[Guide]: Gangplank: "What's this, AP Business? Yar Har!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wonton55

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2010

I've got a question: You take Sapphire Crystal as your starting item, and Raise Morale as your starting skill...

How do you stay alive 'til level 2?? It sounds silly, but generally when people see that I can't parrrley them and don't have very high health, they start harassing me so hard that I end up with around 200 health by the time I'm level 2. O_o

Dimble

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2010

Play safe ? wait until you're at tower to last hit ?

Craixis

12-24-2010

Its mainly a conservative thing, since this guide was writen I've reworked some of the runes (mainly switched to some HP Quints and a crit Quint). I play just like I did with this build, kill two minions, let the waves of minions fight, stay away from the bush, standard surv play.
One of GP's strengths is his ability to keep the minions right near his turret, learning how to last hit at the turret can make or break your early game.
That being said, laning with someone like Kat is a boatload of fun if you want to be aggressive, Kat takes the bush while you deny minions in lane and pop Parrrleys, good times.

Gnomish Engineer

12-24-2010

Without hextech revolver, AP gankplank is way less effective. Spell vamp affects his raise moral, which heals him considerably.

Craixis

12-24-2010

Varies, you don't really need spell vamp when you already heal for a large amount with Remove Scurvy (1-1 ratio, on top of that, its on a short cooldown).
Its a nice addition, but ultimately, you can get by without it (and what about those times there are no minions around? AP/CDR benefit you more then Spell Vamp in the end, though its not a bad luxury item.

Damir SLaughter

12-24-2010

Very nice guide. On my 3rd game trying it (the only one where no one on my team left...) I ended w/ 20 stacks and could 1v1 MF w/o any minions around to use E to proc lich bane. I have so much more fun w/ mage planks.

Talking Socks

12-24-2010

This looks interesting, but why get Lichbane so soon? If you follow your first build and grab a Bveil instead of a RoA, it is actually your first AP item and I think the Lichbane proc is weaker than the Sheen proc at that moment. Isn't it better to get some AP first before getting Lichbane?

Craixis

12-27-2010

The item build is more or less reliant on how the game is going, if its going south, keeping Sheen may be a better choice. I can usually finish RoA after I get sheen no problem (as Remove Scurvy usually works just as well as Banshee's Vale for the most part, that "extra protection" sure is nice though).
Sheen to Lichbane loses about 7 damage if you go straight into it at level 11. Lich Bane adds bonus speed and M Resist (both of which make you slightly more difficult to take down). Its all personal preference, item builds are always subject to change based on the current needs of the game.

Nightdancer ND

12-28-2010

My main problem with APgank is that your autoattacks are very weak.

PineapplePine

12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightdancer ND View Post
My main problem with APgank is that your autoattacks are very weak.
The main problem with normal Critplank is that your auto attacks are not weak but you die like a balloon (virtually a few hits by bursts or even real DPS champions).

I'm not saying he has to stand back all the time, I'm just saying he's not Jax or Master Yi who can jump in and kill fast and walk out of more than 1 champion.

If its just 1 champion with Critplank, then its fine.