Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

udyr is amazing now. Awesome job riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charmicarmicarmicat

12-18-2009

I'm not an experienced udyr at all, he's fun for the first few times but then he gets old fast. There are no skillshots evolved around him, it's just mashing a button at the right time.

So i wouldn't say that my opinion holds any more validity than his does, but he needs to argue for it.

Krald

12-18-2009

Quote:
AFKush:
Lol Charm's opinion > yours Krald. His level of play is a lot higher than yours. In the end they didnt address the terribleness of tiger until you are stacked with items. Turtle is the same as it always was, basically a version of Spell Shield without getting any mana back, only useful for a hit or 2. Not entirely useful in coordinated team fights where focus will burst it down fast enough that you are better off staying in another stance for your offensive capabilities. Phoenix has always been a great farmin tool, no comment there. Regardless, posting a screenie of going 12-2 show absolutely nothing. It doesn't show skill, it simply shows that you stomped some baddies. Look at the creep scores of the other team. 85 the highest and 28 the lowest...yeah. You just stomped baddies, not really a display of skill. The only testiment that screen shot shows, is that you actually started a game with Udyr without people leaving in Champ Select.

What can I say? You are the type of person who made me skeptical about even doing a post in the first place.

I'm not even going to bother giving counter-arguements to your points about turtle and such, as I have already discussed those in depth.
First of all, I said that I went 12-2 games wise, not score wise.Look at my profile if you want the proof, and look at the scores in those. Many of those games WERE against top 500 players, as I was queueing with top 500 players on my team.

And I can't believe I actually have to say this, but I'm NOT trying to show off any kind of skill, as MegaZero has said before, you should NOT need a freaking number to know if your good or not, you know if your good. Just being honest, I know so many top 500 players that are simply unimpressive. I also know many people that I play with consistently that are incredible, but don't play enough to rize up their ratings like crazy. The whole purpose of this post was to show that udyr is viable, and has been fixed, you just have to know how to build him. This was to help people out who are having trouble doing well. If you, (you being in general) want to take it offensively(which is ridiculous) and be ignorant for no reason, I'm sorry.

Krald

12-18-2009

Quote:
MegaZero:
Considering he used to play with me, I doubt his Elo is sub-par.

<3 Mega

BentoBento

12-19-2009

:O nice nice another udyr player besides myself. Though i prefer going ninja tabi when i do defensive masteries. Not a big fan of the stinger. Depends on farming I do chalice/malady with a sheen in between. Having that extra magic res + mana regen helps quite a bit with stance switching. But as everyone says. I'd love to see him in a higher level of play where more serious players are involved.

Kingreaper

12-20-2009

Quote:
Kahrumar:
I'm sure you have a very high ELO with an under 50% win ratio and Udyr is perfectly viable. I really do believe that.

Even if he were ****, and playing **** people:
That still means Udyr is worthwhile.

Not every hero has to be viable at top-tier. And given as you're probably far enough down from that to never even be matched with top tier, get off your bloody high horse.

Voidward

12-20-2009

Another viable Udyr build. Catalyst-tabi-sheen-nashor's-locket-lichbane. Guinsoo's and phantom dancer are somewhat optional/interchangeable. I have 15% cooldown from runes/masteries so nashor's brings me to the cap.

Before I get flamed like Krald I'm L26, 117-99, solo queue, and I know I'm not top tier but that doesn't mean I play against complete idiots. The hero is perfectly viable, and seems quite good for bringing down carries. In team fights I've bear dashed past a lot of tanks straight for a banshee's veil wearing squishy that went down in seconds, then another, then another. By the time you're at the tanks with 1/4 health left the regen from your locket and turtle stance smacking every other stance can be enough to bring down the rest without dying.

LORDMERLIN69

12-21-2009

void, your first few items have no haste at all. how do you farm or kill anything?

i think udyr performs a lot better getting haste immediately... i go malady first, then zerker treads, then phage, then full triforce.

stancewise, i go

turtle
phoenix
turtle
phoenix
turtle
phoenix

then max out bear/phoenix and then 5/5 tiger

only 3 turtle levels.

that build allows you to own before you're level 10 and it gets you the haste you need for high dps much faster than getting items like locket. i think that haste udyr is a lot better than AP udyr.

TheRaven

Recruiter

12-21-2009

i usually do bear first, then turtle, bear/turtle interchangable after that depending on how we are doing in lane, tiger by 4/5 if we are pushing the hard and winning for tower take down. phoenix isnt bad ofcourse, but its more for creep kills and id rather be more viable to my team in terms of teamfights/ganking/saving or whatnot.

cspalak

12-22-2009

I have a decent amount of success going tiger/bear with spare points in turtle. I usually do the following:

Get just out of visible range or bushes for ganking and use tiger for the active. Go to bear stance, and hit ghost if its up to charge in. Stun + Tiger active hit at the same time, and typically tiger is off cd by this time so I swap into tiger and hit them again with the active. Pulling off two tigers before someone moves is a decent amount of damage. At this point you can typically bear again catch up to stun and then just swap out tiger and bear. I normally go tabi, sheen, bloodrazor, tri-force.