Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do item's active abilities interrupt channeling abilities?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black Hat Rabbit

12-02-2010

Quote:
Kajitii:
Other than Zhonya's, it would entirely depend on said channel ability.

For example Malzhar's Ultimate?

Edit: I believe all channeling abilities are same in term of channeling distruption.i want this confirmed too

sirk24

12-02-2010

basically, straight up channeling would be interrupted by item activation (especially zhonya's) although ignite, exhaust, and a few others can still be casted while channeling.

however, if you look at Morg's ultimate for example, hers is not a channeling. Which is amazing, because she has to stay in range and it would suck if she had to stay sitll. So for that instance, you can activate zhonya's and the timer isn't reset. I'm sure a couple other ults in the game work this way as well. Just read the specific champion description if you're curious.

Black Hat Rabbit

12-03-2010

Quote:
sirk24:
basically, straight up channeling would be interrupted by item activation (especially zhonya's) although ignite, exhaust, and a few others can still be casted while channeling.

however, if you look at Morg's ultimate for example, hers is not a channeling. Which is amazing, because she has to stay in range and it would suck if she had to stay sitll. So for that instance, you can activate zhonya's and the timer isn't reset. I'm sure a couple other ults in the game work this way as well. Just read the specific champion description if you're curious.

Im not asking bout Morg's Ultimate and im not asking bout summoner spells

Im interested in real channaling ultimates like Nunu and Maltzhar and items like Deathfire Grasp,Quicksilver Sash,Hextech Gunblade

Sytherion

12-03-2010

Quote:
Black Hat Rabbit:
Im not asking bout Morg's Ultimate and im not asking bout summoner spells

Im interested in real channaling ultimates like Nunu and Maltzhar and items like Deathfire Grasp,Quicksilver Sash,Hextech Gunblade

Been answered.

Black Hat Rabbit

12-03-2010

Quote:
Sytherion:
Been answered.

Im sory but i don't see an answer to this... all i see is people mentioning zhonya's and morgana ultimate which is not channeling

Sytherion

12-03-2010

Quote:
Tw1TCH:
Yes.

Quote:
fuffychan:
Yes. That's why Nunu can't simply Zhonya's during his ult.

Quote:
Gale:
Yes they do

<_<

biginthepants

12-03-2010

for yi shield, malz, nunu yes, any slight movement or item use will cancel it. for karthus ult, i don't think u can cancel it.