Cooldown Timer issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tr3b00n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2010

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this has been happening to anyone else but.. So far this has happened on every character Ive played post patch. When I use an ability and my cool down timer comes up, everything's normal and when the timer gets down to 0, logically youre able to use your ability. Well... I can't, atleast for a good few seconds even though the ability is lit up and ready to go. Also, it says, "This ability is not ready yet!" so Im pretty sure my cooldown timer is off. This is even more noticeable on summoner abilities. Theres been several times where my flash says it's up and I'm pounding away at my keyboard trying to get it to work and it wont go off.

Has ANYONE ever experienced this at all? Im feeling it's a patch issue and something was changed and may be affecting a small amount of people but Im not sure. It's really frustrating because it's hard to flash/ult in when you can't use it but expect it to go off. I won't even get into the FPS issues Im having now after the patch but meh...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks =\

Deathreape98

12-01-2010

Try switching how your cooldown timer is displayed to seconds or minutes.

tr3b00n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2010

Found what you mentioned. It's not how it's displayed. it's how it's counting incorrectly saying my abilities are up when they aren't. I changed it and still the same.

trollolo1

12-01-2010

don't pound on ur keyboard bro

you'll break something

then you'll really have cooldown timer issues

tr3b00n

12-01-2010

That was before I realized it was an ingame issue. Thought it might of been my keyboard at some point but it wasn't lol.

trollolo1

12-01-2010

did you try standin in the bushes and fappin on ur teammates?

them00se

12-13-2010

I've experienced this too. I suspect it's a hardware problem, as in the past on the same hardware I've seen WoW have similar issues tracking cooldowns and managing other "timing" related stuff like flight paths. Are you running LoL in windowed mode? What is your hardware like?

Toughnips

02-06-2011

same problem as well, tell me how to fixxx

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-07-2011

This issue usually seems to crop up from processor overclocks on certain machines.

Eambo

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
This issue usually seems to crop up from processor overclocks on certain machines.
Particularly I've noticed this a good amount with ASUS motherboards and their EPU program, however it can happen under a lot of overclocking scenarios, or programs that "boost" your processor.