Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karede

11-21-2013

An hour and thirty minutes left on my favorite champion

Everybody I have told in team chat today is like: "He's not even that good, why are they ruining him like that?" Then I tell them. And they either laugh at me or just straight don't believe they would take away a champion's main ability like that. A guy told me "Might as well just delete him, then." I concur.

Scruffy, it's not too late man!! Talk to somebody!! Postpone the patch till you can take Skarner's demolished state out of it!!! Please dude!! FOR THE LOVE!!!

Sightless66

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karede View Post
An hour and thirty minutes left on my favorite champion

Everybody I have told in team chat today is like: "He's not even that good, why are they ruining him like that?" Then I tell them. And they either laugh at me or just straight don't believe they would take away a champion's main ability like that. A guy told me "Might as well just delete him, then." I concur.

Scruffy, it's not too late man!! Talk to somebody!! Postpone the patch till you can take Skarner's demolished state out of it!!! Please dude!! FOR THE LOVE!!!
You might want to take a few minutes to read the patch notes.

The Skarner rework isn't coming particularly soon. It needs to go onto the PBE first (it was only on there for a day). If you don't have an account for testing, you may want to look into that now. I'm uncertain of whether or not they're open, but it is probably worth checking on.

Karede

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightless66 View Post

The Skarner rework isn't coming particularly soon. It needs to go onto the PBE first (it was only on there for a day). If you don't have an account for testing, you may want to look into that now. I'm uncertain of whether or not they're open, but it is probably worth checking on.
This made me so happy when i read it.... YAY!!! Another few weeks him before he blows!!!!

Awesomax

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightless66 View Post

Wait- so is there any idea of how long until it's out? I was really expecting the Skarner or Xerath rework to come out with this patch. I love Skarner's kit currently, but I'm very curious to play him after the rework. Any way to know a time frame? (Eg; by the end of the year?)

Sightless66

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomax View Post
Wait- so is there any idea of how long until it's out? I was really expecting the Skarner or Xerath rework to come out with this patch. I love Skarner's kit currently, but I'm very curious to play him after the rework. Any way to know a time frame? (Eg; by the end of the year?)
Xerath has been put on the PBE already. Assuming that the current kit fulfills their goals (I don't know if that assumption is filled), expect it within the next 2-3 major patches. The Skarner one may take longer. First, it has to be readded to the PBE, which we should expect to happen pretty soon. If they have decided they like the kit, then they won't put the PBE version off for long. Then, the kit has to undergo PBE testing. There are two things that may make this take longer than normal. First, they have to be certain that they've minimized the number of edge cases involving his ultimate. They don't want it to mess up, particularly not in the direction of pulling someone who used an escape skill. Secondly, there currently is reasonably significant opposition to the kit. This will likely to serve as a delaying factor until enough players who like the Skarner rework try it on the PBE and decide to be vocal about it. In any case, that one will take time. Unless there is a major rush, I wouldn't expect this to hit live before the end of the year.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

11-21-2013
34 of 35 Riot Posts

Now that patch 3.14 is out, Skarner is coming back to the PBE for some real in game testing!

Crystal Slash
-Mana cost reduced from 20/22/24/26/28 to 16/18/20/22/24
-When target is hit, applies an attack speed buff for 5s that stacks up to 3 times 4/5/6/7/8
-Slow removed from Crystal Slash (moved to Fracture)

Exoskeleton
-Attack speed component removed
-Cooldown lowered from 18s to 14s
-Max movepseed increased from 15/17/19/21/23 to 24/28/32/36/40 and ramps up over 3s
-Duration remains at 6s
-Shield value increased from 70/115/160/205/250 to 80/135/190/245/300
-Shield AP ratio increased from 0.6 to 0.8

Fracture
-Mana cost reduced from 50/55/60/65/70 to 30/35/40/45/50
-Heal removed
-Targets hit are slowed by 30/35/40/45/50 for 2.5s
-Missile range increased 800->1000
-Missile width reduced 120->90

Impale
-Impale now roots targeted champion during the windup animation
-VO for “feel my sting” etc will happen on successful grab instead of cast start

Once the next PBE update hits, let's get some real testing and see how this kit plays.

iShiny

11-21-2013

yaaaay skar skar

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2013

thank god

CracatoaX

11-21-2013

Finally he's going to be on the pbe, I've been waiting to test this for months.

venomxl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2013

Reposting this since Scruffy has decided to take an interest again in this thread:

Scruffy- You still haven't answered my question, which should be the most important question of the rework: Why pick Skarner over the viable junglers? What does he bring that Zac, Aatrox, Elise, Jarvan, Lee, etc. can't? If you can't answer that question, then he's not viable.

Tweaking a shield by 5 won't change that. You're hosing his sticktuitiveness, taking away his heal, his immediate move speed, his immediate attack speed, and giving back what exactly? This rework. is. making. him. worse.

His CC is worse. His dueling is worse. His gap closing is worse. And he sucked to begin with since the nerfs owned him.

Riot has this terrible, awful, horrid idea that you should have counterplay if melee can catch up to you and start to stick to you? Why? Isn't that the reward for playing melee? They already start off at a huge disadvantage to ranged, and then this idiotic idea of "counterplaying" melee's one positive attribute took off. If a melee with no gap closer goes after you, and gets to you, you should lose. It's the reward for being melee. It's the same way a skill shot should do more damage than a straight cast. If you choose a more difficult path, with more risks, you should be rewarded for it, or else why not take easy mode?

Also, you're never allowed to use the words counterplay as long as Karthus' R exists. Doesn't matter about vision, or range, or anything. No aiming, just press R, massive damage, KS for days. Until that atrocity is fixed, you can't complain about a melee with no gap closer sticking to someone after they get to them.