Yi is overlypowerful

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The SHP

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ressa View Post
I do not miss.

Also if you hear Yi ult then just ice wall him off his target. Can't cleanse out of this, motherfuacker
you may not be able to cleanse it, but you can ghost through it

(not that yi usually takes ghost)

Ferratu

01-05-2010

*Bump*

Just played a game against yi, took him on in mid, destroyed his turret, made him run like 3 times, then killed him twice, he came back and went 30-4 with 9 turret destructions (at the time we surrendered) . . . that is the definition of op . . . open your ****ing eyes and realize this riot, I'm tired of knowing who will win the game just based on which team has a yi . . . its ****ing ridiculous!

No champion should be able to take on an entire team at a turret, kill them all, then kill the turret before even taking 50% damage

DragonArmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

The patch notes suggest that his initial attack speed will be increased so that you won't own him early game and his end game attack speed will be much less.

kthnxbai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-05-2010

all these people *****ing about yi have not seen a well played twitch.

i would also recommend not playing mundo/tristana/warrick/ryze and you might have some better luck. yi does one thing well: destroy teams that have ****ty champs

LixZerk

01-05-2010

what u all are saying are not the problems or solutinos ! the only thing that makes yi overpowerd is his ultimate because it gives him to much even CLENSE witch i think should be removed from his ulti i can understand all the perks but the CLENSE IS OUTRAGEOUS !!!! cant give exaust cant give anithing in his ulti except stun and not all of the caracters are stuners or blinders !

psikoticsilver

01-05-2010

What they might want to consider is a cap on attack speed or stacking similar items...

so obnoxious to face a yi stacking Phantom Dancers

Dracorya

01-05-2010

You're still crying about cleanse? Did you even FACE a Yi using the pre-nerfed cleanse? Then you'd realize there is no reason for you to rage so hard.

As someone stated earlier, Yi's highlander is being changed to make it better early game, but less effective late game. And the bug associated with exhaust is being looked at as well.

bobthegood

01-05-2010

High AP Viegar > Yi whose cleanse is on cd

I wait for yi to pop his cleanse on some other CC and then follow up with Viegar's combo. Burst dmg is the way to go when dealing with carries. Heck, most twitch players stand perfectly still when they spray and pray so a dark matter makes for a dead rat.

Carries like Yi are not OP. 4 players supporting and feeding their carry makes the game. Our group plays a 5 man AoE wonder team consisting of Amumu, Malphite, Nunu, Viegar, and Twitch. 3 aoe stuns while nunu's blast goes off and twitch sprays and prays. Twitch may get all the kills with the poison stacking after their team is worn down, but that doesn't make him OP. We played a game against a 5 carry team consisting of Yi, Twitch, Ashe, and two other popular but squishy carries. Needless to say, it was an utter stomp. A team with decent CC forces carries to have to sit back and let the team absorb them before they get their moment to shine.

If the enemy can land 2 stuns on Twitch or my Viegar then we'll usually drop, but we both have the sense to hang back and wait for cool downs to be blown.

rEv3

01-05-2010

What's wrong with you people? Yi is horrible. Executioner's Calling. Dead Yi. With any character.

There must have been 3-4 posts saying that he's a glass cannon.. let him get a kill with highlander, it doesn't matter because he isn't going to regen.

I've gone toe-to-toe against Yi running his Highlander and killed him with Zilean using Executioner's Calling... and I didn't even need my ult.

Ferratu

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthegood View Post
High AP Viegar > Yi whose cleanse is on cd
Carries like Yi are not OP. 4 players supporting and feeding their carry makes the game. Our group plays a 5 man AoE wonder team consisting of Amumu, Malphite, Nunu, Viegar, and Twitch. 3 aoe stuns while nunu's blast goes off and twitch sprays and prays. Twitch may get all the kills with the poison stacking after their team is worn down, but that doesn't make him OP. We played a game against a 5 carry team consisting of Yi, Twitch, Ashe, and two other popular but squishy carries. Needless to say, it was an utter stomp. A team with decent CC forces carries to have to sit back and let the team absorb them before they get their moment to shine.

If the enemy can land 2 stuns on Twitch or my Viegar then we'll usually drop, but we both have the sense to hang back and wait for cool downs to be blown.
First off . . . I'm not talking about a team working together to make yi great I'm talking about yi SOLO killing the entire enemy team and SOLO destroying all of the turrets. At least with twitch he needs to be in a gang for his ult to be most effective.

Oh and hanging back to wait for yi to blow his cooldown?? Horse ****, he refreshes his cooldowns everytime he kills someone and his 550+ movement speed AND his alpha strike make it almost impossible for most champions to even get away from him.

I'm not saying he is impossible to counter, I'm not saying he is impossible to fight against but he is so far outside of the range of OP of any other champion in the game its disgusting . . .