Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yi is overlypowerful

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthas Menethil

Recruiter

12-18-2009

1. Pick Teemo.
2. Blinding Dart Yi and run into shrooms
3. ????
4. Profit!

(P.S. try it for yourself - with similar items Yi will die first if he steps on one shroom)

AeonMax

12-18-2009

Quote:
hvywpnsguy:
I will list heroes with snares(stun or blind) and separate reliable heroes from unreliable ones to counter Yi with his ultimate on.

You forgot Rammus (taunt) and Shaco and Fiddle (fear). Also, several that you listed as unreliable are in fact very reliable.

hvywpnsguy

12-18-2009

Quote:
Arthas Menethil:
1. Pick Teemo.
2. Blinding Dart Yi and run into shrooms
3. ????
4. Profit!

(P.S. try it for yourself - with similar items Yi will die first if he steps on one shroom)

Sure you can try it but will you kill Yi faster than he kills you? Yi kills you in 3 - 5 hits and that only takes a few seconds. You shroom will take longer than that to kill Yi. It's not that easy to kill Yi with shrooms. Heck, it's not easy to kill any other hero with shrooms.

Quote:
AeonMax:
You forgot Rammus (taunt) and Shaco and Fiddle (fear). Also, several that you listed as unreliable are in fact very reliable.

Sure you can taunt Yi and save your teammate, but you will die first even with turtle shield on and stacked armors. Most good Yi players have full critical damage rune book. I myself have holy red and quintessence and i have extra 39% critical damage. Without Infinity Edge, I will do 500 damage per crit.

And yes, fear will work on Yi. However, shaco may be able to escape with deceive, but fiddle is so slow that Yi will eventually catch up to you. Heck, fiddle will go down faster than Teemo.

Also, please provide your reasoning why unrealiable ones are infact very much reliable.

Shealth

Recruiter

12-18-2009

Quote:
hvywpnsguy:
Sure you can taunt Yi and save your teammate, but you will die first even with turtle shield on and stacked armors. Most good Yi players have full critical damage rune book. I myself have holy red and quintessence and i have extra 39% critical damage. Without Infinity Edge, I will do 500 damage per crit.

And yes, fear will work on Yi. However, shaco may be able to escape with deceive, but fiddle is so slow that Yi will eventually catch up to you. Heck, fiddle will go down faster than Teemo.

Also, please provide your reasoning why unrealiable ones are infact very much reliable.

Not really, yi's that go full atk will only have about 2k hp, tank rammus's should have 3k+ with over 300 armor when they are using the shield. Your 500 crits become 125 crits and you will be taking 50ish return damage from the shield. Add in the ultimate and possibly the return damage armor, and you die fast.

Shealth

Recruiter

12-18-2009

and you forgot cho'gath, singed, malphite and warwick

sultanbacon

12-18-2009

The 5 Yis I've seen since the patch have been 0-12, 1-8, 0-5, 0-4 and 0-7 (four of them on my team, yayyy). Where do these other Yis hang out?

AeonMax

12-18-2009

Quote:
hvywpnsguy:
However, shaco may be able to escape with deceive, but fiddle is so slow that Yi will eventually catch up to you. Heck, fiddle will go down faster than Teemo.

I think I've spotted the problem... You seem to expect to be able to win/escape/survive when running into Yi 1v1. That generally won't work versus just about any DPS champion.

The game wouldn't do much to promote team play if every champion was evenly matched with every other champion.

Rezialn

12-18-2009

People need to stop complaining so much. Yi is a carry. He is a DPS. He is expected to make kills, lots and lots of them. A good Yi can destroy your whole team if your whole team sucks, but WILL get shut down against a good team. I play Yi almost every game so I know this for a fact. My last game had a really good team, and instead of 20-2, I got...12-8, ish. I died a lot more, made a lot fewer kills. They were smart enough to focus on me. The only reason we won is because I used my usual strategy to get myself to 18 while everyone was still at 12, and I got fed.

AtIanta

12-18-2009

Yi is easy to shut down early, even to the point where you can completely ignore him in team fights. Allistar is probably the best counter to Yi. He can't highlander out of Allistar's CC and he can't cleanse it either. If he gets near your team just repeatedly knock him away. Blitzcrank is similar and if you pick Yi out of their team with a hook, chances are you just changed the game.

gunsharp

12-18-2009

As many people have said, don't feed Yi and he is really not that strong unless the game drags on. At level 18 with Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, and all the other items, he can own you. That's why you don't run in with 1 or 2 squishy characters to try to kill him because he will highlander again and again.