Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deejed

07-29-2013

Skarner was my most played champ s2
I love him and I still do, but the thing that hurt him most was when they changed his ult so that if the animation doesnt finish due to the enemy moving out of range (flash, janna ult, ez E, nida pounce ect) then his ult doesnt go off. It is so annoying and so many times i've been running back into my own team thinking i just pulled their carry, then look like an idiot xD

kuhzoo

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
I'm seeing the feedback about removing the permaslow from Q. It's definitely a loss in power for Skarner, but with the goal of increasing his consistency, it could work out to his benefit. How would you feel about Skarner having a way to activate his slow right off the bat instead of delayed instead of having permaslow?
What if Skarner's E proc activated the slow? He could E + proc-E for an instant slow, but due to the cd on his E, he can't perma-slow (as easily?). If he has the time, he could E, wait a second or two, proc-E, then E + proc-E when it's off cd for a double duration slow.

This would also allow you to move the AS steroid onto the second hit of his Q so that he's strong in prolonged trades. The slow on his E means he can force prolonged trades, but not forever.

The worry I have with this would be a situation where Skarner gets so far ahead in lane that instead of using his W to win trades, he can use the speed boost on it to keep/catch up to someone trying to disengage while Skarner's slow is on cd. I don't know if this is the kind of snow-ball potential we want on Skarner.

Ryuujinmaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2013

V1.0.0.150:
Impale:
It will no longer finish casting if the target escapes the range during the cast time.

V1.0.0.150:
Impale:
It will no longer finish casting if the target escapes the range during the cast time.

V1.0.0.150:
Impale:

V1.0.0.150:
Impale:

V1.0.0.150:
Impale:

V1.0.0.150:
Impale:

V1.0.0.150:
Impale:

V1.0.0.150:
Impale:

V1.0.0.150:
Impale:

You can revert this anytime and he will be picked/win games again.

Starrow

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlesssEntropyy View Post
Lol!

MMKH

07-29-2013

As the champion who is supposed to be the "King of Crystal Scar", he is no longer seen anymore on the map.

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
Spammable skills, AoE slow for peel, being able to grab someone and pull them back (signature move)

• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
Too vulnerable to kiting/poke/hard CC/etc, not really that durable either (no innate durability besides a minor shield), have to be in melee range to really do anything

• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
Probably being slowed endlessly, but in his current situation it doesn't really matter much because most characters can easily trade against him

• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
Blitzcrank (pull), Sejuani (AOE damage, slows, hard CC ult, tank), Dr. Mundo (AOE damage, slows, tank).

Please make him more useful and hopefully can still preserve both his AD and AP ratios for different build combos.

Ben Rachman

07-29-2013

Hello, I'm a Diamond player who only jungles Lee Sin and Skarner on multiple different accounts. With that said I urge you to be cautious with your buffs.

OT:
What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?

Honestly, the best part of playing skarner is you have a permaslow, are incredibly fast, and can't really be dueled unless you fell behind hard. The fact that they can't duel you and if you get in range they can't really run is awesome. It really makes me feel like a predator when I start snowballing on him.

What are the most frustrating/unfun parts of playing skarner?

Skarner and Hecarim are the scariest junglers IMO to snowball a game. They get really tanky and do huge damage with their Q spam and their ultis are gamechanging. However, when Skarner falls behind he has to build pure tank and generally has to rely on his flash>R combo to really be relevant. And that would be OK except flash cancels his ulti and if you trade flashes with an ezreal you are never going to catch him. Because he has no instant gap closer he has no way to even get in range to use his ulti without his flash.

What are the most frustrating about playing against skarner?

It used to be getting flash hooked and losing your flash AND getting hooked. That was just stupid. Also, as I said earlier, it is incredibly frustrating to have to FACE a snowballing Skarner as he has a permaslow, is incredibly fast, and can't be dueled. It's kind of like Udyr but trading tankiness for the permaslow.

Are there champions that do Skarner's job better than him? Why?

