Let's Talk About: Trundle Item Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bumbah

12-02-2010

From playing with my friend last night, I'd definitely say that if you build him too tanky, you won't have enough dps to win any ganks. I agree, he's def a jungle champ. AD all the way with tank runes seems like a good set-up to start from

Hannor

12-02-2010

i thought bloodrazor was better than wriggles on him, but I was wrong

I take armor pen marks, dodge or flat armor seals, mr/lvl glyphs, and flat health quints

build a basic jungle mastery (down to meditate and buff duration extension in utility, then down the rest in defense)

wriggles>frozen mallet>atma's and always merc treads.

build a couple situational items. Black Cleaver or Last whisper for tanky types, Randuins or banshee's for more survivability, Youmous is good for killing squishies faster.

You are very hard to kill with the core build+runes+masteris (3k health+150 Ar+ 100 Mr at lvl 18) and your attack is about 200. The frozen mallet is pretty much a must, since his chase can be a mixed bag. Throwing r down on the guy with the most armor and mr takes you to tank levels of survivability for 6 seconds, which is plenty of time to win the teamfight.

EDIT; total cost on the core is like 8300 gold. Pretty dang cheap tbh.

AhhShucks

12-02-2010

I've been liking a build with:

Wriggle's lantern
Merc Treads
Frozen Mallet
Atma's Impaler
Hexdrinker

You wind up decently tanky, especially after you ult their tank at the start of a team fight, and doing easily enough damage to make any squshies life hell.

I've found attack speed to be rather unnecessary on him with his W spell, so focus on armor/MR/damage to be appropriate.

sleepnaught

12-02-2010

Game I just played I jungled and went Bloodrazor -> phage -> zeal -> triforce.

With red buff and boots of swiftness NO ONE ESCAPES!!!!!!! Ended up going 12 and 1 with 9 assists. Was working on GA, but game ended.

Was gonna go for wriggles, but they had 3+ high hp targets.

PerAnon

12-02-2010

Atma's I definitely need to start building - Mallet though, ugh, I just hate how you have to pay 2400 gold for the health and slow effect. That's a whole Hexdrinker and then some!

I've generally found that Pillar/Contaminate/Ghost have been plenty in terms of chase early, especially since it's hard to tower dive at that point. Later, Youmouus/Omen add even more mobility options. I'd really like to avoid Mallet if at all possible - am I the only one who feels that way?

illset

12-02-2010

yeah i agree.. i did mallet one game and really didn't really didn't seem the worth the money effect.. i take exhuast with me every game and with your w and q.. pretty easy to chase down

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerAnon View Post
Atma's I definitely need to start building - Mallet though, ugh, I just hate how you have to pay 2400 gold for the health and slow effect. That's a whole Hexdrinker and then some!

I've generally found that Pillar/Contaminate/Ghost have been plenty in terms of chase early, especially since it's hard to tower dive at that point. Later, Youmouus/Omen add even more mobility options. I'd really like to avoid Mallet if at all possible - am I the only one who feels that way?

AhhShucks

12-02-2010

You could probably replace the mallet with just about any health item, sunfire or bveil might be good options.

Morinav

12-02-2010

I'd suggest Trin Force over mallet. Yes, it's more expensive, but the mix of stats overall wins out, I think.

blacryan

12-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post
I'd suggest Trin Force over mallet. Yes, it's more expensive, but the mix of stats overall wins out, I think.
So does the trin force proc work w/ his Q or not now?

xahhfink6

12-02-2010

If laning, starting with a regrowth pendant into philo stone (later into shurelia's) works really well to spam Q and W