Is there something wrong with Brolaf? or is it My computer?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Holy Bacon

12-02-2010

I was very intrigued by the Brolaf skin when I first heard about it. It interested me, so yesterday, the day it came out, I purchased it. I was all in all very pleased with the work on the skin, the different Axe, jokes, taunts, and walk-around sayings. I though was very surprised whenever I would activate an ability, I would hear the regular Olaf sounds versus the new ones. I was not even aware that there were new sounds on each ability and auto attack, (Besides his ult and auto-attacks that I saw in the Brolaf, the King of Bromacia video Riot posted). I was only alerted when I played with this skin with my friends and they said that this skin was "Freakin' awesome and I love the ability sounds!". One of the main reasons I purchased this skin was for him to scream "BROMACCCIIAAA!!!" Whenever he used his ultimate.

Now onto potential reasons this could have happened

1) I could have somehow changed the implemented sound files that installs with LoL.

-This is impossible because I do not even have the right programs to even READ the sound file format that is in the game.

2) My Computer could have installed the patch incorrectly.

-This actually could have happened, BUT I have two computers that I play this game on, I first patched the game for this patch and bought and played the skin on my "Crappy" computer first. I said to myself, "Ok. I will just download the patch on my nice computer and play from there, hoping I would get the sounds. No luck (My good, nice computer has never had a problem downloading or uploading a single patch incorrectly, however my "crappy" one has).

3) I could have changed the "Voice Settings"

-This is also impossible as I went in a game and turned the Voice Settings all the way up in hopes of maybe a glitch.

Now, I have attempted everything in trying to fix this problem myself from changing volume settings to reinstalling the game itself on both computers. I have Thus to what I believe come to the conclusion that I is not My Computers but a glitch or bug in the Brolaf skin.

Please attempt to try and fix this skin and comment with your feedback to help me with this problem. Thank you, your time is appreciated.

Scrotez

12-02-2010

Looks like an internal problem.

PROBLEM.

Bump for help.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

12-03-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey time2pwn,

This is a very troubling problem. Since you have some of his unique VO the audio is updating properly, so It sounds like the code for his spells isn't updating on your computer for some reason, but I'm not sure how that's possible. Have you purchased any other legendary skins like Corporate Mundo or Dandy Cho'Gath? Or have you seen anybody else playing them and heard their unique spell sounds? Also, when you see someone else playing Brolaf do you hear the unique spell sounds?

We'll do our best to get to the bottom of this, but we'll need as much info from you as possible.

Thanks!

The Holy Bacon

12-03-2010

Yes, I have played against the "Dandy" Gentlemen Cho' Gath a few times and indeed have heard his phrases when his abilities are used. Such as, "Up you go!" and "QUIEETT" but I myself have not purchased any other legendary skins except for Firefighter Tristana but unfortunately there are no sound effects for abilities on her. I have not seen another Brolaf yet, but I have a small update on the issue. I told some of my friends about this issue and told them to tell me what they hear when I activate the abilities. One of them said they heard no difference and heard the Classic Olaf sounds. The Other friend said he could hear the new sounds. We didn't believe him at first, we thought he might just mistakingly heard something "new" in the original sounds, but he claims that it was DISTINCTLY different. So I have no idea in how these files update correctly on some computers but not others. Thank you so much for helping me!

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

12-08-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Just to make sure we are on the same page, the sound of his spells should not be different, but his VO when he casts the spells should be. When you use his ult the SFX should be the same, but he should yell 'Bromacia' instead of 'Demacia,' and when he throws his axe he should yell 'chug.' The actual sound of the axe flying through the air and hitting the ground should be the same.

I'm not sure how this could be happening, but I'll pass on the info to our QA team and see if they can reproduce it.

Thanks!