the increase of mana pool early on (great for it's passive and it allows me to spam W and E)

prapter

01-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by u7online View Post
So, this guy is a pro. What are your thoughts on Manamune? I usually rush for it, so I can get the increase of mana pool early on (great for it's passive and it allows me to spam W and E)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeiYun View Post
What do you think about theroflfactor? He claims to be the number one blitz, have you played against him, he streams on solomid from time to time. Can you two fight for the number wan spot. THank you great one.

this is the main difference between the two blitz players. rofl only plays blitz solo top where he can farm alot and hence get manamune.
duo lane you will not get enough farm to afford manamune and triforce and still build EFFECTIVE tanky items.