Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peach Goddess

07-29-2013

Quote:
• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
1. Using a permaslow to kill enemies
2. Mana cost needed to spam q; have to use w to catch up to enemies--lots of power is lost if the shield breaks by the time you reach the target
3. Slow and drag
4. Yes, Zac in particular.

ink lions

07-29-2013

I don't know how much this will help, because I'm not really a Skarner player... but I want to be, if that makes sense. I like him. He's a unique champion, and I like the idea he seems to represent.

But I don't feel good playing him. I want him to feel like a scorpion. They are poisonous and tough-as- nails desert dwellers.

Playing Skarner doesn't feel like that. At best, he feels like a tow truck.

Idk.

Atelophobia

07-29-2013

re

Elewd

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
most fun aspect is using your ulti and pulling that unsuspecting person into your team.

Frustrating would be if they flash your ulti goes on CD and doesnt grab them (same for any other escape)

Unfun aspects is that his E is completly useless. it doesnt feel worht leveling at all.

I dont see other champions doing his job better than him its just he has a useless skill and an annoying fix to his ulti which makes it feel really underwhelming.

Waschbar

07-29-2013

So this is what I feel.

When playing Skarner, his Q seems incredible, aoe damage on top of a slow, that's spammable, when playing against Skarner, I hate this ability because it means I never get away.

His W? Feels alright. but I'd like to see it take more of a damage role, instead of increasing AS for the duration I think I think it should get a thornmail-like status, reflecting damage done to him while shielded back at the caster because its crystal armor after all.

his E? Everyone says it sucks, I disagree, however I'd like to see 1 or 2 changes, 1, the animation delay is basically a self-stun when you use it, meaning you stop chasing to E, which can be terrible, please change this to an instant cast while moving? The heal shouldn't rely on him having to close a gap AND do damage to be honest.

his R? Its the only skill that still behaves the way it does, Volibear, Singed, ect all counter flash with thier BASIC skills, why is Skarner punished on his ultimate?

supergamewizard

07-29-2013

I'm so excited

DaBlackWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2013

havent played him in a while, so I don't really know. I would assume he benefited similarly to udyr with the s3 item changes but without the stun he isnt really as great sticking to people without ulti.

gsai

07-29-2013

His ult needs to not burn CD if someone flashes away.

Zimno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2013

Unless you build movement speed as a jungler it can be hard to gank effectively when your ult is down. His slow is pretty unreliable as well forcing you to build for that movement speed or get a frozen mallet.

PPPPPPPPPPPP270

07-29-2013

The perma slow is the most important part but is considered to be the most anti fun against people.
His E is totally useless, because it stuns your self making his lose grip on enemies.
He has great itemization but they are mainly nerfed items.
Stacking HP is less common since his shield gives him extra 500 EHP.