Let's Talk About: Trundle Item Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BRUTALlTY

12-02-2010

He doesn't bring much to a lane? You're crazy. First few levels his autoattack+q combo does crazy dmg at lvl 1 rivaling garen e for harrass. He has a similar passive to garen which allows him to stay in lane a lot. Just be really aggressive, I've even won out mid vs ashe, malhazar, you name it. Just pick your spots to harrass between minion waves, don't lunge at them with a full minion wave. I start with a sapphire crystal and 2 hp pots. Doubling my mana lets me stay in lane and farm until 1850 gold when I can go b and grab innervating locket at which point nothing pushes me out of lane.

AngerAlone

12-02-2010

I feel like you shouldn't build him tanky, because in teamfights, you just use his ult on a tank, and all of a sudden you have more defense than other similar Melee DPS champs.

I really feel like he should be built with AD AS and Crit as the focus, because his ult provides a lot of survivability. What I've been doing is running a mallet/PD base, although Im probably going to end up skipping mallet and get a ghostblade to start.

I'm thinking

Ghostblade
PD
Mallet

Then some heavy AD items.

I've found that you can get away with lvl 1 boots for a while because of his W, so you can get your core items that much faster.

Also, I like him in lane so much better than in the jungle, because his passive is negligible when you're only killing 3 creeps per camp. That amounts to 6% of your health each camp, which obviously isn't enough to sustain jingling for long. In lane however, each wave of creeps heals you for 12%, so unless you are getting harrassed really bad, you should be at full, all the time.

AngerAlone

12-02-2010

Holy double post, Batman!

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2010

Trinity/sheen procs off Q like ezrial you get the effect on the Q hit, I only got 2 games in as him last night and the first was horrible solo que team vs a arranged of taric/chogath/leblanc/ etc all disables with a ww and twitch and my score was horrible due to constant kill steals, BUT I hit like a truck.

Laned with sheen, manamune before I had that, wasn't too great but once I had both I smashed squishies in 3-5 melee hits.

You need to keep in mind his passive with your builds, when a minnion dies nearby you get 2% hp return, up to 6% of total hp healed at 18. You don't even have to kill them yourself. I'm on my blackberry so I don't know the name, but it's a hp/mp regen attack item that causes your attacks to splash nearby units it would be adecent item. so that in lanefights a minion kill from splash while fighting a champion would give you a small heal midfight.

To maximize that effect, for jungle and for general fighting is to increase your max hp, and splash killing, I used sunfire cape and frozen mallet, and it helped a lot along with his ult on a enemy tank, yiu can get pretty tough temporarily.

Just a few thoughts to consider with your builds

EDIT I didn't read passive tooltip was going off of what he said its 2-6% of units health not yours, but the build still helps and possibly counts on player death but I'm not sure on that.

Boomstar

12-02-2010

Sheen seems to work with the Q unless im imagining it.

I'm liking laning better then jungle it seems like most other jungle champs are better suited for it.

Been having the most success with trin force and aegis for core items and merc treads for boots ofc. Ill give hexdrinker a try next game I think.

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2010

And if you want to see him own, lane with a good mundo (in that game I was mundo) who.can constantly land cleaver( or someone else with a slow or high burst damage that would benifit from your slow), my buddy playing sheen/manamune trundle and I together had 14 kills in first 15 minutes of match 4v2 several times. They had no chance, between cleaver and pillar slows, mundo was very happy! Mundo went where he pleases!