Janna, Bringing out her true potential

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Mighty Raeli

Senior Member

12-03-2010

bad build all around.

catalyst > philosopher's stone for early game survivability
ROA > rylai's

etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melon Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-03-2010

Good build for low elo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MelonBalla

Senior Member

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeszra View Post
Are you soloing with this build? Ultimately, if you're pushing for being able to clear entire creep waves instantly, you're starving your teammate of gold, which isn't very useful if you're support and they're damage.

I assume, like Crimson Rose, I disagree with your build and playstyle because you focus too much on 1)farming, which reduces the value of your lane partner, 2)damage in team fights, which could (and probably does) limit your usefulness as a strong CC for your team, 3)your "defensive" strategy requires you to bubble yourself, which could leave your teammates open targets and 4)aura items would far better support your teammates' damage than the limited damage Janna can do with only 2 damage spells, and with most of her spells not scaling well with AP (shield being the exclusion).
I've found with the AP build her spells can do upwards of 500 dmg each, which I think is quite nice. Your right about the gold starving, however in the games I've played I find many creeps dying to towers and going unfarmed in empty lanes. If you take that gold, its not going to harm your team mates.

What items would u suggest for survival instead? Thanks for the feedback.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MelonBalla

Senior Member

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Raeli View Post
bad build all around.

catalyst > philosopher's stone for early game survivability
ROA > rylai's

etc.
How is ROA better than rylai's? ROA takes a while to reach it's true potential at end game, and rylai's provides 500 hp with an amazing slow.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeszra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBalla View Post
I've found with the AP build her spells can do upwards of 500 dmg each, which I think is quite nice. Your right about the gold starving, however in the games I've played I find many creeps dying to towers and going unfarmed in empty lanes. If you take that gold, its not going to harm your team mates.

What items would u suggest for survival instead? Thanks for the feedback.
Upwards of 500 damage may be nice, but when Karthus can ult for half the team's health, Morgana can ult for about 900 damage, Teemo's mushrooms (if AP) can hit for about 500-800 damage etc. Players with more damage abilities that scale better with AP can put out more damage than you can with similar gear, and the gold should be going to them and not you.

If you find an empty lane, awesome. That's usually late game though, not early game. Many characters require a lot of gold early game to have a strong endgame. I used to build RoA/Archangel's, which meant that I had to rush a Tear and Catalyst, thus starving my (usually Pantheon) lane partner of gold s/he needed to snowball in the endgame. Hence I switched to a non-AP build and try to use my Q and W largely for CC purposes.

Other survival items would probably have to alter your playstyle away from all out AP. Innervating locket is about 1000g cheaper than a Rylai's, Soul Shroud is about 800g cheaper than Rylai's, Aegis is about 1000g cheaper than Rylai's etc.

Realistically for your build, a Warmog's might not be a bad option, it's also about 3000g and has almost twice the health of Rylai's, some health regen, and will allow you to increase your health on minion and champion kills which fits the "farming" and "damage" aspects of your playstyle. Guardian Angel might also not be a bad idea.

Edit: Extra runspeed might also not be a bad idea to let you move between lanes to farm and help teammates. You can use runspeed quintessences, go for boots of swiftness/mobility and maybe even a Force of Nature.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MelonBalla

Senior Member

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeszra View Post
Upwards of 500 damage may be nice, but when Karthus can ult for half the team's health, Morgana can ult for about 900 damage, Teemo's mushrooms (if AP) can hit for about 500-800 damage etc. Players with more damage abilities that scale better with AP can put out more damage than you can with similar gear, and the gold should be going to them and not you.

If you find an empty lane, awesome. That's usually late game though, not early game. Many characters require a lot of gold early game to have a strong endgame. I used to build RoA/Archangel's, which meant that I had to rush a Tear and Catalyst, thus starving my (usually Pantheon) lane partner of gold s/he needed to snowball in the endgame. Hence I switched to a non-AP build and try to use my Q and W largely for CC purposes.

Other survival items would probably have to alter your playstyle away from all out AP. Innervating locket is about 1000g cheaper than a Rylai's, Soul Shroud is about 800g cheaper than Rylai's, Aegis is about 1000g cheaper than Rylai's etc.

Realistically for your build, a Warmog's might not be a bad option, it's also about 3000g and has almost twice the health of Rylai's, some health regen, and will allow you to increase your health on minion and champion kills which fits the "farming" and "damage" aspects of your playstyle. Guardian Angel might also not be a bad idea.
I see what your saying, but warmogs doesnt give any AP, and it doesnt give added slow. If you wanted the extra 500 HP then sure, but your giving up a lot for it. Janna doesnt need more than 2500 hp which is what I usually have end game, especially with a 600+ shield.

She may not do as much damage as other heroes, but my 500+ dmg nuke can doe AOE damage in team battles as well. The kind of damage really helps in team fights, and if you went pure support with low AP, the effectiveness of all of your spells is drastically reduced.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeszra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-03-2010

I disagree, I think having a lot of health is better than adding a slow to 1 ability. No, Warmogs doesn't have AP, but neither does your Banshees Veil. You don't have to get a Rylai's for damage, you can build other damage items.

In terms of AOE Nukes, so does Vlad's, so does Lux's, so does Morgana's, Nunu etc and many of them do much more damage and some of them also have CC components. If you're pure support your spells aren't doing as much damage, but you're giving your damage teammates your auras which make them stronger, you can focus on using your spells as a knock-up and slow instead of blowing them for a nuke. Again, you're also farming less gold early game which makes all of your other teammates that much stronger and better able to kill the enemy team, instead of hogging the gold so you can damage them with your 2 spells instead of other characters' 3 or 4.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MelonBalla

Senior Member

12-03-2010

I took what you guys said into consideration and made changes to my item build.
Starting with catalyst does make sense, and then building it towards ROA. You get the HP, MANA and AP.

I replaced Archangels staff with Rylais, because I still believe in the power of Rylais and this gives you an extra 500 hp.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MelonBalla

Senior Member

12-03-2010

Id like to see some people try this build and provide feed back on what could be improved


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiria

Senior Member

12-03-2010

1.Janna dont need to farm.
2. Stop building ap on her. Aura/survi items + wards > ap.
3. Cleanse/Flash is the way to go. Counter every aoe disable.
4. Zephyr > Tornado unless u solo lane then max tornado. Zephyr is gr8 slow in early game and it helps in ganking. Tornado just pushing lane and like i said janna dont need to farm and if u trying to farm +150cs on her ur doing it wrong.


123