Absolutely 100% *NEED* this in game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katsuni

12-17-2009

A consumables belt of 2 slots.

All it can hold are consumables, such as wards, potions, flasks, nothing else.

It's sickening having a shaco backdooring yeur base all game, and having to sell yeur boots to buy wards to prevent him from doing it.

I had no problems stopping the backdooring easily enough, but the fact that I had to *SELL MY BOOTS* so I could buy the wards was just ******ed.

Moreso because the sale isn't even 100% refund, so I lost extra gold every time I had to do it.

There absolutely MUST be a consumables slot, preferably two, so that we can bring wards, make use of flasks, and so on.

It's irritating as hell to be in a game that lasts forever, fill up all 6 item slots with best possible weapon choices, and then... not even be able to buy a flask with all the extra gold. This has flat out got to change. Consumable use is supposed to be kind of helpful, and when some heroes are assumed to be NEEDING them to be countered... yeah...

I know it's not that big a deal in many games due to most don't last that long these days, but 'just because 80% of games are over in 30 minutes or less' is not a good enough excuse for mediocrity in game design.

Seriously, make a slot (preferably two) that hold ONLY consumable items.

Mr Cynical

12-18-2009

+1. It's extremely annoying to be unable to buy consumables or having to sell one of your items because your inventory is full.

shalmack

12-18-2009

Been talked about a lot you can check out the threads if you search for them using the search function. I believe Riot is taking some action and will be implementing something for consumables in the future.

Sagas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-18-2009

Also, part of Riot's goal is to have game lengths in the 30 minute range. While a consumable slot will be nice, and like shalmack said it is being worked, if the game length were shorter you shouldn't have the "best item in every slot, what do I sell" issue.

Katsuni

12-18-2009

Well it sounds good they're looking at it...

As for the 'games should be 30 minutes', it doesn't mean it always happens. Sometimes there's a turtle, some overly even matches... I've had the odd game where any time there's a team fight there's like two people left at the end both with no pushing power and no health left so they go to heal, leaving the game to drag on forever.

Just because they WANT it to be under 30 minutes, it doesn't mean they shouldn't plan for the inevitability that eventually it WON'T be under 30 minutes. That's just poor game design to assume that things will go exactly as planned. I'm sure they have no stance on people cheating either if this's the mindset, because obviously, people SHOULDN'T cheat, so let's just ignore the fact that they do at every opportunity.

That seriously isn't a good argument at all O.o

That being said though, I understand how they want the game to play, but also keep in mind alot of people tend to stack low end items very early on as well, such as if trying to build one of the higher items that costs 3 slots before its' final upgrade. Even early game I've run out of inventory space before and had to give up on buying potions/flasks/anything else due to lack of space.

That being said though, why ARE flasks in the game if they're not intended to be used at the time they're most useful? O.o;

shalmack

12-18-2009

Granted the game isn't always gonna go under 30 minutes but it is the goal and something the work towards. That is why they are working on issues to fix things like this. I'm pretty sure they know things won't always go according to plan and it's wrong to assume that they assume it will always be under 30 minutes ;D. You are making claims again

Quote:
if they're not intended to be used at the time they're most useful?
Did someone tell you this was Riots goal?

cutyohairfoo

12-21-2009

Bump for a really good idea

Mikhur

12-21-2009

I don't see why this is, at all, a bad idea? If the games are meant to last less than thirty minutes, then that's fine, but that's really no excuse that, because it DOESN'T last only thirty minutes, it shouldn't be in there. It's not another item slot to punish noobs with - the overwhelming majority won't even use it.

It just seems backwards to have to lose money, just to buy an elixir.

AlphaOfUrOmega

12-21-2009

I think a single slot would be better, but the general idea is great.