Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yi is overlypowerful

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

k2djspike

12-18-2009

Quote:
bluelightningflik:
Yi is so OP that I've been in multiple games where people will quit if the opposing team has a Yi. If riot is really ignorant about it still, there's no point even trying. I cannot believe there was no attention put into this in the last patch. There is no chance Riot is still unaware of the issues at this point unless they really do ignore the community.

Just one example: Last game we went against a Yi who died twice at the start to jungle minions. He was that bad. Yet we went against him 4 vs 1 when he was lv 12 and low on health and we had an 18 and 17. And he managed to kill 2 of us and get out using nothing but the R button. How is this acceptable?

And any time where you guys suggest a strat that requires the whole team to do one thing against a single opposing player, that' the definition of OP, especially since that's not possible in MM. Realize that.

Well what levels were the two that died? Did you guys think that because you had a level 18 and 17 the other two who where the same level could randomly charge at him first? I have noticed that most ppl just write about how they die and dont explain the whole situation. Did the 18 and 17 stun or CC? So many factors play into it and honestly i think you are exagerating or your team just didnt act well enough as a team to kill him. I dont play Yi often as i like Tryndamere (yes that is a whole new discussion) better but i can tell you he can die as easily as any other champion out there. 4v1 and you guys lose two guys means that you guys did something wrong. One stun and if each of the guys hit him once and he should be dead. Everyone keeps saying that with PUG's its very hard to get that teamwork together and i agree (i get into those games too) but the truth of the matter is that this game is a team game and thats the purpose of the game. Riot should not nerf a char based on the fact that PUG games cant work together, it makes no sense at all what so ever. The game is a team game and Yi is not OP in a team fight (of course that varies depending what chars you pick). And if ppl really do believe that he is OP then record the game with a 3rd party program and show us the vid and we can analyze what went wrong. I want to watch this so called OP character. Or msg me in game and we play host a private game and you can decide who i will use and you can use Yi against me. Let's see how unkillable he is. Instead of asking for a nerf maybe it's a good idea to ask yourself what you can do better to kill him. I am not bashing anyone and i just want to prove to ppl that he is not as OP as ppl think. Let me know your thoughts.

Ad Victoriam

Recruiter

12-18-2009

Quote:
FatChick:
lol idk if you guys realised that their game balancer is from blizz... do not expect any nerf at all.. they are gonna nerf the underpowered heroes and buff the OP ones.. you will realise it soon enough..

every heroes are gonna get a big nerf except master yi, twitch, dryndamere

plus their freakin match making system is so horrible

go play heroes of newerth or go back to tha good ol dotas... much more balanced and better

My T-Shirt says you aren't allowed here... sorry.

kaodynamics

12-18-2009

Quote:
k2djspike:
Well what levels were the two that died? Did you guys think that because you had a level 18 and 17 the other two who where the same level could randomly charge at him first? I have noticed that most ppl just write about how they die and dont explain the whole situation. Did the 18 and 17 stun or CC? So many factors play into it and honestly i think you are exagerating or your team just didnt act well enough as a team to kill him. I dont play Yi often as i like Tryndamere (yes that is a whole new discussion) better but i can tell you he can die as easily as any other champion out there. 4v1 and you guys lose two guys means that you guys did something wrong. One stun and if each of the guys hit him once and he should be dead. Everyone keeps saying that with PUG's its very hard to get that teamwork together and i agree (i get into those games too) but the truth of the matter is that this game is a team game and thats the purpose of the game. Riot should not nerf a char based on the fact that PUG games cant work together, it makes no sense at all what so ever. The game is a team game and Yi is not OP in a team fight (of course that varies depending what chars you pick). And if ppl really do believe that he is OP then record the game with a 3rd party program and show us the vid and we can analyze what went wrong. I want to watch this so called OP character. Or msg me in game and we play host a private game and you can decide who i will use and you can use Yi against me. Let's see how unkillable he is. Instead of asking for a nerf maybe it's a good idea to ask yourself what you can do better to kill him. I am not bashing anyone and i just want to prove to ppl that he is not as OP as ppl think. Let me know your thoughts.

where was all this fuss when tryndamere was getting nerfed? Nerf Yi already he too OP too faaaast. Next katrina needs to nerf wagon.

tenthirtytwo

12-18-2009

1. Pick Teemo
2. Blinding Dart
3. ???
4. Crush physical carries & profit

k2djspike

12-18-2009

Quote:
kaodynamics:
where was all this fuss when tryndamere was getting nerfed? Nerf Yi already he too OP too faaaast. Next katrina needs to nerf wagon.

