What if we combined LoL's designers and HoN's engineers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fofomag

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareth View Post
Yeah HoN is 8 months behind LoL.

That's why LoL had replays, observer mode, map making, etc, long before HoN.

The player base crapping all over each other works both ways. In fact I'd say the LoL community is worse in this respect. Simply because of the ignorance factor.

E.g. Saying HoN is a copy paste dota or dota with shiny graphics, claiming it has monthly fees, etc.

>My face when you're implying HoN is a different gamee from DOTA

Sciz

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krath4 View Post
On the subject of communities, HoN regularly flames LoL, you often see "Yeah, both games are good, but HoN is better" on their forums. But it is THEIR forums, so you expect bias, so whatever. LoL players generally complain about how HoN is a copypasta of DotA with some new graphics.
Have you been to the HoN forums recently? The prevailing attitude when it comes to LoL is "That noob game? meh." It's just not discussed like HoN is here. Here it's almost like posters have a personal vendetta against S2.

Gunkuu

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krath4 View Post
HoN has replays, observer mode, etc, yes. They are generally more 'competitive' than us right now.

LoL is more casual, and will apparently get these features soon (tm) which is understandable, I suppose? IMO we should have had those features since Season One, but whatever.

On the subject of communities, HoN regularly flames LoL, you often see "Yeah, both games are good, but HoN is better" on their forums. But it is THEIR forums, so you expect bias, so whatever. LoL players generally complain about how HoN is a copypasta of DotA with some new graphics.

Personally I haven't played HoN, but I don't approve of the mindless bashing each community gives the other.
A big problem is that most people that play HoN can try LoL for free, and make judgment. The other way around is a lot harder (also since HoN is harder to get into in general). I know there's trial accounts for HoN, but that requires HoN players to send you invites, which is usually limited to friends. So you have people who hate HoN without ever playing it more often than the other way around.

I also actually don't play HoN, I just watch HoN cast because some of the stuff is really cool. I've also been lately watching DotA replays in anticipation for DOTA 2.

Shadow Demon and Ancient Apparition seem cool. :>

WcQuBT9vCSCc4BRT

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofomag View Post
>My face when you're implying HoN is a different gamee from DOTA
Thanks for proving my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norak View Post
You spout nothing but anit-LoL, pro-HoN trash.
"Saying HON is a copy past dota", it is.
What is different about HoN?
Newer graphics. Different champion names, thats right, not different champions, but different champion names. (Yes I do realise they don't call them champions in HoN).

Go back to HoN, you HoNtard.
You too.