Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stab It Twice

07-29-2013

plz do something with Skarner E.

CrackisGood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2013

Maybe Give Skarner a 4th Skill would be nice

Black Sun Rising

07-29-2013

Skarner is pretty much defined by his ult, and that's it.

His Q and E are both extremely underwhelming, and his W is a weak version of Karma's new shield. He probably needs an entirely new kit, to be honest. People will get mad if you take away the ult though.

Lankz

07-29-2013

little bit bigger range on q, and maybe a new skill for e, not much more then that.

SolluxAradia

07-29-2013

I gotta say clearing without blue makes Skarner a sad pokemon. But I agree that his Q costs gave him a hard hit, making him so mana-hungry until he gets Frozen Heart which depdending on the length of the game he may not get time to build as most will be building Golem and then Aegis later. What I'd really like to see is Skarner getting an actual 4th spell.

c4llmeco4ch

07-29-2013

• what are the most fun aspects of playing skarner?

Flash pulling Ezreal R.I.P.

• what are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing skarner?

The fact that, as a jungler, one of his abilities is useless until 13 and that he is as blue dependent as he is.

• what are the most frustrating aspects of playing against skarner?

Late game he becomes almost impossible to kite and his pull essentially guarantees a kill at 6.

• are there champions that do skarner’s job better than he does? Why?

> Catching out a single target and getting them blown up

Blitz, Thresh, Naut

> Being unkillable/hard to kite

Singed, Udyr

AuriousLoL

07-29-2013

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
I think both his aesthetics as well as his gameply feel fun. The idea that you have an ancient crystal scorpion scurrying towards you to CC you for days is a bit terrifying.

For his kit, his range and his armor/movement speed buff are both fun, without feeling out of place.

• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
For being very mana dependant, other champions do his job in the jungle better. He doesn't have a stun at level one like other junglers- and the fact that in order to slow and catch his target you need to plan on using all his mana can be frustrating.

• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
The unsuspecting CC and drag he has with his ultimate has definitely caused me to rage many a time. And a Skarner who is able to get ahead and is played well can be unkillable, tanking shots and sometimes aiding in an ally's escape.

• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
I think Udyr, Vi and Zac do his job better.

Udyr because of his ability to lockdown opponents and chase endlessly make him a huge threat, but Udyr has a better chase than Skarner.

Vi and Zac because Skarner used to excel at forcing a team fight when the enemy didn't want one. As soon as someone was caught out, it was a pull and they were done- making the team choose if they wanted to go in, or try and defend in a 4v5.

Vi and Zac both do this very well. With Vi's popup and her immense damage output in a matter of seconds, she can force team fights and rip apart squishies. Zac is the same. With his passive he can leap in and force a team fight, but with his passive up he can easily come out ahead of the enemy team.

DotHackver2

07-29-2013

I thinker skarner is defined by his ult thats obv gotta stay however his mana costs are way to high and early on he tends to get mana starved in the jungle unless he has blue buff my thought is change his Q and E his w i think can stay as is its a pretty effective skill honestly
and lower some of the mana costs

Arance

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
Good. I've been waiting (and pestering Xelnath) about this.
  • Running people down and dragging them back into your team.
  • Not having ult up. Dealing with its insanely long CD with no reasonable way to lower it with passive (mostly on other maps). Having nothing particularly interesting or skillful on his kit besides his ult. Being surprisingly squishy without a lot of tank items, which you have to build because building damage doesn't let him live long enough to deal any, and even then he only feels tanky when enemy team is all physical or magic damage.
  • Being completely unable to avoid, escape, or kill him (usually only happens when team damage is heavily weighted on AP or AD though).
  • Blitz, Thresh, and Naut all have better grabs, and two are inarguably better tanks. His peel sucks outside of ult. His presence, while damaging over a long time in a very small area, is generally negligible outside of his ult.

Sensing a pattern here? His ult is awesome but it is all he has. There is nothing cool, particularly skillful, powerful, or interesting about him besides that ult (and there's still champs that do grabs better). And when it's on its very long cooldown, playing him just feels terrible, especially when he can't utilize the passive to recover it (again, mostly on other maps).

Mecha Courage

07-29-2013

1. The most fun aspect of the bug is his ult, you blaze in at 500+ MS and grab someone important and tear out of there.

2. I would have to say his E, and how you have to stop to cast it, when you are chasing/being chased, and you need to be healthy to continue, that .5 second cast makes you fall behind. His kit is really JUST his ult by late game, that is his only use past the 30 minute mark.

3. I have to say, I haven't played against many Skarners, and I can't say he is frustrating to play against, you really just have to kite him...that is all.

4. Almost every other jungler does Skarner's job better, disrupting the enemy carries, to name a few, Xin, J4, Zac, Elise, Nasus, etc. etc.

The Bug can't really get to the back line because he needs to WALK there, look at Zac, Elise and J4. They have moves that plant them there, no questions asked. And with BotRK and mobility creep the way it is, even if he gets to the carry, no one else did.