nidalee talks

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exantius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

I'm thinking Sheen --> Rylai --> Lichbane.

Her heal is amazing. Low mana cost and cooldown with decent AP ratio. Getting it early means no skillshot though, which allows for some ridiculous early game damage if you manage to hit with it.

Her trap is kind of weird. It's far different from Teemo's mushroom since I don't think it gives nearly as much (any?) visibility if they don't set it off, and I'm not entirely sure if it's even killable. I put one near a tower and I'm pretty sure it just sat there for the 4 minutes.

Noth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

Honestly I love taking Nidalee the dps route. I of course take sheen and get the triforce which fixes her lack of cc problem. With the dps build squishies dies in one w,e,q combo in cougar and others were running and either able to be finished with a javelin or forced to recall. She is still a sitting duck if cc'd though

Joru

12-17-2009

I'm a proponent of going in a mostly AP/cooldown reduction direction and playing her as a mixed offense/support. I can see how a physical build could have some potential, but really, the only abilities that scale directly with it are Takedown and the attack speed portion of the heal. And the attack speed can just as easily be put on someone else. AP and cooldown boosts everything. You do decent cougar damage, your javelin is scary, your heal is great, and you have 100% uptime on the attack speed. It's the whole package.

My standard build right now is Sheen, Boots, Rylai's, Nashor's, and then Trinity Force (not necessarily in that order; I haven't quite worked that out yet). I honestly think Trinity might be better than Lichbane even if you go AP. She spams abilities so fast that the three-second cooldown really drags you down.

AidanTalnare

12-17-2009

I've tried her mostly as DPS / Survivability builds and I've had a decent amount of success. Won 2 lost 1 so far, one game I went 8 0 4. Does Chalice seem like a bit of overkill on Nidalee? I mean, the quicker recovery helps a lot while in Cougar mode, but considering how low costing her heal is and that's the thing you'll be popping the most, sans spear and trap, I dunno if that much Mana Regen is necessary. The Magic Resist would help I suppose. Along with that, I've been tweeking with:

Chalice
Ninja Tabi
-insert lifedrain here-
Frozen Mallet
Phantom Dancer
-insert last item here-

I was thinking Nashors would fit well in there, not sure otherwise.

Joru

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanTalnare View Post
I've tried her mostly as DPS / Survivability builds and I've had a decent amount of success. Won 2 lost 1 so far, one game I went 8 0 4. Does Chalice seem like a bit of overkill on Nidalee? I mean, the quicker recovery helps a lot while in Cougar mode, but considering how low costing her heal is and that's the thing you'll be popping the most, sans spear and trap, I dunno if that much Mana Regen is necessary. The Magic Resist would help I suppose. Along with that, I've been tweeking with:

Chalice
Ninja Tabi
-insert lifedrain here-
Frozen Mallet
Phantom Dancer
-insert last item here-

I was thinking Nashors would fit well in there, not sure otherwise.
I'm 95% sure that building Trinity Force instead of rushing that Frozen Mallet and Phantom Dancer would serve you way better. Nidalee spams so many abilities...you'd be crazy not to take something from the Sheen line.

Some mana regen is kind of nice for the sustainability with heal spam, but devoting an entire item to it (the Chalice) seems unnecessary. I'm also not sure if lifedrain is the way to go either, since you have a real heal to keep your health up. Maybe kill two birds in one stone and take Nashor's Tooth instead of both of them. It gives mana regen, more and stronger heals, and some offensive capability on top of it.

AidanTalnare

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joru View Post
I'm 95% sure that building Trinity Force instead of rushing that Frozen Mallet and Phantom Dancer would serve you way better. Nidalee spams so many abilities...you'd be crazy not to take something from the Sheen line.

Some mana regen is kind of nice for the sustainability with heal spam, but devoting an entire item to it (the Chalice) seems unnecessary. I'm also not sure if lifedrain is the way to go either, since you have a real heal to keep your health up. Maybe kill two birds in one stone and take Nashor's Tooth instead of both of them. It gives mana regen, more and stronger heals, and some offensive capability on top of it.
Good point, I'll give it a try my next round. Maybe a little mixed offense will serve her good

Basilisk9466

12-17-2009

Question: do the uniques of Sheen, Lichbane and Triforce stack? I'm guessing that Triforce overrides Sheen somehow, but would getting both Lichbane and Triforce give both the 2.5x base damage and the AP damage boost?

inept

12-17-2009

she is fine built either way

if your team is DPS heavy, you go AP

if your team is AP heavy, you go DPS

pretty simple concept to follow. if its split go whatever you need. Don't have a support char? spam that heal/spear with AP. etc

Exantius

12-17-2009

The three Sheenlike items do not stack with one another.

What are thoughts on summoner abilities/masteries? Maybe go for max cooldown reduction with 11/0/19 or something?

Also, boot upgrades. I've been running Mobility since I run around ganking a lot, but I can see where Merc treads would come in handy, and of course sorc boots/zerker greaves adds DPS.

Twizzle

12-17-2009

I've been doing Rylai first up, and highly recommend it. Your spear slows. Your traps slow. Your pounce slows. Your claw slows. It gives you some good chase ability, some hp for survival, and some AP for your heal.

I did do one game where I went hard AP, but I think I prefer a blend overall. Other than my second "real" game with her where our team got rolled hard due to no tank, I have been very far on the positive side in k/d.

I laned with a mundo. At 3:51, we took our first tower down thanks to speed boost from the heal + mundo's masochism. It's...hilarious.

123456 ... 11