Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crys3s

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
This is a really great quote from Morello that is very important to Skarner's identity. The new kit still accomplishes those goals just in a different way. Skarner is able to more effectively get on to targets with the new E, and with the improved W he has an easier time keeping up with his targets. The target has a little more freedom of movement than before but Skarner is still able to maintain his effective range.
Speaking of Skarner's identity and mechanics - just a thought. His E is a line nuke correct? But scorpions technically to not shoot quill's or anything out of their stinger. They sting instead. It would be nice if a mechanic that was ranged could develop out of this but become more of a single target ability and relying on his Q for hitting multiple targets instead. After all its his ult that models the use of his stinger the best.

SKL3TN

09-28-2013

skarner is no skarner anymore if they change the slow on Q..

TristLander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2013

These changes so far, urg. Skarner has been my go to champ since I started jungling, hes always felt natural and under rated. Season 3 jungle changes made me swap out to other junglers because I was told he was no longer viable but, I came back to him, how he handles now, its perfect, the fact these changes are so many and diverse, hes not going to be anything like how I've come to know him. But I guess, nothing can ever stay golden.

Shahamut

09-28-2013

I personally enjoy playing Skarner as is as well. Though I do wish his E was more useful. Honestly, Im sure the changes will benefit Skarner overall. Though I will surely miss the perma-slow. But as long as they dont next remove the Gauntlet, I will be ok.

Iratherenjoymud

09-28-2013

I'd say my number one annoyance as skarner is the fix to his ult basically making him useless if the enemy carry has flash up. That and the fact that even if you catch the enemy carry and drag them back without any major speedboosts popped you have essentially just done a max range blitz grab in slow motion except instead of being a skilllshot you have to run melee range to cast which is rediculous. I really hope that his e gets remade into something that helps him out a little in the respect of grabbing somone to their doom, like maybe a short range aoe snare or something that keeps people from just running or flashing out of his ult.

lolgreglol

09-29-2013

having played many many games as skarner he is basically my favorite champion, im going to go ahead and say that in his current form he would greatly benefit from a change on how his key skill the Q actually triggers

personally i believe it would GREATLY help out skarner if his Q splash was more in front of the scorpion than around him.

MattTheBawss

09-29-2013

Keep bumping this, I would love too see skarner get a buff.

Shahamut

10-01-2013

can't wait to hear back from scruffy. Come on man! Where are you?!

Locke64

10-01-2013

Xelnath said you're "playing around with some prototypes." Does this mean you're trying out several different things besides the kit you've been showing us? I'm beyond expressing my opinion of that kit at this point, but I would still be comforted to know that many options are being given a serious chance instead of just locking into one.

Shahamut

10-04-2013

So... Im betting they are waiting to get back to us until after the championship match tonight.

*EDIT* so... still waiting to hear back.