Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DspartaN026

12-17-2010

How do you play her and is she any good in teamfights?

biomorph

12-17-2010

You really want mid or solo lane. Do not presume to rape your opponent. What sivir IS and what she IS good at is pushing lanes/towers and farm.
You can control a lane very well by clearing incoming creep waves extremely fast. By clearing waves faster than your opponent you farm more gold since he will be competing with tower for last hits. Especially early game you should never move past middle. Clear waves and stay put. Do not actively attempt to harass your opponent since your boomerang is easy to predict however by all means respond to harasses with boomerang and try to mask a shot every now and then but your priority is to clear waves. Absorbing whatever they throw at you with spell shield and retaliate with boomerang often leads to them retreating with having taking more damage than you. Do NOT pursue carelessly. Just stick to farming creeps and get your gear and get it fast.
Tossing a boomerang while running away can often leads to either them getting a huge blow, possibly kill them, or cause them to abort chase.
Farmed up she can be a beast but you should generally not expect to totally own anyone one on one. Play carefully and remember that your primary role is to push.

The faster you can gear up to push lanes the better. You will be pushing towers before most enemies are geared up and that can give your team a very serious advantage.

As for team fights you are allowed to attack tank IF he is the closest one. That way you can stand at a safe distance and let your ricochet and boomerang deal serious AE damage. Your ulti is VERY handy in group fights so it is key that you stay alive. Another thing that really separates good and bad sivir players is their ability to utilize spells shield. Absorbing an many CC spells as you can is key and also you can stand between an ally and say morgana and absorb her dark binding etc.

There are various builds but with Manamune, Zerkers and Starks is basically what you need (the build I use and rush bloodthirster and/or defensive items after) 0/21/9 masteries which will work wonders for you especially early game. ArPen marks and quints to boost damage and MP/5/lvl seals and glyphs so you can spam boomerangs and ricochet all day long mid to late game.

From the top of my head.

FaerellG

12-17-2010

Biomorph has a good gist of it.

I try to solo-mid as sivir. If I don't think I can get it, I'll pick another champion.

Zerkers are good, but I usually try to get merc treads.

Point for point, Sivir does the most damage out of any champion in team fights because she's able to hit the entire enemy team at once with Ricochet. Just always stay at max range and target the nearest enemy...even if it's a minion, the ricochets will bounce and hurt...even kill enemy champions.

Always level Boomerang Blade before your other non-Ultimate abilities.
My typical ability scheme is:
BB->SS->BB->Rico->BB->Ult->BB->Rico
From there it's Ult>BB>SS>Rico

Ricochet is great, but with only 6 minions in a wave and your BB being powerful enough to kill caster minions with the forward and back, you really don't need ricochet to clear the wave faster. A lowered cooldown on spell shield is more important as it prevents damage/stuns and helps regenerate mana.

A proper use of spell shield and good mana regen runes will allow you to sustain your mana very easily in the early game.

Sky Avenger

12-17-2010

read biomorph's tip, really couldnt agree more.

if you can solo a lane, outlevel people and have a lot of creep kills without dying too much, you should be helping your team alot mid / late game

DspartaN026

12-18-2010

Kk Thanks guys

Genomax

12-19-2010

One last thing, if both teams are just hanging out waiting for a chance to pick someone off, throw those boomerang blades. They hurt, and really help soften up the enemy team before the teamfight actually begins.