Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Verdandi, The Chains of Destiny

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kilolas

01-08-2010

I have to say, I love everything about this champion, I would definitely play her, nice work.

Everglass

01-09-2010

loving the support, but im needing some feedback. Give me something to work with people.

Everglass

01-09-2010

Hmm nothing posted.

Just a reminder, the Champion Suggestion Contest is up so any thing you guys think i should do to help her chances please feel free to comment.

Everglass

01-11-2010

I've come up with an idea for her w spell, what if that instead of just bouncing between enemies and dealing instant damage, the chains coils a target and jumps to coils anther target and will continue to do so until it jumps ten time then last an additional 2 sec before returning to her. During the the duration of the spell, targets coiled take a base dot damage and will be increased if strain is place on the chains by stretching them. One unit can be coil multiple times. Pretty much it would work like it did before but instead would do a dot, also by basing the damage off of how long it lasts, the first target would receive most of the damage and the last target would only take 2 sec worth, make the damage pre bonce decrease. If cast on one enemy, it would do squwat 2 secs worth damage. The stretching of the chains dealing more damage would also "persuade" enemies caught in the spell to stay together, which is beneficial to many situations. The stretch damage would proc if the chain goes out of a cretin range in which the two targets of the link would being taking an increase in the dot damage. The most ideal situation were this spell would do the most damage is when cast on two enemies in a forest take the full stack of 5 and 5 then they split up stretching the chains dealing maximum damage. Of course the damage wouldn't be to high because they can stack to one enemy multiple times, maybe dealing 20/25/30/35/40 damage per sec (since the spell would last between 5 to 7 secs) and deal an additional 20% to 30% damage if a chain is stretched over 600 yards (i did the math or at least i think i did, dealing any where between a 1000 to 1800 base damage at lvl 5, this is total as well so this is not fully on one target.)

The only problem i see is that often these spells would chase down a target dramatically increasing the duration of the spell. a way to fix this is that it wont chase beyond its bonce range (which i am no sure how long however), and that if it fails to bonce to its targeted jump it stops and proc the 2 sec after time. Also a major problem is that there are a lot of variations to the spell meaning that the min of damage it can do and the maximum is far between. So before I changed it I wanted a bit of feedback on the spell.

Please tell me what you think?

Kilolas

01-11-2010

How high would the snare be on the new w spell? Because if its too high and stacks it might effectively become like another rooting effect. I agree with the chase down of spells like this too, and i like your way of fixing that because fiddle's dark wind can go very far sometimes. From the way I read it seems like it will only bounce 10 times? Also it might seems a little OP in certain situations like a Nunu ult or pirate ult in a team fight causing other team to run then just use this to effectively prevent that, but then again many abilities can be considered OP when combined with other champs spells, other than that its a really cool idea.

Everglass

01-11-2010

Quote:
Kilolas:
How high would the snare be on the new w spell? Because if its too high and stacks it might effectively become like another rooting effect. I agree with the chase down of spells like this too, and i like your way of fixing that because fiddle's dark wind can go very far sometimes. From the way I read it seems like it will only bounce 10 times? Also it might seems a little OP in certain situations like a Nunu ult or pirate ult in a team fight causing other team to run then just use this to effectively prevent that, but then again many abilities can be considered OP when combined with other champs spells, other than that its a really cool idea.

hmmm i think your a bit mistaken, its her Q spell chain wrap that has the snare. I only was mentioning a different virsion of her chain coil spell which is the one that's like fiddle's dark wind, so no snare on this one (it may be do to the wording, her q spell is called chain "wrap" and i used wrap to describe the effect of chain coil, i probably should change all those warps into "coils around the target&quot The spell does however make it easier for allies such as nunu casting his ulti, but the spell doesn't force you to stay together, they can still run out of its range but it might cost the expense of taking a bit of damage extra form this spell.

Kilolas

01-11-2010

Yea the wording probably threw me off, ability sounds good now. A note about her living chain ability, I love the idea behind it, but it might sometimes ruin the game just because the person playing her could be an ass and pull you into the enemy. Just a thought but what if u dumb down her ult a little and change it into her E ability, and mabye make her final something like this?

Alter Fate: Verdandi creates a link of chains between her and a friendly champion, when either is takes a deathblow the chains what alter her or Verdandi's destiny, saving them by healing for X and then pulling the dieing champion to the person connected to the chain. However if the two stray too far apart, the link will be broken and the spell wasted.

Just a suggestion of course, and this could probably fall prey to ass hole players as well though.
Also the link of chains between them could apply the passive too if u wanted

Everglass

01-11-2010

Quote:
Kilolas:
Yea the wording probably threw me off, ability sounds good now. A note about her living chain ability, I love the idea behind it, but it might sometimes ruin the game just because the person playing her could be an ass and pull you into the enemy. Just a thought but what if u dumb down her ult a little and change it into her E ability, and mabye make her final something like this?

Alter Fate: Verdandi creates a link of chains between her and a friendly champion, when either is takes a deathblow the chains what alter her or Verdandi's destiny, saving them by healing for X and then pulling the dieing champion to the person connected to the chain. However if the two stray too far apart, the link will be broken and the spell wasted.

Just a suggestion of course, and this could probably fall prey to ass hole players as well though.
Also the link of chains between them could apply the passive too if u wanted

OH very intresting idea, i like then fact that it pervents killing blows. But I dont know how it would work with her two chain ends sysytem. it couldnt just not use one but if it did one chain end would be on anther alliy perventing you from casting more then one spell during the duration of her ulti, which can be wasted by nither of her or the tageted alliy recieve a killing blow or the two just get seprated. Maybe a healing during its duration? or perhaps making it shared life and if a killing blow is dealt, the one who was attack is pulled back and theyre both healed back to life. Theres a lot i could do with this, but give me some time before I decide what to do with it. I might just end up trashing the two chain end system.

Also, if someone wants to be an ass hole theres no real way to pervent this, their going to do what they do and ruin the game and theres nothing we can do to stop this. Maybe riot sould add team exacutions, were, if all the teammates click the attack button on one alliy champion, they all exacute him kicking the summoner from the game. But i dont see how Verdandi can be worst then Tristana/Alistar knocking an enemy champion to safty, I hate when they do that.

Everglass

01-15-2010

bump, how shameful D:

Everglass

01-16-2010

19 of 29 posts are mine..... seriously im gonna stop stuffing this tread with me just talking talking to myself.......