Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New surrender feature... (Riot plz read).

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RagnekUK

12-03-2010

Quote:
Monrilles:
What I was thinking is an option that allows a solo queue'd player to join a game where someone never connected in the loading screen.

He could see the champions already chosen by the team and fill the missing spot (Tank, Support, caster...)

Unfortunatly that would never work as it would then deny the dropout his/her chance to rejoin.

RagnekUK

12-04-2010

Thought id give this a bump to get a few more opinions.

Threads

Adjudicator

12-04-2010

quite often (as far as I can tell) this disconnect at loadscreen is caused by a computer crash during champion select.

the player thinks... it was champion select, now i have a queue dodge.
goes away to do something else for a bit, comes back to discover a leave on their profile (it has happened to me 8 times since the stat reset way back when)..
anyway, this is the problem as far as I can tell.
so if they are unaware that they are in a game, why the hell would they come back to it?

RagnekUK

12-04-2010

Quote:
Threads:
quite often (as far as I can tell) this disconnect at loadscreen is caused by a computer crash during champion select.

the player thinks... it was champion select, now i have a queue dodge.
goes away to do something else for a bit, comes back to discover a leave on their profile (it has happened to me 8 times since the stat reset way back when)..
anyway, this is the problem as far as I can tell.
so if they are unaware that they are in a game, why the hell would they come back to it?

And that is fair enough, Im not suggesting a penalisation for them but the option to surrender if the team that is being penalised (by being a player short) feels like they do not wish to continue. As it has already been suggested, if the game is ended in such a way no IP/xp/stat is given and this avoids any potential abuse of the feature.

Last night after I started this thread we had another leaver, the game after that the opposition had 2 leavers. How is being walked over for 25 minutes any fun? In our game we had for and we toughed it out for 56 minutes, it felt more like a punishment than an enjoyable and challanging game. I normally enjoy a challange dont get me wrong, and if you can win a 4v5 then great, it feels awesome, however the majority of 4v5 games the 5 win due to sheer numbers.

Im not saying the game *SHOULD* end if theres a D/C just that the team who is a player short should have the option to surrender for the first 1:30 or so till minions spawn, if they dont surrender by then, then they play as normal and hopefully the drop reconnects.

WarTornPanda

12-04-2010

Quote:
DreadAssassin:
I have won 4v5's so it is not completely hopeless. The probelm faced here is games could end in 1 minute and it would give poeple who wanted to play it out no chance to do so, as well as open doors to farming IP

Edit: downvoted by guys who want the games to end before 25 minutes? or guy who want to farm IP...
If you give up before 15 minutes, at which point the real game is JUST starting, you deserve all those losses you have. The game is all about having fun, and if you automatically give up because the game is not imeaditly going your way, then you missed the point.

LOL. What?

"Hey Tom! Let's go play basketball around the corner at the gym"

Derp. Derp. Derp.

"WTF?! Dave why are we playing four against five?"

"Just enjoy the game jackass."

Threads

Adjudicator

12-04-2010

I want the client to recognise other disconnects... because... well, computer crashing during champ selection.

if you do reconnect.
you are underleveled.
and the game has decided to random you Urgot with your magic pen runes.

Kelenas

12-04-2010

I'm not sure what elo you are playing in if leavers at loading screen almost never return. Maybe 3 time since i've started this game has that been the case for me. A leaver at start generally had some computer issues, had to restart, and will be back by 2 or 3 minutes in. A disadvantage to be sure, but not an auto lose.
Personally I'd rather not have to reboot, only to find my team decided to surrender because I had a slight connection hiccup and be docked a leave and a loss.

RagnekUK

12-04-2010

Quote:
Kelenas:
I'm not sure what elo you are playing in if leavers at loading screen almost never return. Maybe 3 time since i've started this game has that been the case for me. A leaver at start generally had some computer issues, had to restart, and will be back by 2 or 3 minutes in. A disadvantage to be sure, but not an auto lose.
Personally I'd rather not have to reboot, only to find my team decided to surrender because I had a slight connection hiccup and be docked a leave and a loss.

You only need to see across the forums what an issue leavers and non-connectors is. Maybe not in the ranked games, but in the normal ones its running rampant,

RagnekUK

12-05-2010

So no reply from Riot at all about this - thats disapointing.

Prosecutor Godot

12-05-2010

I never surrender and neither should you.

Except if there's really no chance (VERY rare occasion).