Trundle Good, Bad or Just Ugly?

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tarcus

12-01-2010

His pillar is quite good. Although they should remove the ability for Ghost to run right through it. I mean, one of it's main purposes is to block. Well what's one of the most used summoner abilities when they're chasing/running? ;P One good thing about it is it's ability to push champs. If someone is running, you don't need to put it right infront of them. Aim it so they're somewhat in the epicenter. When the pillar comes up, it'll push them back towards you, as well as blocking their way and slowing them. Done this multiple times on champs that were running.

Another fun fact is that it negates Tristana's rocket jump. xD I was midding against a Tristana and she tried to jump away. Put up my pillar and she smacked right into it. Later on I put it beside her and her jump managed to jump about...5 feet. Afterwards she started screaming that it was OP.

One last thing. I was playing a game with him and used the pillar right on Nunu when he was using his ult. It made him move and cancel it. I'm not sure if that's a skill or just some random glitch, but if someone is willing to try it, I'd be really glad to hear what you find out. =)

Lif3l3ss

12-01-2010

ya the whole ghost thing being able to run through it is kinda lame and ya i interrupted galios ulti with it i casted it as he ulti it was kinda lucky but just instantly stopped his ulti was pretty fnny

GhostDieM

12-02-2010

I think Trundle's pretty balanced and he might be a great jungler (haven't tried it yet) but he's also a great laner. He doesn't really have any method to harras the enemy other then wacking them but he's pretty much immune to harrasment himself. I find that I can run up to the minions to last hit and any damage I receive is healed back by his passive + a vamp scepter as starting item. The guy in this thread saying his passive is useless is an idiot. If you survive a big teamfight you pretty much come out of it with 75% hp or more. He doesn't have many abilities damage wise, I'm under impression people think he's a DPS champ and that's why they think he sucks. I'd say he's more of an utility tank with some dps instead of a full on DPS carry, much like Singed.

rEv3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2010

pillar jumping is pro

Villiroth

12-02-2010

Piller should do DoT or something, what other champ has 1 attack skill and an ult as ****ty as his?

Hannor

12-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antisophy View Post
well im really having a blast playing him, and im gonna try the bow/malet/black cleaver

anyone have good suggestions for starting items and rune

i've been doing offensive mastery, but i think im gonna go with 0/21/9 unless anyone else has good ideas, im not much of a jungler so this is mainly for laning purposes, right now my runes are armor pen, crit chance and crit chance(using my tryndamere rune page), and flat health quintessence
I've been going armor pen marks, armor seals (don't have 9 dodge yet, but I think dodge is better) mr/level glyphs, and flat hp quints. works well in jungle and lane, especially with his lack of harassment capabilities in lane.

For masteries, i go down the utility tree to grab buff mastery (for jungling) and mana regen mastery. Then i go straight defense. His q does really good damage on its own (1.2 ad ratio at level 5) and is your main source of damage. The crit page probably isn't helping since his q cannot crit, although it procs other on hit effects.

illset

12-02-2010

i'v been starting out with dorans blade and pot masteries 1 19 8? taking exhuast and iqnite. runes: seals m mana pl regen. glyphs as marks as quints tried multiple things as/ ms .. still run into mana issues spamming q in the lane like last night i stayed in my lane till lvl 10 and got 3 kills from it. maxing q and w first 1 point in piller. his w is amazing and traveling around the map.

items.. mananune pretty much solves mana for the whole game and gives some ad which is good.. from there trinity then cleaver thans survival items..

hes a lot of fun to play with is w you can maneuver around team fights and get better position for kills or attacking there carry with your ult or even seperating certain team memmbers with piller good or bad.. saved some ppl with that. and delaying there carry to do dmg.

question.. you have 2 skills that scale.. 1 ad 1 ap.. has anyone tried a hybrid build? seems like his ult with some decent ap would basically destroy someone. so maybe going with some ad since you can steal it.. nashors for as / ap and than some other ap items?

Redenbacher

12-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp View Post
E, eh. It's a slow. It's 'impassible' but I'm 99% sure I've seen people ghost through it.
Tooltip for Ghost:

Quote:
Your Champion ignores unit collision and moves 32% faster for 14 seconds.
Ignores Unit Collision.

Same applies for Anivia's wall.

Know your Summoner Spells: 101

Morinav

12-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiroth View Post
Piller should do DoT or something, what other champ has 1 attack skill and an ult as ****ty as his?

Gangplank.

Ziiiiing!

Aviseras

12-02-2010

A huge part of Trundle is using pillar well. It's not just placing it well but picking fights in areas where you can abuse it. So many times I've seen trundles just charge the enemy team in the open for no reason.

12345678 ... 9