udyr is amazing now. Awesome job riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charmicarmicarmicat

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacologist View Post
My main problem with Udyr is that his early game is still awful.

Once you start getting massive synergy going with rapid stance changing, cooldown and attackspeed, he is capable of respectable dps while having a pretty good stun.

But before you get those items.... at best he can resist minor lane harass in turtle while otherwise being pretty useless.
Step 1: Attack speed runes
Step 2: Go jungle
Step 3: earn a sheen and a pair of boots, shouldnt take longer than lvl 7.

Krald

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacologist View Post
My main problem with Udyr is that his early game is still awful.

Once you start getting massive synergy going with rapid stance changing, cooldown and attackspeed, he is capable of respectable dps while having a pretty good stun.

But before you get those items.... at best he can resist minor lane harass in turtle while otherwise being pretty useless.

actually bear form is one of the best skills in the game for early team fighting now. Just with me using bear form to initiate the first stun, we got 4 kills at lvl 1 after a team tried to dragon..

Krald

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
After stomping 3 games against noobs, im not convinced.

Turtle seems too weak lategame(but good for jungling) as it cracks really fast under focus fire. Bear hardly improves with level (but is still a good ability) and tiger leave something to be desired. Phoenix is the only ability im impressed with.

I almost never used tiger, because there simply wasn't enough time - hunting with bear and phoenix seemed more viable (even if the 5 seconds cooldown on the stun was still ticking) rather than mediocre damage burst (it really is mediocre at best) and the animation makes it harder to chase. The only use i found for it was against empty towers, since it's attackspeed is the only stance helping here. Phoenix was superior when creeps were surrounding it. Turtle isn't good because it takes a ridiculous amount of damage once, its amazing because it takes a small amount of damage many, many times in a fight. I can't tell you how many times I've survived off of 10% health because of switching to turtle at the right moment to finish someone off/wait for a teammate to help.

Also, why did they remove tower leech from turtle?

All in all, two of his stances are good but neither scales well, the other two are situational or just plain bad.
Not only are you absolutely incorrect, but your post made it obvious that you have no idae how to use/build him. The fact is, Udyr is only good if your able to constantly stance dance between all of your stances (except for tiger until late game). This means turtling at the exact moment you see a nuke, always switching to phoenix for the aoe/few hits of burst, and always switching to bear when chasing for iniation, even when you already have them with you.

Basically, look at my profile, the wins/ratios don't lie, and I've faced some good people in those games, specifically the win at the top of my profile.

Krald

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
Step 1: Attack speed runes
Step 2: Go jungle
Step 3: earn a sheen and a pair of boots, shouldnt take longer than lvl 7.
Sheen is simply underwhelming bro, you have to build him for reaching attack speed cap and cooldown reduction asap. Aka, berserk treads+stinger is your combo for early game. Once you have that, gaining runes is a breeze, and ganking is crazy mode.

Twisted

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decae View Post
how u nos
Mega knows all

Hubbz

12-18-2009

I can't remember who I was playing but Udyr was AWESOME in our game. I kept chanting BEAR NINJA AIRPLANE MAN.

Charmicarmicarmicat

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krald View Post
This means turtling at the exact moment you see a nuke, always switching to phoenix for the aoe/few hits of burst, and always switching to bear when chasing for iniation, even when you already have them with you.
How is this vastly different from what i just said?

We both agree that tiger is only good lategame, that turtle is mostly for sucking up a nuke, max two, and phoenix and bear is where the fun is it.

Also, you are not top 500, who are these people you are playing.

AFKray

12-18-2009

Lol Charm's opinion > yours Krald. His level of play is a lot higher than yours. In the end they didnt address the terribleness of tiger until you are stacked with items. Turtle is the same as it always was, basically a version of Spell Shield without getting any mana back, only useful for a hit or 2. Not entirely useful in coordinated team fights where focus will burst it down fast enough that you are better off staying in another stance for your offensive capabilities. Phoenix has always been a great farmin tool, no comment there. Regardless, posting a screenie of going 12-2 show absolutely nothing. It doesn't show skill, it simply shows that you stomped some baddies. Look at the creep scores of the other team. 85 the highest and 28 the lowest...yeah. You just stomped baddies, not really a display of skill. The only testiment that screen shot shows, is that you actually started a game with Udyr without people leaving in Champ Select.

CaoMan

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaZero View Post
His Elo isn't too bad.

his elo is most deffinitely low enough for this to happen, but i agree, its not terrible

MegaZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaoMan View Post
his elo is most deffinitely low enough for this to happen, but i agree, its not terrible
Considering he used to play with me, I doubt his Elo is sub-par.