Optimizing Amumu as a tank in competitive plays

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eat dat chammich

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
So much misinformation in this thread. Firstly, there is no synergy between sunfire capes and despair. People saying this clearly misunderstand the meaning of the word. Getting sunfire capes doesn't increase the damage despair does, and despair doesn't increase sunfire cape damage.
Sunfire Capes do have synergy with Amumu's passive. After auto attacking a low MR champ/minion your capes can do upwards of 55 damage per second instead of the listed 40. Adding an Abyssal Scepter to 2-3 Sunfires and Despair is pretty absurd.

I have a good record and over 100 games played on Amumu and I always get at least one Sunfire. Since the reduction in cost I find it an efficient way to get HP, Armor and quick farming capability (the extra gold you get is pretty significant in my experience). Since the patch that buffed Despair, I have found that 1 Sunfire is plenty to make you capable of clearing grouped up minions and jungle mobs quickly. I will get a second cape if they have a couple of strong carries but willl move quickly to a Rylai's if not (I usually queue with an Anivia so the synergy is unbeatable).

Prebuff Amumu was dependent on Sunfires to farm. Post buff Amumu works well with 1 or 2 but doesn't really need them like he used to. In fact if you grab a Chalice, then your skills are more that spammable enough to farm quite well.

WatchOutFOOOL

06-17-2010

i am not 100% on this, but in response to zastrozzi, i dont think u can get past 40% cooldowns. i could be wrong though

nested

07-30-2010

gess, steal my build :P, cept i start wit that mana regen item part of chalice and 1 health and mana pot, then build chalice asap( bout 500 extra, not much), then boots and then the firecapes

Joeface

07-30-2010

I like despair a lot, it helps out a lot in early teamfights, so i get bandage, 2x tantrum, then max despair.

Razsac

12-19-2010

you should know that now the sunfire capes`s abilities are not stackable. what I do is that I get warmog`s armor instead of the second sunfire cape. in the rest I kind of followed the guide.