Quality or Quantity

I woudl rather see better matches made at the expense of faster ques. 13 92.86%
I like having fast ques and accept that sometimes the MM will from time to time , underperform. 0 0%
I don't really care either way. Both are too important for me to decide. 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Match Making , Quality or Quantity?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knyaz

12-03-2010

Well basically ive seen alot of complaints about the MM system Riot uses. I thought about several things and why they are the way they are.

For instance , when a duo que ques both players elo's are pushed up. What if instead of this , the MM instead matched the duo to an opposite team with a similar elo duo que?... The obvious problem is that it would take much longer to find such a match. But this is the theme im running with here and the question i want to ask.

Would you prefer better quality of match making at the expense of faster que times?

And also , What do you think is a reasonable wait time and an unreasonable one?

xavarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

I wouldn't mind waiting 5 minutes for a good game to be honest, I mean I used to wait about 3 for 2v2 Arena in WoW and those lasted 10 minutes. I can do about half that time for 40-50 minute games.

P4rD0nM3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

I don't really know. I wish there were more 1650-1700 players online. Because I don't like getting my ass kicked by 1800 players duo q'ng with their 1600 friends.

Omfgcheese

12-03-2010

I hate riot games their system is set up to your wins and losses are evened out currently I am on a 9th game ranked loss including 6 normal game losses due to 1 dumb player. I am tired and sick of riot

Knyaz

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omfgcheese View Post
I hate riot games their system is set up to your wins and losses are evened out currently I am on a 9th game ranked loss including 6 normal game losses due to 1 dumb player. I am tired and sick of riot
Well to be honest , getting games to actually be 50 - 50 chance of winning is what im aiming for.

I know zil argues that you will have around about a 50 - 50 win / loss rate when you hit your 'true" elo. But too many factors like the duo que distort and skew games in my honest opinion.

FVTE

12-03-2010

Who the hell wants to get a fast queue only to get into a ****ty game? It's like if you are eating at a restaurant, would you rather have something that taste like **** or wait longer to actually enjoy your stay?

JALbert

12-03-2010

You're implying that staying in the queue for an extra short period will give you a drastically better matchup. I highly doubt this is the case. I don't think Elo within small bands has much, if any significant predictive effect given how much variance there is in your Elo and matchmaking luck. Waiting a longer time to Match people within 5 Elo of each other won't give you a different game than matching people within 15 Elo of each other, because everyone's Elo is likely 20+ off its true value for the most part.