Yi is overlypowerful

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Palette Town

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
You focus Yi down first. You always kill their biggest damage dealer first. If Yi waits to come in then you hold onto your stun, kick the **** out of them 5v4 until he comes in then you stun and focus him.
sure, that's yi is their only source of damage.

realistically their team is going to have cc and your team will have cc. just have to make sure that the right ccs hit yi, but that's the problem.

it's not like you're fighting against bots. how can you coordinate your movements when you have to deal with 4 people and a yi that 2 shots anything that moves?

a smart player wouldn't lead the charge into a fight if they were playing a squishy.

Shillen

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palette Town View Post
sure, that's yi is their only source of damage.

realistically their team is going to have cc and your team will have cc. just have to make sure that the right ccs hit yi, but that's the problem.

it's not like you're fighting against bots. how can you coordinate your movements when you have to deal with 4 people and a yi that 2 shots anything that moves?

a smart player wouldn't lead the charge into a fight if they were playing a squishy.
Did you completely miss what I said? You hold onto your stun. You don't need it to fight them 5v4. Yi will come in at the end if he's smart but if you held your stun and your team is organized he can't do ****.

DeathGate

12-17-2009

XDDD yi can die with 3 hits to, i play with temo, i only need to blind him and he dies in 2 - 3 seconds

Shiyuka

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher19 View Post
Yi was taking out my whole team by himself all of us level 18. I am a lvl 20 in the game and it was bull****. I had a lvl 18 ryze with 350+ ability power and 2000 health and Yi was 2 shotting me and my entire team and I couldnt' even kill him with desperate power on using run prison and using spell flux with just me and him 1 on 1 and then overload where overload was doing 600. In that time he would get out of prison and kill me in 2 shots before I could kill him and took on my whole team of 18's by himself and killed us all. WTF. Yi is to powerful they need to change his passive and lower his health because he had 324 damage per attack plus an attack speed of 1.978 per second. There is no way that 1 champion should be able to take down an entire capable team. The only time I ever died the whole game was at his hand and its ****. They need to cap him some how. What does anyone think?
Hey u liar, watch ur mouth or ill slap it
I know this guy, he and his team play with me 1 game yesterday.Ive seen many losers blame their team and enemy champion after they lose. Its ridiculous that his team win and idk how he can go there and said "Yi overpower". If hes right, how can i and my team lose?
I could kill all of his partner and win if i have that power. U can check my profile if u dont believe me.Yesterday was my bad day with no win
As u know, there r ton of champions that r stronger than Yi. Yi is not strong if u build him wrong. Yi is strong because his teams strong or his enemies feed him frenzy.So i just see few guy can kill 3 ppl in 5v5.And if Yi is too strong, why all ppl dont choose him?
For liar: have u ever play yi before? If u didnt, dont say a word about him.U and ur team r lucky because i tried new build. Next time dont let me see u or ill put ur words into ur mouth.

Aeolis

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepigkung View Post
Yi is too strong, how can he alone take all 5 heroes WTF
Zzz, its not the hero, its the skill of the player + items mostly. Most farmed out players would rape face.

Hell, I joined a practice game last night for kicks with Amumu, got 5 kills right off the bat on Nidalee and Silvr in bottom lane vs me and Janna. It gave me enough levels and items to dominate the rest of the game. There was a moment when I was level 18 vs their team of 10s, I went into all 5 of them with 3 sunfire capes along with warmogs and destroyed all 5 in seconds. By myself.

Does that make Amumu OP?

No.

hvywpnsguy

12-18-2009

I am level 30 in game and I see how some people say Yi is overpowered while others defend saying that you need to stun/blind Yi and he will go down in 3 seconds. Organized team like in a tournament may be able to counter Yi but in pugs its almost impossible to stop Yi from annihilating the entire team with stuns, snares, and blinds. Around higher level based players, the guy who plays Yi is usually smart to wait out the battle until the opposing team exhausts most of their resources. It is indeed very hard to be prepared for Yi when the other team is already using all of their resources to destroy your team. Also when you play in pugs you dont get to have alot of characters with snares.

I will list heroes with snares(stun or blind) and separate reliable heroes from unreliable ones to counter Yi with his ultimate on.
(Yi cannot be slowed.)

Reliable:
Alistar
Amumu
Blitz
Morgana
Ryze
Sion
Taric
Teemo
Veigar

Unreliable:
Anivia - you most likely will miss the ice ball
Annie - you have to cast a few spells first
Ashe - in close range, stun length is too short. Also it may be on cooldown.
Evelyn - In a team fight, you have probably revealed yourself. you have to cloak again to use stun.
Heimerdinger - same reason as anivia
Janna - Yi can still catch up to you after the lift.
Jax - you have to be hit to use it
Twisted Fate - you cant use gold card right away as soon as you see Yi. you have to wait a few seconds to get the gold card.
Udyr - 1 second stun is not long enough. you will most likely die from trying.

As you can see, there isn't alot of heroes that can counter Yi. You would have to have at least three of the reliable ones to stop Yi's 12 second ultimate. Even if you did, If Yi ever manages to get a kill out of your group, he just activates his ultimate again and chase after you. That can last as long as about 20-30 seconds I think. How many stuns do you have in that period with five stunners? most stuns have average cooldowns of about 6 seconds, so thats about 3-5 stuns for Yi. AND most Yi players carry cleanse with them, so that makes 2-4 stuns. That makes the total duration of 2-4 stuns about 6-12 seconds. I say that is not enough. Yi's ultimate chain lasting much longer than 2 to 4 spells of entire team.

So yea I wouldn't say Yi is definitely overpowered, but he is stronger than average.

Ressa

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvywpnsguy View Post
Anivia - you most likely will miss the ice ball.
I do not miss.

Also if you hear Yi ult then just ice wall him off his target. Can't cleanse out of this, motherfuacker

Razerwind

12-18-2009

Yi was considered a joke two weeks ago. Now there's so many calling him OP. He is god awful if he isn't fed early game, and if he dies early game his usefulness plummets until he can get a phantom dancer or infinity edge late game.

If I had to guess, what's going on is Yi is waiting around for the battle to start, it starts, everyone blows their CDs, then Yi comes in and roflcopters the whole team, renewing wuju and highlander with every kill.

hvywpnsguy

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razerwind View Post
Yi was considered a joke two weeks ago. Now there's so many calling him OP. He is god awful if he isn't fed early game, and if he dies early game his usefulness plummets until he can get a phantom dancer or infinity edge late game.

If I had to guess, what's going on is Yi is waiting around for the battle to start, it starts, everyone blows their CDs, then Yi comes in and roflcopters the whole team, renewing wuju and highlander with every kill.

Yes that is exactly what is happening. I could care less about Yi before, given that hes so squishy. But in recent matches, Yi has been dominating almost every single game.

AeonMax

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher19 View Post
Yi was taking out my whole team by himself all of us level 18.
I play a lot of Yi on an alternate account. He is easy to play, and will dominate most 1v1 encounters mid through late game. I've killed entire teams with him as well, provided they came at me one or two at a time. He is also outrageously good at taking down towers and inhibitors.

He is squishy though, and the new Cleanse brings back some vulnerability. When I do poorly with Yi, it's because the other team has been good at keeping my farming down (Yi is nothing without items), and moves around the map in groups of two or more so there are no easy kills.

BTW, all this is mostly true for the other DPS-centric champs as well.

1234567 ... 13