Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[AP Twisted Fate] The Smooth Criminal - A comprehensive Post-Patch guide.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero Control

Recruiter

12-22-2009

I have lost 3 of my last 20 games over the last 3 days by going:

OH.... I should mention I have maxed tier 3 cooldown runes, in all areas, its about 19ish% cd, then I snag the other 9% cd abilities from our masteries, using the damage and support tree.... without items you are looking at about 28 or 29ish% CD. Its enough.

Tear
Soul Stealer
Boots - speed 3 (run away, chase)
Sheen
-> Lichbane
->Archangels
Zorams
void

Gold card and one round of your short cooldown wild cards will take anyone to half hp or less.

Just sit in the back spam wild cards stun with gold, jump in and snipe low hp.

Usually lead kills and support.

I should add I murder physical CMs.... they dont ahve the HP to beat your alpha strike. Only tanks do, just have your team support as you lead in with the trap n stun, gg.

FABIOForever

12-22-2009

I never understood why you'd want to build an AP Twisted Fate. Gold card is insignificant as a source of dps and using it to increase wild card is like playing a gimped Ashe. Alpha strike ganking can be useful but by the time you're any good at it a competent team won't have too many solo low health heroes running around. Teleport ganking is just too situational to base your entire build around; leave the full time assassinating to Twitch and Evelyn.

If you're hanging around groups long enough for wild cards to make a difference then you're wasting TF's mobility. He should be gating constantly to push empty lanes and destroy turrets, which a dps build works best for. Item priorioty cooldown--->dps--->wards (spreading them in the jungle can mean the difference between an ace and getting aced).

Stakenborg

12-22-2009

Quote:
ReclusiveVoa:
Why get Infin edge on TF? If you're specced for crit dmg+, it's awesome, and I totally see why, but I'm specced for armour pen, so I tend to get cleaver; it's about 1k cheaper, and the effect is more a certain damage increase rather than a potential crit damage increase.
Also, consider Exec calling and Starks to outtank any non-pure dps hero. You won't be able to outnuke a yi or a warwick, but with exec calling you can certainly cause trouble for someone like Ashe or sivir, even a tanky mundo, especially if you're only hitting a little slower than them and removing their lifesteal/regen (if they have any) at the same time.

You get infin edge because you're using sword of the occult, of course.

Ereinion

12-22-2009

Well, going physical twisted means that you rely on your auto attack, and he doesn't shine till late game going physical. AP Twisted shines right after level 6, and is still a major threat late game (though a physical would eventually be better).

FABIOForever

12-23-2009

Quote:
Ereinion:
Well, going physical twisted means that you rely on your auto attack, and he doesn't shine till late game going physical. AP Twisted shines right after level 6, and is still a major threat late game (though a physical would eventually be better).

Eh. By level 6 you've got enough AP for, what, 20% extra damage for wild card? 30%? +50 damage per gank attempt from sheen? That's not a lot. Even late game after you've poured 8000+ gold into AP items you're doing double damage with wild card which still isn't going to make much of a difference in team fights.

The purpose of a dps build is pushing and tearing down turrets in undefended lanes. You sweep minions about the same speed as AP TF, but you destroy buildings about 5 times faster. Heck, even for a teleport stun gank you'll make up the difference in burst damage in about 2 seconds (the length of your stun).

I just think too many people get addicted to the thrill of burst damage ganking when most characters (but TF especially) are better off in the bigger picture with other builds.

P.S. I'm not sure where anyone is getting the idea that AP TF blue cards wreck turrets. AP doesn't affect blue card damage at all, and lich bane is on a 3 second cooldown so it would only apply to one card per PaC.

Castbound

12-23-2009

Seems decent, as a continuous twisted fate player, i switch off between damage and crit/ and AP. But i have never used thsi build. excited to try it =P

myndless

12-27-2009

I like this build. With a few of my own minor adjustments but as something to work of off I like it.