Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hrud

08-20-2013

Yo Marksta, i'm sure what you say is super interesting and smart, but for the love of god, please space out your wall of text.

Tanzil

08-20-2013

Poor Skarner, we miss you. Hope this buff will increase your summoning rate

Art : NAM -Desert Sisters

We love you Skarner <3

Name:  poor SkarnerTRANS.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  249.7 KB

FABULOUSMUSCLES

08-20-2013

I wish skarner was like a transformation character..

LegendOfRage

08-20-2013

The new play style is totally relevant. So he's not as great in lane anymore...
So?
His jungling is, in my opinion, one of the best in the game. His Q slowing is very effective when you have W to catch up to your opponent-- and if you're not getting high mobility items on Skarner you're doing it wrong... One of the best duelists in the game, late game. Haters gonna hate, my li'l, crystal, scorpion buddy...

Stampede EU

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Hey all. This thread has been so incredibly helpful, you all have been having huge impact on this Skarner rework so far. We are getting more and more happy with each new version and I wanted to provide an update of where we are at. Skarner feels like a much more reliable pick with these changes, and I think he will gain a lot of his old glory back when you all have a chance to play him.

Overall, his ability to engage in ganks, mid game skirmishes, and late game team fights is increased. He is still able to brawl and 1v1 very well and his jungle clear times are slightly improved. The E is an essential part of his kit now, and it has opened up a lot of interesting new plays that Skarner can make. One of the most important things is that, for us old Skarner players, he still feels like the Skarner we know and love.

Full changelist:

Base Attack speed lowered by 1%

Crystal Slash (Q)
-Mana cost reduced from 20/22/24/26/28 to 16/18/20/22/24
-When target is hit, gives skarner an attack speed buff for 6s that stacks up to 3 times 4/5/6/7/8%
-Slow removed (moved to E)

Exoskeleton (W)
-Attack speed component removed (moved to Q)
-Cooldown lowered from 18s to 14s
-Max movepseed increased to 24/28/32/36/40% and ramps up over 3s
-Duration remains at 6s
-Shield value increased from 70/115/160/205/250 to 75/125/175/225/280
-Shield AP ratio increased from 0.6 to 0.8

Fracture (E)
-Mana cost reduced from 50/55/60/65/70 to 40/45/50/55/60
-Heal removed (power moved into W shield)
-Targets hit are slowed by 30/35/40/45/50% for 2.5s
-Missile range increased 800->1000
-Missile width reduced 120->90
-Missile speed reduced 1800->1700

Impale (R)
-Impale now roots targeted champion during the windup animation

Anything not mentioned in the changelist is the same. Numbers are still not locked down so don't sweat the small details.

-Team Skarner
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Skarner

Thanks for the nerfs brah, much needed.

Attack speed lowered and made to "ramp up", slow "increased" by a "mighty" 10% and shifted to a skill on a 10 second cooldown, fracture no longer heals - but it's kay cause the shield is now 5 to 30 points stronger (and a 0.2 AP ratio higher to boot - whoopdie doo). And now he needs 3 skills to do the same job, only worse, that he could do with two. But it's kay again, cause the mana costs are now 4 to 10 points lower.

Oh I'm sure he'll gain a lot of his old glory back in this iteration. Skarner players would be chomping at the bits to get their hands on "Skarner 2: Electric Hecarim Boogaloo"

Go Anan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

I would have to play New Skarner before I made any real judgments about this current state of the kit rework. However, I do have a request. Can you put "Ignore Unit Collision" onto his ult? It's not all that common, but it sucks to say, get stuck between minions and a tower when you dive someone under turret and then try to pull them away. It'd be real nice if he could just bypass the minions. Either that or make it part of his shield.

Lord Mordor

08-20-2013

im honestly not worried at all by the loss of the Q slow...Iceborn Gauntlet still exists and while before it felt slightly redundant on him, now it allows him to still function as melee slow bot, but with the benefit of a ranged slow to follow up if the target gets away.

People basically skipped old E completely, and if they didn't they still left it till 18 to max. Don't see why everyone is complaining about this one

Im feeling the AS numbers could go up one way or another, either by increasing the number of times it can stack, or by increasing the value of each stack...24% feels low, even if it can be kept up permanently during an engagement

KiteAzure

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
I have that as my doorknob handle...

Zeta

08-20-2013

Quote:
Unless Impale is becoming a suppression then all these nerfs just to turn your double unreliable (miss, hit and get QSSed instantly) ultimate into a reliably unreliable ultimate is freaking worthless!
How are you Diamond?

QSS works on all forms of crowd control, including suppression. Skarner's ult IS suppression already.

Marksta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
How are you Diamond?

QSS works on all forms of crowd control, including suppression. Skarner's ult IS suppression already.
You're right, I was being stupid on that part getting confused with clense vs. QSS mechanics. Well, guess that is just another problem. I really don't believe any other character gets shut down as hard by a QSS as he does and there is no way to fix this but weakening his other traits to strengthen his counterable ultimate isn't the way to buff Skarner.