Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exec3

08-20-2013

I might try out Skarner after these changes. When do you think they'll be out? They've come along a lot smoother than the Olaf and Rengar changes so do you think we'll see them soon on PBE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
Is that you Vegeta?
+1 to anyone who gets this reference.

Ygg7alem

08-20-2013

so ultimate now roots for the duration of the windup, does it still return the cooldown if ,say, you use it on ezreal or kassadin and they blink away as you are winding up?

Dat slow tho, lookin' fine there skarner

NVDax

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Hey all. This thread has been so incredibly helpful, you all have been having huge impact on this Skarner rework so far. We are getting more and more happy with each new version and I wanted to provide an update of where we are at. Skarner feels like a much more reliable pick with these changes, and I think he will gain a lot of his old glory back when you all have a chance to play him.

Overall, his ability to engage in ganks, mid game skirmishes, and late game team fights is increased. He is still able to brawl and 1v1 very well and his jungle clear times are slightly improved. The E is an essential part of his kit now, and it has opened up a lot of interesting new plays that Skarner can make. One of the most important things is that, for us old Skarner players, he still feels like the Skarner we know and love.

Full changelist:

Base Attack speed lowered by 1%

Crystal Slash (Q)
-Mana cost reduced from 20/22/24/26/28 to 16/18/20/22/24
-When target is hit, gives skarner an attack speed buff for 6s that stacks up to 3 times 4/5/6/7/8%
-Slow removed (moved to E)

Exoskeleton (W)
-Attack speed component removed (moved to Q)
-Cooldown lowered from 18s to 14s
-Max movepseed increased to 24/28/32/36/40% and ramps up over 3s
-Duration remains at 6s
-Shield value increased from 70/115/160/205/250 to 75/125/175/225/280
-Shield AP ratio increased from 0.6 to 0.8

Fracture (E)
-Mana cost reduced from 50/55/60/65/70 to 40/45/50/55/60
-Heal removed (power moved into W shield)
-Targets hit are slowed by 30/35/40/45/50% for 2.5s
-Missile range increased 800->1000
-Missile width reduced 120->90
-Missile speed reduced 1800->1700

Impale (R)
-Impale now roots targeted champion during the windup animation

Anything not mentioned in the changelist is the same. Numbers are still not locked down so don't sweat the small details.

-Team Scarner
Why can't Scarizard follow this form of a rework.

Elliot

08-20-2013

So no more perma slow?

Flana Scarlet

08-20-2013

Quick question that I don't think I've seen answered anywhere yet:

Does E still have a cast time on it? Honestly that's one of my major problems with it, Skarner is a super mobile champion, it really hurts to stand there and have to complete a cast before being able to move or engage again. Having a non-melee range slow is great, but I'm worried about people being able to just outrun him if he's stuck in the animation while the slow is ticking (such as point blank, or trying to chase a fleeing target).

poronyan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

@RiotScruffy:

About the R -
you said Skarner "snares" the target during the windup animation and then suppresses. Then can you theoretically use cleanse + flash during that windup animation to escape before being suppressed? If this is possible, will Skarner's ult go on cooldown?

Mestergrog

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by poronyan View Post
@RiotScruffy:

About the R -
you said Skarner "snares" the target during the windup animation and then suppresses. Then can you theoretically use cleanse + flash during that windup animation to escape before being suppressed? If this is possible, will Skarner's ult go on cooldown?
Currently on live, if your target blinks out of range during the windup animation, they'll escape and your ult won't be put on cooldown. So I'd assume it would be the same; no successful ult, no cooldown.

CracatoaX

08-20-2013

@Scruffy, when will this be on the PBE?

Also, why are you lowering his base attack speed, when your weakening the attack speed he gets from abilities? He used to get 50% from his w, now he only gets 24% at max stacks from q?

I know the attack speed will be on more because it doesn't require the shield to be up, but 24% still seems a little low. Maybe raise it to 10% per stack?

LiketheCar

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Crystal Slash (Q)
-Mana cost reduced from 20/22/24/26/28 to 16/18/20/22/24
-When target is hit, gives skarner an attack speed buff for 6s that stacks up to 3 times 4/5/6/7/8%
-Slow removed (moved to E)

-Team Skarner
Is it possible at all to get a clear explanation on why the slow was removed from his Q? To me, one of the most fun aspects of Skarner was his ability to remain in pursuit of a single target by repeatedly slowing them. I can understand an issue of permaslow causing undesired lack of counterplay, but it was one of Skarner's charms. My concern is that removing his ability to keep enemies tied down will really reduce his ability to perform the way he does now; one of his only ways to stay on a target will be removed. Due to fairly lackluster damage, he needed to keep enemies close to put them down.

MattTheBawss

08-20-2013

Bump! I love Skarner, He's really fun to use, I agree sadly, He has becaome less popular and harder to play. Help him become a good champion again.