Doublelift's -Blitzcrank- Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Eric

03-02-2011

I've read that Flash is a must summoner spell to get with Blitz, and I saw people asking about a second one (I'm not sure if they ever got an answer).
But, I was going to ask about Clarity.

Pardon me if this sounds newbish (since I am one xD), but I've been getting into the habit of popping my Clarity (if my mana is low or even half down) in order to get a better mana shield buff when I'm about to get in trouble and I'm at least 90% certain that it's going to activate.

Is this is a common strategy? Is it a stupid one?

SiouxsieSioux

03-02-2011

The mana shield no longer depends on your mana remaining, only on your mana pool. If you have 5000 mana and used it all up, when the shield activates it will still give you 10% ( or whatever the % is) of your mana pool, in this case 500 as a shield.

TLR Clarity doesn't give you a shield.

Personally I like exhaust and clairvoyance, since I think flash-pullbacks don't work anymore, and blitz has an inbuilt ghost skill. Though ignite, teleport, fortify (maybe) are alternatives.

Mister Eric

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxsieSioux View Post
The mana shield no longer depends on your mana remaining, only on your mana pool. If you have 5000 mana and used it all up, when the shield activates it will still give you 10% ( or whatever the % is) of your mana pool, in this case 500 as a shield.

TLR Clarity doesn't give you a shield.
This is incorrect as I just tested it.
It's still about how much mana you have currently (not total).
Idk why people are saying this.

Shriek

03-09-2011

Bump, this guide still good up to this patch?

WalkingOnWater

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

Agreed except I'd run with a frozen heart, or at least glacial shroud, instead of Randuin's most of the time. But I max E first, too, and always tell Blitzs to do that. I love Blitz <3 good guide!

coons

03-13-2011

necro

Festive Crank

03-24-2011

Doublelift should stream again. I actually come to this thread to see if he is active on the forums.

TehWhiteMage

03-26-2011

Oh wow. I'm glad I stumbled across this!

Love the clips, though I really would enjoy watching a full streamed game

Qzahk

03-26-2011

I saw Doublelift playing with Hotshot on Hotshot's stream last night. You could hear him talking through vent too. So that was kind of awesome.

JohnPetrucci

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublelift View Post
-If you want to maximize your DPS, save your ult for when they are low
thank you for saying this. I'm a solid blitz player (though my build is quite different from yours. I'll have to give your build a shot) and my friends always get angry when I dont pop it at the start of a fight. The extra dmg is in the hundreds... idk why I'd use it as anything else than a finisher. The silence is negligible outside of being an interrupt.

I also take flash on blitz so flash+ult is a great way to surprise finish an escapee if your grab is on CD.