Honestly I dont care if Yi gets nerfed or that Tryn got nerfed it doesnt bother me any. In the game IMHO the players that died 1v4 against Yi will die 1v4 againsth im even if he were to be nerfed. It's their lack of practice and experienced in the game that gets them killed. I never once complained about any character being OP even when stomp me to the ground. I've died against Yi's and Tryn's all the time but do i think they are OP? No... Do i know why they killed me? Yes, and then i correct what i did wrong and counter them. If he is too fed then its GG thats just how it is. I mean the OP said his Ryze died to Yi in a 1v1... that already says enough. A squishy caster going up against a carry dps 1v1 just sounds wrong in all aspects of the game. So let me ask you, any char that kills you numerous times needs a nerf? It doesnt matter if others can kill them effectively but if you cant then it needs a nerf?

Gandalf 007

12-18-2009

More people honestly need to take the summoner spell exhaust.

Exhaust completely shuts Yi down. Most Yi's will sit in brush waiting for that perfect chance to run into melee range and auto attack spam.

During a gank attempt or teamfight, as soon as yi closes to ANYONE, exhaust him and DPS him. The bad Yi's will keep swinging (doing nothing), and die. The good Yi's will run out of the fight partly, and try to come back in......and when they come back in, their timing and opportunity is usually gone.

k2djspike

12-18-2009

Quote:
tenthirtytwo:
1. Pick Teemo
2. Blinding Dart
3. ???
4. Crush physical carries & profit

*clap* er even though i should be sad since a good teemo owns my tryn

Ferratu

12-18-2009

Quote:
Gandalf 007:
More people honestly need to take the summoner spell exhaust.

Exhaust completely shuts Yi down. Most Yi's will sit in brush waiting for that perfect chance to run into melee range and auto attack spam.

During a gank attempt or teamfight, as soon as yi closes to ANYONE, exhaust him and DPS him. The bad Yi's will keep swinging (doing nothing), and die. The good Yi's will run out of the fight partly, and try to come back in......and when they come back in, their timing and opportunity is usually gone.

Nice try but no, yi's alt makes him immune to exhaust or any other slows/blinds so yeah. I have seen a lvl 14 yi take on 2 lvl 18s and a 15 and kill them all, there is a lot of ballancing issues with this game but yi is above and beyond the rest in term of being overpowered. any champion that can have 400 atk at lvl 12, cant be blinded or slowed, with his alt is the fastest hero with the fastest atk speed in the game is broken.

kaodynamics

12-18-2009

Quote:
k2djspike:
Honestly I dont care if Yi gets nerfed or that Tryn got nerfed it doesnt bother me any. In the game IMHO the players that died 1v4 against Yi will die 1v4 againsth im even if he were to be nerfed. It's their lack of practice and experienced in the game that gets them killed. I never once complained about any character being OP even when stomp me to the ground. I've died against Yi's and Tryn's all the time but do i think they are OP? No... Do i know why they killed me? Yes, and then i correct what i did wrong and counter them. If he is too fed then its GG thats just how it is. I mean the OP said his Ryze died to Yi in a 1v1... that already says enough. A squishy caster going up against a carry dps 1v1 just sounds wrong in all aspects of the game. So let me ask you, any char that kills you numerous times needs a nerf? It doesnt matter if others can kill them effectively but if you cant then it needs a nerf?

learning to play the game? in this community? lolz. Maybe 1/5 players eventually stop sucking but beyond that err no. Big bottom pool with no reason to get better.

with all the physical carries my 22:3:15 teemo score is starting to become an average.

k2djspike

12-18-2009

Quote:
Ferratu:
Nice try but no, yi's alt makes him immune to exhaust or any other slows/blinds so yeah. I have seen a lvl 14 yi take on 2 lvl 18s and a 15 and kill them all, there is a lot of ballancing issues with this game but yi is above and beyond the rest in term of being overpowered. any champion that can have 400 atk at lvl 12, cant be blinded or slowed, with his alt is the fastest hero with the fastest atk speed in the game is broken.

Ok, how much health did the level 18s and 15 have? Did you guys run in one by one and he hit and run? I am sorry but i believe you are lying or are purposely leaving facts out. If you truly believe that is true then fight be 1v1 level 14 yi vs my lvl18 character. Instead of 2 level 18s and level 15 you get to fight only one level18. You should be able to destroy me right? No problem at all, so instead of all this talking lets create a game and prove to me at level 14 you can kill a level 18 head up. I mean you have your story and i have mine, so lets take it to the game and prove to me how OP he is.