Twitch Laning Phase

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

backdoorsluht

07-13-2013

So I've recently picked up ADC and played my first ranked game with Twitch with Lulu support. Lulu kept getting on me for not being aggressive and harassing more and eventually told me to "be aggressive or i go AP."

We laned against Caitlyn and Nunu. Caitlyn's range is hard to deal with especially with squishy Twitch, so i was playing pretty passive during the laning phase but we eventually won and i went 8/5/7 and out cs'ed the enemy ADC.

So i guess my question is, are there any Twitch mains with advice on how to win the laning phase with him being so squishy? When to poke at the enemy?

My strategy: I usually try to get first blood with expunge at lvl 1, then passively CS until i can be a bit more aggressive and go for kills when i start leveling up my Q (first at lvl 4) and even more aggressive when i get my ult. If the enemy bot lane is really aggressive then i usually just passively CS until i get a jungle gank.

Thank you!

Akromah

07-14-2013

Cait is twitchs hardest lane. At lower competition games she won't abuse it as much though. What makes twitch secret OP is the fact that everyone seems to underestimate him. They don't realize he'll outburst almost any adc. There are plenty of ways to play him. In most matchups it's best to auto them whenever the enemy comes to auto you...try and auto him a few times w.o taking a lot of creep damage. Then blow up the expunge. I tap supports if they ever get too close while their ad isn't in follow up range. These tips are how you win small trades. What makes twitch is dipping back between waves and going invis while your ally gets in follow up range. W out of invis and beat the **** out of their adc (or support if he's way out of position). This trick consistently gets me kills and/or lane dominance even in high ELO games. For whatever reason people are alwayd just forgetting that there's a twitch in the game. With twitch you have to always maintain good position and attack whoever is closest. This is essential because twitch can't kite for ****. In fights you can either save your invis for disengage or if you have a hard engage high burst team you can follow up on initiation with it. It's really easy to escape ganks as twitch by just going invis and avoiding attacks. Just watch out for pink wards in the enemy inventory. GL. I'm a huge twitch fan

backdoorsluht

07-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akromah View Post
Cait is twitchs hardest lane. At lower competition games she won't abuse it as much though. What makes twitch secret OP is the fact that everyone seems to underestimate him. They don't realize he'll outburst almost any adc. There are plenty of ways to play him. In most matchups it's best to auto them whenever the enemy comes to auto you...try and auto him a few times w.o taking a lot of creep damage. Then blow up the expunge. I tap supports if they ever get too close while their ad isn't in follow up range. These tips are how you win small trades. What makes twitch is dipping back between waves and going invis while your ally gets in follow up range. W out of invis and beat the **** out of their adc (or support if he's way out of position). This trick consistently gets me kills and/or lane dominance even in high ELO games. For whatever reason people are alwayd just forgetting that there's a twitch in the game. With twitch you have to always maintain good position and attack whoever is closest. This is essential because twitch can't kite for ****. In fights you can either save your invis for disengage or if you have a hard engage high burst team you can follow up on initiation with it. It's really easy to escape ganks as twitch by just going invis and avoiding attacks. Just watch out for pink wards in the enemy inventory. GL. I'm a huge twitch fan
Lots of helpful information thank you!

Grolau000

08-04-2013

I've nothing to say more than Akromah actually.
He's right on most of it. Twitch has a great potential by having early AS bonus to stack his Poisons Stacks faster and do better a damage output with Expunge. Don't forget that you'll out damage ANY ADC with expunge in the really early game. Twitch has maybe one of the strongest lvl 1 burst if he starts with expunge. Imagine you start at 75 Ad ( really normal actually ) and have 0.75 AS. You'Re doing approximately 68 Damag per attack, plus the little poison damage, so overall, in a 4/8 sec exchange, you're dealing ((68*3)+12) + 45+56)/((68*6)+24) + 130+108) = 317/630 . A 4 sec exchange damage isn't long at the beginning, but a 8 sec is long. But there's no other champion able to do as much damage as this in 8 sec at lvl 1. 630 is killing anyone without Health Bonus.
Considering this great burst, I highly recommend going for the invade and take the first blood with it, since you should be able to kill the Support, ADC, APC, maybe the Jungler with 4 AA and Expunge. Considering your team is there too, if you think it's possible, adding 4 stacks on someone, and 2-3 stacks on another ennemy, since it have a great range, it could lead you to an early double kill for the team.
You can't know how many times I got out of the invade with 2-3 even some quadras at lvl 1, just because of expunge.
Hope it helps!

SeCKS Egai

08-05-2013

Your support probably wasn't very good. A well played Cait has one of the strongest laning phases, especially when coupled with quality support.

Of course, with that said, you still have to gauge the quality of your opposition. If you can get two attacks off and cait doesn't return with 2 you probably can be more aggressive.

Your summoners also really dictate how aggressive you can be early lane. If you're up against a enemy adc with barrier, even if you can get em low, they still have the potential to survive and kill you if they aren't exhausted or debuffed somehow.

One also has to consider the supports on both sides. Twitch has nice burst with expunge, but he has to be able to survive to get it off. Expunge has a nice long range, your autos not so much.

The hardest part in going bot lane is the support/adc adapting to each other. Some games, we'll be in sync without saying a word, other games we never get on the same page. I've even had a support abandon the lane because I wasn't aggressive enough in his eyes. The reality was I had to play smart because it was pretty obvious my support wasn't very good, which also coincides with his raging.

USAupinher

08-05-2013

I play Twitch a bit. Honestly ask for supports with a stun. I always try to Cask, 2x shot, exponge. If you can land that combo the enemy will be around half health. With the stun many champs will not try to trade with you. I've found that support leona is OP with twitch

OverlyRomantic

08-06-2013

A lot of times people expunge too early, and then they don't have expunge available through the rest of the fight. Make sure to expunge at 6 stacks if possible.

DigitalZeitgeist

08-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akromah View Post
Really good advice. The only thing I have to add it to try to keep your poisons up. If you manage to get a poke on them and their support is out of position, keep hitting them. If you land 4 autoattacks then hit them with your slow and expunge you will win the trade and you might even force a flash or get a kill if they don't expect the slow from your W or the amount of damage expunge does. If you land one autoattack, you have 6 seconds to hit them again to keep your poison ticking and stacking. If you do this right you can force people out of lanes.

I'm only silver 1 but what I usually do if they have a leona/nunu or a strong lane, and I can't really trade without taking a wombo combo I just play passively and wait for a gank. Depending on the strength of your jungle/support, you can just sneak up on them like he said and if they fight you will kill them. With BOTRK your chase potential is very big, it's hard to get away from you. The only problem is that if you miss-calculate, you don't have any defensive options besides your summoners.