Honestly, there really aren't. Udyr snowballs really hard but jungle Udyr kind of runs around being unkillable if he gets fed while Skarner does stupid amounts of damage while being unkillable. Also, Udyr and Hecarim (the two champs most similar to him) have nowhere near the same pick potential and sustained CC potential on a single target that Skarner has. If you were camping a bush with Hecarim on your team you are way less scary than with Skarner. Udyr does a similar job to Skarner and he is picked much more often because he does both his job and a lot of Skarner's but when both champs are played correctly they do different things.

TL;DR Udyr is more disruption focused and tanky. Hecarim has a big aoe cc ulti and free healing but doesn't have the ability to perma cc a carry like Skarner.

I hope you actually read this as I honestly don't believe Skarner needs very much help other than lowering his mana costs as they are just stupidly high. Also revert the shield CD nerf because that contributes to both his dueling potential in conjunction with his passive and when his shield pops he has 0 mobility.

WhiteNov

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2013

In season 2 you were actually tanky because of how well stacking resistance works and were able to tank and pull people into your team

More and more champion has some kind of escape and you can't pull him anymore even though you flash in r because of how the ulti works now

If you play champions without any escape, and the enemy team has speed boost utility like Orianna, Jayce, Karma, you most liekly will get pulled and perma slowed even after flashing

Skarner R is really unique because of how you can stop someone and pull him towards your teammate, but imo Jarvan/Xin has more reliable CC than Skarner, and Vi's ultimate is way better than Skarner's ultimate right now because it acts like how Skarner's R was before patch, as soon as you R, it will hit you

What do I think should Happen?

If we were to give Skarner a gap closer, I would think he would be the most pick, but maybe a skill shot that slow people isntead of spaming Q to slow people. Making it's E slowing people or stunning someone for you to catch up and R them would be pretty neat. This will show determine how skillshot will be important and how fatal it is to miss it with Skarner ! "This will seperate the good Skarner, from the pro Skarner"

Viking McNord

07-29-2013

The most fun aspect of Skarner is definitely ulting people and dragging them to their deaths, then permaslowing them when your ult breaks.

The most frustrating aspect of playing Skarner is your E. Seriously, I've only ever used this ability meaningfully to snipe kills that I wouldn't have otherwise gotten, which has happened 3 times.

I don't think any champions do Skarner's job exactly, but someone like Zac can lock an enemy carry down in a fight in one place for about as long as Skarner can suppress him, and then has health left to still tank so much damage in the fight.

Sweetcutie

07-29-2013

What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
The pull and the potential perma slow

What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
his ult range being alot smaller than the shown range, why? because since the nerf the target has to be in range after the channel for the ult to cast, hence if the enemy was at the edge of ur casting range u cant cast it, u will simply keep hearing that ult casting sound with no ult.

none, hes so weak

Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
Thresh, blitz. Despite them not being jungler , i think ppl pickd skarner for his pull to drag the carry away from the back to the front, hence the Thresh and blitz does alot better job than him for they dont have to run in with a 100hp sheild that blocks nothing!

SlightlySuicidal

07-29-2013

Quote:
1) being a badass bug with the whole spam buttons and stick to people infinitely if they let you get into melee range

2) e being such a bad spell. the cast animation slows him down too much and the heal/manacost isn't remotely worth it. the game is so mobility/power creeped that everyone can kite you all day. he also doesn't have the gold from the jungle because he's too item hungry and his ganks suck pre-6.

3) none. i can accept if skar killed me it's because my position was ass. he only does anything at melee range so if i die to him it's on me.

4) udyr has always had a fairly similar kit in terms of aoe clearing and cc. i feel like udyr dives better, chases better, duels better, etc. skar only has that ult over udyr.

also, Zac/Vi/etc both have similar jungle control clear speed as him as well as being better gankers (and in vi's case an equally good duelest).

reworked sej is better than him too. clears well, ult aoe disable, etc.