What if we combined LoL's designers and HoN's engineers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pokemaster

Recruiter

12-03-2010

discuss

Qazman

The Hub

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

So, HON are like, uh, eight months behind LoL?

I find it kind of funny that their player base shamelessly craps all over LoL players while their developers are taking furious notes.

Annenthios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

We would get Obsidian!

Downvote if you dont get the minecraft reference :P

WcQuBT9vCSCc4BRT

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hub View Post
So, HON are like, uh, eight months behind LoL?

I find it kind of funny that their player base shamelessly craps all over LoL players while their developers are taking furious notes.
Yeah HoN is 8 months behind LoL.

That's why LoL had replays, observer mode, map making, etc, long before HoN.

The player base crapping all over each other works both ways. In fact I'd say the LoL community is worse in this respect. Simply because of the ignorance factor.

E.g. Saying HoN is a copy paste dota or dota with shiny graphics, claiming it has monthly fees, etc.

The Cello Pony

12-03-2010

Fu-shun-HA!

Norak

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareth View Post
Yeah HoN is 8 months behind LoL.

That's why LoL had replays, observer mode, map making, etc, long before HoN.

The player base crapping all over each other works both ways. In fact I'd say the LoL community is worse in this respect. Simply because of the ignorance factor.

E.g. Saying HoN is a copy paste dota or dota with shiny graphics, claiming it has monthly fees, etc.
You spout nothing but anit-LoL, pro-HoN trash.
"Saying HON is a copy past dota", it is.
What is different about HoN?
Newer graphics. Different champion names, thats right, not different champions, but different champion names. (Yes I do realise they don't call them champions in HoN).

Go back to HoN, you HoNtard.

Gunkuu

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norak View Post
Newer graphics. Different champion names, thats right, not different champions, but different champion names. (Yes I do realise they don't call them champions in HoN).

Actually HoN has a bunch of original champs too, as well as much different metagame than dota as even some of the copies have changes. As well as different items and such.

Stop being such a fanboy man, you make your side look bad ┐('~`;)┌

Sciz

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norak View Post

You just proved his point about how completely ignorant most LoL fanboys are about HoN.

Krath4

12-03-2010

HoN has replays, observer mode, etc, yes. They are generally more 'competitive' than us right now.

LoL is more casual, and will apparently get these features soon (tm) which is understandable, I suppose? IMO we should have had those features since Season One, but whatever.

On the subject of communities, HoN regularly flames LoL, you often see "Yeah, both games are good, but HoN is better" on their forums. But it is THEIR forums, so you expect bias, so whatever. LoL players generally complain about how HoN is a copypasta of DotA with some new graphics.

Personally I haven't played HoN, but I don't approve of the mindless bashing each community gives the other.