Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsun Meta Knight

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zykezero View Post
A root? Skarners ult is a root? Why you playin me like that. lol If it's a root then there better be some interesting gameplay. Does Skarner heal for X% of how much damage the enemy takes? Does the crystal the enemy gets encased in explode dealing X% of damage dealt? It can't be just a root. Skarner is about zoom zoom speed, I think you frustrate his purpose by making his goal to just run at a person in the middle of their team and then sit there.
Do you just not understand? Or do you have poor reading comprehension?

When casted, the ult will root the target in place to ensure that flashes, blinks, etc are DISABLED. After the brief cast time (.5 seconds), the target will then become suppressed and you can pull them around as usual.

OneWithTheGainz

07-31-2013

He needs a new skin. I'd play him more if he had a skin that looked like Mater from Pixar's Cars.

But on a more serious note, the flash ult is about the only fun thing Skarner has. He used to be fun to build hybrid which is a personal favorite. I would like to see Skarner back into that role. Trinity force, guinsoos, heart of gold (rip ...) The tanky bruiser he was with the hybrid build. (gunblade) and maybe a stronger early game jungle. The heal feels weak, early ganks are pointless unless they're under your own teams tower.

Roablin

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Johnson View Post
PLEASE, MAKE FRACTURE, AN ACTUAL FRACTURE. Make it crack the ground outward from Skarner. The animation as is feels so herpy derpy it hurts. The arbitrary blue laser feels as appropriate on him as it would if it was randomly added to Annie.
I actually like how Fracture's currently looks. The blast of energy really turns Skarner into more of a magical Scorpion mage rather than just a generic scorpion. I think it truly has a distinctive League of Legends flavor about it. As for ground cracking... how does that make sense? Skarner doesn't have any hammers or pounding mechanisms to break the ground with. It would make sense with the name, but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archonshope View Post
I don't think some people here understand, that the permaslow (although I love it when I play skarner) is not a fun or acceptable mechanic for your opponent. There always should be some form of counerplay.

Yes this is a big nerf as it was one of his strongest abilities, but as a result he is now buffed in almost every other area. Having the higher and increased MS over time seems a way better and more reliable gabcloser.

I won't pronounce me yet over the new slow until I have tested it on PBE.

What I do agree upon is that the ult nerf should be reversed, only QSS and cleanse should get you out.
There is counterplay when you consider the vast number of champions who have abilities that would let them get out of it, and that it is simple for a skilled opponent to avoid entering the perma-slow in the first place. If the perma-slow is nerfed, however, I believe that he should receive a better gap closer (burrow on his W please).

Zykezero

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsun Meta Knight View Post
Do you just not understand? Or do you have poor reading comprehension?

When casted, the ult will root the target in place to ensure that flashes, blinks, etc are DISABLED. After the brief cast time (.5 seconds), the target will then become suppressed and you can pull them around as usual.
No need to be snarky. He said it roots, I got worried.

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
I'll add some clarification for the changes to his ult. Right now I'm trying it so that when the ult starts (it has a cast time before the actual grab) it will root the target in place. This disables flash, dashes and other escape spells. If the target cast their escape spell before skarner's ult started, the spell will still go off. This makes it a situation where whoever pulls the trigger first gets the result that they expected. It feels way more reliable in playtesting so far.
My children. Please have them.
This is by far the best thing coming to Skarner so far (even better than removing the AS from W) :*D A way to make his ult actually feel useful even after the bugfix. You are a godsend, RiotScruffy.

Unrelated: I hope your still willing to try LOOOTS of experimental things with Skarner's E, and haven't settled on a final version yet. I don't DISLIKE an AA-reset/Vi's E, but theres enough room here to play around and test before settling down on something. Like testing out a Crystal Minefield (line, circle, or anysuch other re-imagination of Ziggs' E)

Zykezero

07-31-2013

I don't remember, but it's a suppression, I don't think you can QSS or cleanse it if you wanted to.

Roablin

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhat View Post
I know people are concerned about an AP skarner, but really, I think if thats what's sacrificed in order to make his AD/primary build strong and viable, rip it out. Still think replacing E with something like stated (always-on passive) is great, but the on-hit/activated on next hit sounds great too.
If Riot cannot come up with a creative solution to solve both playstyles, then I would prefer that they leave him unchanged. Better to leave him semi-viable than to alienate and abandon a large portion of Skarner players.

Lane Skarner is not "toxic" by any means like lane Nunu was. Lane Skarner is unique and fun. Lane Skarner is not overpowered. Riot should try to save lane Skarner.

LOLBoredom

07-31-2013

Scruffy please don't do this! See what everyone is saying about leaving Skarner alone! Do you really think changing him will increase the amount of people who play him? Sure maybe a few more people pick him up for jungling and play a couple games but you will lose EVERYONE who plays him in lane such as myself. First the rework to Master Yi stops him from being such an effective mid and now lane Skarner is getting removed because of these changes. I am starting to feel that maybe you, the people at riot, just want to have champions follow their tags and not let the players have the freedom to experiment and have their own play style. I play Skarner mid and it works out extremely well for me, I even wrote a guide for it on lolking despite the fact that it will never be seen while searching for mid champs. If these changes go through then Skarner becomes just another "Jungler" tag that is still going to get out picked by Udyr or Zac and let me just say that I feel that Udyr has such a high pick rate because of his new skin, Maybe that's what Skarner needs and not a rework because I feel that in the end his pick rate won't go up and it might even suffer. All I ask is to leave Skarner be as do almost all the other players who play him regularly, maybe put him in the beta testing client and see if he gets a lot of popularity, maybe patch him on the official client and watch him for a week or two but all I ask is if this doesn't work out as planned to raise his pick rate and win rate by a significant amount, Please undo what you have done and roll back the changes to him.

Charzin

07-31-2013

Quote:
I'll add some clarification for the changes to his ult. Right now I'm trying it so that when the ult starts (it has a cast time before the actual grab) it will root the target in place. This disables flash, dashes and other escape spells. If the target cast their escape spell before skarner's ult started, the spell will still go off. This makes it a situation where whoever pulls the trigger first gets the result that they expected. It feels way more reliable in playtesting so far.
So if I cast Impale as an Ezreal shifts away, it won't just randomly go on cooldown anymore?

That's already a huge buff to Skarner!

Protonhunter

07-31-2013

Quote:
This is going to feel underwhelming. Can we please have an AoE effect or something similar. Right now it's like a weak malhazar ult that can be flashed out of. There needs to be something cooler than 1 person can't move or use abilities because you can't either. Please add something like a leach ability that needs to be channeled but also makes escape impossible.

Edit: actually I really like this idea of moving some sort of heal to his R as his heal has been removed from his E. This way neither of you can move but if the enemy team wants to continue the fight and not abandon their ADC they take a minor DPS that you heal from. In 1v1 this makes skarner really strong and emphasizes his fighter aspect.