Yi is overlypowerful

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta View Post
Yi is easy to shut down early, even to the point where you can completely ignore him in team fights. Allistar is probably the best counter to Yi. He can't highlander out of Allistar's CC and he can't cleanse it either. If he gets near your team just repeatedly knock him away. Blitzcrank is similar and if you pick Yi out of their team with a hook, chances are you just changed the game.
Exactly. this is what people should know. I purposefully avoid character like Allistar and Blitzcrank because they can stop me while my ult is in progress. I always beeline for squishes that have strayed from the group, then I take off. If people would come to realize Yi's strengths and weaknesses, they might be able to identify ways to beat him and stop complaining so much, and this applies to every hero getting complained about.

arizenkin

12-18-2009

Yi is a glass cannon. When you see him engage go for the stun and ownage. If you turn and run he will eat your whole team. Carrys are carrys for a reason, they are dangerous if killing them is not your priority. Yi isn't any more OP than the other top tier physical dps carries.

Bowsersaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2009

that and I just see twitch own more people than yi...

slow... poison... stealth... ranged...

you're pretty much forced to buy items to make him normal... i.e. oracle/wards

also a glass cannon, I will add, so not op

Arthas Menethil

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvywpnsguy View Post
Sure you can try it but will you kill Yi faster than he kills you? Yi kills you in 3 - 5 hits and that only takes a few seconds. You shroom will take longer than that to kill Yi. It's not that easy to kill Yi with shrooms. Heck, it's not easy to kill any other hero with shrooms.
Blinding Dart.

It lasts 4 seconds, nearly the entire length of his Highlander at low levels. And you'll want to be killing him early

bluelightningflik

12-18-2009

Yi is so OP that I've been in multiple games where people will quit if the opposing team has a Yi. If riot is really ignorant about it still, there's no point even trying. I cannot believe there was no attention put into this in the last patch. There is no chance Riot is still unaware of the issues at this point unless they really do ignore the community.

Just one example: Last game we went against a Yi who died twice at the start to jungle minions. He was that bad. Yet we went against him 4 vs 1 when he was lv 12 and low on health and we had an 18 and 17. And he managed to kill 2 of us and get out using nothing but the R button. How is this acceptable?

And any time where you guys suggest a strat that requires the whole team to do one thing against a single opposing player, that' the definition of OP, especially since that's not possible in MM. Realize that.

Arthas Menethil

12-18-2009

You need a Teemo...

Teemo really counters all carries.

Blinding Dart solves all worries

Worried he cleanses? Blow his cleanse out of the water with a stun first.

Doesn't take the entire team, in fact I have done this with just one CC (Evelynn).

Lure alone while eve stealths, Yi falls for it and alpha strikes me, eve strikes-stuns, he cleanses and tries to go for the kill, juke a bit and blinding dart, and then we proceeded to beat the stuffing out of him.

Note that if he doesn't cleanse out of stun, he's dead for sure, Teemo and Eve pull far too much dps, 3/4 of his health will be gone before he reaches me. Correct thing for him to do is to cleanse and run away, though, but most Yis are greedy. :P You can't change human nature.

Notice highlander isn't a factor here if Yi is greedy since he will not use it to escape

Wingflier

12-18-2009

First of all I think it's hilarious how based on chance this hero is when Riot says there game is all about not being based on chance like "DotA".

His passive is a 12% chance to double-strike which can also crit on each strike? Yeah, that's not game breaking.

His ult is like Lycanthrope from DotA except killing someone didn't refresh all your cooldowns and he couldn't "teleport" to a target without a blink dagger.

What a joke.

hvywpnsguy

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthas Menethil View Post
You need a Teemo...

Teemo really counters all carries.

Blinding Dart solves all worries

Worried he cleanses? Blow his cleanse out of the water with a stun first.

Doesn't take the entire team, in fact I have done this with just one CC (Evelynn).

Lure alone while eve stealths, Yi falls for it and alpha strikes me, eve strikes-stuns, he cleanses and tries to go for the kill, juke a bit and blinding dart, and then we proceeded to beat the stuffing out of him.

Note that if he doesn't cleanse out of stun, he's dead for sure, Teemo and Eve pull far too much dps, 3/4 of his health will be gone before he reaches me. Correct thing for him to do is to cleanse and run away, though, but most Yis are greedy. :P You can't change human nature.

Notice highlander isn't a factor here if Yi is greedy since he will not use it to escape

Yes that is exactly what people should do. But in pugs where people dont really communicate often without voice chat, that rarely happens. (Unless both players know exactly what they should be doing.) It saddens me to see a team very capable of defending Yi but fails to do so.

The problem is not the fact that lone players get killed by Yi--the problem is that a Yi player waits out the battle and charges in and rapes the entire team.

Yi kills faster than any other carries. That is why he is getting the attention. You guys say Twitch rapes better than Yi? I don't think so. The difference is that Yi can't be slowed. You can't use exhaust on Yi when he is on ultimate while you can do that on twitch and twitch will be shut down.

Xetal

12-18-2009

The change to Cleanse helped a little.

Exhaust really needs to be recoded so that immunity to one of the two effects (movement speed decrease and miss chance) does not provide immunity to the whole spell.

The third thing that will help is when they get a draft mode going for champion selection.

At the level I play at Yi can be a bit much if you don't have a Teemo or Rammus... but not to "godly" levels.

hvywpnsguy

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetal View Post
The change to Cleanse helped a little.

Exhaust really needs to be recoded so that immunity to one of the two effects (movement speed decrease and miss chance) does not provide immunity to the whole spell.

The third thing that will help is when they get a draft mode going for champion selection.

At the level I play at Yi can be a bit much if you don't have a Teemo or Rammus... but not to "godly" levels.
I second all of your points.