Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New surrender feature... (Riot plz read).

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RagnekUK

12-03-2010

For the 6th game in a row my team has had a leaver drop on the load screen, this bums the whole team out and we are then subjected to smack talk from the opposition and getting trounced on for 25 minutes, I would like to play devils advocate and suggest that if in the first minute (or until minions spawn) if a player leaves/drops that team has the option of surrendering. Once minions spawn they have to wait the 25. This wouldnt work in practise games or any game with a bot, but the Normal games I think it fair, maybe ranked - as no one is telling them to hit 'Yes' but they have that option in the first minute or two.

please dont give me the argument that they might reconnect - 99% of the time they dont and the 1 time they do its 10 minutes into the game and theyre level one facing off against an opposition with a 8 level deficit or w/e.

This is simply a suggestion, no one has to click yes if they dont want too but it would be nice instead of wasting 25 minutes of everyones time just to re-queue and try for a better game.

This is happening in pre-mades as well as solo and ive been in a 2, 3 or 4 man premade each of my last games its happend - it gets tedious, and boring.

Please consider this.

AngelsOfHell12

12-03-2010

I clicked No

RagnekUK

12-03-2010

Quote:
AngelsOfHell12:
I clicked No

So you downvoted me, missed a bracket off my quote and didnt even give a reason as to why you disagree... Fair enough.

Monrilles

12-03-2010

Most people would not surrender at 25, since it IS possible to win a 4v5. I have also won a 3v5, once. It's all about using the early game level advantage.

Yeorwned

12-03-2010

You only wasted 25 minutes? I obviously wasn't in your game because your surrender vote would have failed at 25 sir. A Demacian does not retreat.

Renegade Glitch

12-03-2010

I have won 4v5's so it is not completely hopeless. The probelm faced here is games could end in 1 minute and it would give poeple who wanted to play it out no chance to do so, as well as open doors to farming IP

Edit: downvoted by guys who want the games to end before 25 minutes? or guy who want to farm IP...
If you give up before 15 minutes, at which point the real game is JUST starting, you deserve all those losses you have. The game is all about having fun, and if you automatically give up because the game is not imeaditly going your way, then you missed the point.

The Flying Toast

12-03-2010

I like this idea,

I hate wasting 25 mins just to get a whoopin 60 ip.

The Flying Toast

12-03-2010

Quote:
DreadAssassin:
I have won 4v5's so it is not completely hopeless. The probelm faced here is games could end in 1 minute and it would give poeple who wanted to play it out no chance to do so, as well as open doors to farming IP

Why not make it so neither team gets ip? If you surrender in the first minute then it wasn't actually a game. So there is no reason to give ip.

lZN5nmfDBTc1bgRT

12-03-2010

Quote:
DreadAssassin:

out of 10 4vs5 games, you win once .. (usually after long losing streak)

imho, there should be a surrender option if team mate afks for 10 minutes + loss forgiven for the rest of the team (this will actually encourage not to go afk if ur losing)

DrakenViator

12-03-2010

I've had one to many games where the person who 'didn't load' came back by second lv and was able to help the team to a victory so I too would vote no.

This would be a good idea under ideal conditions, but I think that too many people would abuse this as a way to avoid the que dodge penalty. As such I would be against such a system.