I would like to talk about Irelia (and other things)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ikeblade

12-03-2010

I used to main Nasus...but it hasn't been pretty lately. He used to be my garen-teed game winning character, and now I feel useless. For more on that, see "Hyfe"
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=371291

I need a new champion that I can rely on to, if not win me the game, always give me a good one. So far I've looked at Kennen, Kassadin, and Xin Zhao.

-Kennen I have not yet tried, but I've heard 2 things about him. One, he is very good and very viable. Two, he is one of the more fun champs to play.

-Kassadin I do great with...as long as I mid. If I can't have mid, I can't do anything, and there is no way to ALWAYS get mid.

-Xin...I have yet to have a successful experience with yet. I see him rock a team's face into the ground (air?...) but am nowhere close to doing that myself.

-Irelia. Why I made this thread. She's still fairly new. I love her unique assassin-y mechanics of the dash and stunning those with more health than her. Is she...worth it? Sure, Akali does better AP burst, but doesn't Irelia bring her own ideas to the table?

Tell me what you think of the champs I mentioned, tell me if there is another champ you think is "worth" maining and why.

TL;DR
Is Irelia worth trying to master, or should I just learn Kassadin or Akali?

Tridgit

12-03-2010

i play regularilly with a guy who has effectively made irelia his main.

he does quite well with her (to the shock of the rest of the clan i might add)

just look at the skills, think about how they work, and see that way if the champ would be fun for you to play. if that answers yes....

Enigma4you

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

well it is free irelia week so make use of the time and try her out. she plays similar to akali but has a more tanky/dps way of playing

TastyCupRamen

12-03-2010

Irelia's pretty fun to play imo.
you can build her in different ways also since her abilities scale in a odd way.
then again, I'm an Akali fan so if you want burst, go Akali.

ikeblade

12-03-2010

I do already own Irelia, so I have a little experience with her. I've had a good time most matches, but it seems that other Irelias outshine me. I believe that is due to my lack of jungling experience, and therefore lack of jungle buff control. (I lane, btw)

Tridgit

12-03-2010

you dont need to jungle as irelia

just play her as a lane champ, and periodically go MIA and grab a jungle buff.

do that enough times the enemy team will stop calling your MIA's, then the fun begins