Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends, the new Ruinedscape!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omfgcheese

12-03-2010

As an video game player and enthusiast I have enjoyed the dota scene, playing dota for almost 5 years now I am indeed planning on going back to dota. I seriously hate how there is no balance in ELO, 9 losses later my ELO goes from 1463 to 1351. I don't know what makes riot games so hated but apparently I am not the only one. 4 teammates will attempt to do good: 1 teammate flames, 4 people suffer. 1 player feeds, 4 people suffer. and so on.
Riot games I seriously hate what this game has become, Runescape had over 10 million active players and 130 million registered accounts. Guess what has happened? it sucks now and less people played it. First ruining trading, then pvp, and so forth. Unless ELO is balanced in ranked this too will be your downfall. Stop focus on updating once a week with a new hero, a new skin, and other stuff people forget about. What happened to Urgot? I have yet to find 1 player who still plays it on ranked. I hope someone from Riot does reply for I will be checking constantly.

A Retarded Clown

12-03-2010

I actually hoped this would address how such an awesome game is being ruined by terrible patching (technically and possibly even gameplaywise) and bad balance changes. Don't fix what ain't broke...

Ferisar

12-03-2010

Quote:
Omfgcheese:
As an video game player and enthusiast I have enjoyed the dota scene, playing dota for almost 5 years now I am indeed planning on going back to dota.

I don't care.

Omfgcheese

12-03-2010

I think up until these new crowd control heroes were introduced it basically ruined the game. I actually enjoyed LOL until about 3 months ago and the new wave of people coming in.

Omfgcheese

12-03-2010

Quote:
Ferisar:
I don't care.

Why are you here?

Gorchek

12-03-2010

Because Dota is better? Poorer graphics and outdated gameplay mechanics aside, there is absolutely no matchmaking to speak of in dota, and nearly zero anti-leaver policies (i have never run into the same person twice, so banlists are worthless). What makes you think dota will be any better?

Larias

Adjudicator

12-03-2010

Enjoy DotA, if you actually do quit.

When you lose 9 in a row in DotA and talk about how awful it is and you come back to LoL, be sure to post this same post again.

Omfgcheese

12-03-2010

Quote:
Larias:
Enjoy DotA, if you actually do quit.

When you lose 9 in a row in DotA and talk about how awful it is and you come back to LoL, be sure to post this same post again.

I actually enjoy dota, I don't mind losing or winning in dota since I can weed out leavers/feeders with bots ip ban and bot kick feature. In LOL once one player feeds the whole team pays

Jubez

12-03-2010

I don't know about DoTA, but low-ELO ranked is really a dice roll. Cause either my team or their team is going to get the Evelyn/Trynd that speaks 0 english. Thats beyond my control, and it usually happens to me. I can recall off the top of my head a good 4-5 games with Evelyn trolls in them, its so stupid.

Omfgcheese

12-03-2010

Quote:
Gorchek:
Because Dota is better? Poorer graphics and outdated gameplay mechanics aside, there is absolutely no matchmaking to speak of in dota, and nearly zero anti-leaver policies (i have never run into the same person twice, so banlists are worthless). What makes you think dota will be any better?

There is a thing called IP ban ya know