Doublelift's -Blitzcrank- Guide

12345612 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrWish

12-25-2010

good build needs more popularity

Slywolf10

12-25-2010

Doublelift such a pro blitz

Prosecutor Godot

12-25-2010

I don't agree with Bloodthirster, personally. To each their own, I guess.

EnemyController

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadadle View Post
Summoner spells? Other than flash that is.
Clairvoyance is good

ODonnell

12-25-2010

Blitz-crank should always have teleport flash, no exceptions ever. EVER.

Personally i go Q E Q E Q R Q W Q E E E/W depending on who ur vs.
Fast sheen->boots1->brutalizer->merc/tabi->phage->triforce->sunfire/banshee.
And blitzcrank is a BEAST character to take a solo lane with once you learn to play him. If you are equal or higher level than a character you can pretty much 1v1 anything in the game. And in the rare chance u cant u can just hook E R and run and then kill them in 25 sec.

Blitzcrank is currently stupidly op, so enjoy folks. You can check my ranked stats / match history if u so wish.

Grognor

01-22-2011

"Bump"

I understand that you're getting Randuin's Omen for the active and not for the stats, but I would still have to contend that Frozen Heart gives more to a Blitzcrank. Its unique passive gives a very nice 25% attack speed damage reduction aura, and that is notably one portion of the Randuin's Omen active. It also gives a bunch more cooldown reduction, slightly more EHP [due to Blitzcrank's innate], and earlier cost efficiency due to the ability to nab an early 20% cdr in Glacial Shroud. The only thing it's missing from Randuin's Omen is the slow, but you already have a slow if you bought Phage/Trinity.

I also prefer starting with a Mana Crystal to Doran's Shield. 8 armor is pretty darn useless for the laning phase, and with Strength of Spirit it gives 3 HP/5s, certainly a non-negligible amount. You also have the added benefit of being able to buy two health potions instead of one, effectively granting another 200 HP. It also grants 100 HP just by buying it thanks to good ol' Mana Barrier, and it builds into just about every good Blitzcrank item in the game. [Pack Teleport, rush Sheen and boots. Get kills.]

Well those are my thoughts.

Soft White

01-22-2011

Pretty sure he's getting Randuin's for the stats too, since it's a boss tank item and everyone knows it. Plus Heart of Gold for cheap armor/health/gold per/5. Luv me sum Randuins

Swampf0x

01-22-2011

Great guide.

What is your opinion on Frozen Heart? It synergizes with Blitz really well, although expensive and a bit akward to build, I feel like it's a really solid item on him.

redheadtn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlashZeroV View Post
Bump for a great guide and a great player seen by thousands of people via stream!

Questions

Runes

Red: ArP runes (Agreed)
Seals: Mp5/lvl (Agreed)
Glyphs: Why CDR per lvl vs flat for early game reason?
Quints: Flat Health

Masteries: 0/9/21 - Fine

Skill order as many will probably ask:

Q-E-W-E-E-R with R>E>W>Q

Laning phase

How do you perform in a duo lane? With a low mana pool (300ish) at the start I would assume the first level would be just passively farming creeps until level 2 for powerfist? Unless you have a crowd control partner to assist with a good hook due to bad positioning for harassment or even possibly a kill. Usually when an enemy sees a Blitz in duo lane, they tend to play more defensively, and not let a hook opportunity expose, unless they are winning the lane. Are there some techniques (laning reasons) such as manipulating your enemy movement by possibly juking in and out of the brush or play a bit more aggressive, might seize an opportunity to land such combo in mid-high elo?
LOL
Why max his e? early game people arnt tanky enough for a QE + whatever partner damage
In 9/10 cases i would say max W for more positioning HOWEVER if you are not killing people with your combo or teamfights start early max your E for the CD

Czekoladyn

01-23-2011

I began to master blitz and have won 72 % ranks playing with him.
There is a question about build.
runes ( 10 % mana regen and 8.4 % crit chance)
masteries 0/16/14 , summoners ghost/flash (if painfull carry on opposite team i go exhaust/ghost)
1.first item, meki pendant + 2 heal pots. to keep mana high if i need to bait with mana shield
2.getting tear of goddess to increase mana pool and regen.
3.than getting swiftness or mercs ( berserks only it they don't have alot crowd control and tankish )
4.building trinity starting from sheen
5.ending manamune for additional damage if they don't have bad casters as karthus or lux/morgana ( banshee first )
6.banshee starting with catalyst.
( next items are impossible to get , win comes to fast )
7.hp item depends on enemy team (sunfire or randuin)
8.atmas
to sum up it should be :
Manamune/Mercury Treads/Trinity Force/Banshee Veil/Sunfire Cape/Atma Impaler
Is it ok ? I wondered how would hextech gunblade work ...
Any clues about cdr items ?
I have seen Doublelift playing blitz and followed his path .
His games were best source of knowledge .
I loved his last game when hotshot was playing trist >.> ( awesome grab on anivia )
As you said grabs should have over 90 % accurarcy,
what if you can with my build survive alot and 3 hit carries such as twitch?
I would really find it helpfull if you could tell me why my build is bad ( i bet it must be bad someway ).
I have learned and adapted myselft trough 600 normal wins , and began to gain elo with blitz,
but now i must learn from others who already have mastered blitz.
Is he good for backdoors ? I found him destroying turrets with one overdrive.
Thnx for reading this post.
Czekoladyn ( choco man )

12345612 ... 20