Trundle Good, Bad or Just Ugly?

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReadInPeace

12-01-2010

I've never said it'd make the passive good. ^^

After all, we're talking about what? An extra 10-20 HP every minion death? Yea, not too good. ^^

Thanks for testing, though. I don't have him yet.

Does he have any AP ratios?

He actually sounds kinda lackluster, since he only has one damage spell, and even that is physical. Stack armour vs him and he can't do much, can he?

Contaminate must have a great buff.

Hannor

12-01-2010

he's pretty neat. Seems really balanced. Build Frozen mallet and either bloodrazor or ghostblade seems to work well.

Requium13

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp View Post
Just tried it. Don't do it.
thank you, I was gunna try it see if it made a difference but have yet to be able to play him because I am stuck at work... why cant riot just pay us to play >.< LoL

rEv3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2010

he's a great tank, what you'd expect of a troll

Tapp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadInPeace View Post
I've never said it'd make the passive good. ^^

After all, we're talking about what? An extra 10-20 HP every minion death? Yea, not too good. ^^

Thanks for testing, though. I don't have him yet.

Does he have any AP ratios?

He actually sounds kinda lackluster, since he only has one damage spell, and even that is physical. Stack armour vs him and he can't do much, can he?

Contaminate must have a great buff.
His ultimate has an (I think) .6:1 AP ratio, but applies twice so it's more of a 1.2:1 AP ratio (with 1 rank in ult, haven't had any AP on him after level 6 for obvious reasons).

So far he's playable and MOSTLY balanced but disappointingly lackluster in a few areas. His ultimate needs at the very least a duration buff, since it only lasts a few seconds and that's usually not even enough to ult an enemy tank to gain some armor/mr while fleeing and live, you simply mitigate around 1-2 hits of damage.

In team fights his ultimate isn't really impressive either. You can take 15% armor/mr from an enemy tank (it'd be stupid to use on anyone else), but that's basically just enough to cancel out Garen's W. It then does around 100 magic damage, which is really pretty pitiful and not even noticeable to the tank you ulted.

His Q is nice, it scales with above a 1:1 AD ratio and is excellent for last hitting creeps and squishies, but since it's a melee attack it's very difficult to harass with it and does nothing to anyone with high armor.

I have no qualms with his W at all. It's awesome.

E, eh. It's a slow. It's 'impassible' but I'm 99% sure I've seen people ghost through it. Could probably be better or traded out for something a bit more useful. The only thing I really end up using it for is to check bushes, since it gives vision wherever you put it.

That being said I've had really good early-mid games with a tanky DPS build, but my teams have been AWFUL today. 3 games with no tank and most of the rest either had feeders or leavers. Haven't been able to get him to late game with even teams, although I was in a 56 minute 4v5..

I've also had next to no mana problems with him using mp5/level yellows.

tl;dr,
Trundle is fun but could use a few minor buffs, anyone calling him OP is mentally ill.

Numbat

12-01-2010

Trundle's passive at level one gives approx 8 HP/5 when he stays in lane if he stays in range of the creeps. Nothing gamebreaking by itself.

Haven't tried Locket yet but that sounds pretty hilarious once you get it.

So far I haven't actually liked him much as a jungler, but maybe that's because my jungling mojo in general is off.

If you have at least one HP item atmas is a very efficient late game item for boosting your damage while adding armor, since his base HP at 18 is like 2400 or something.

gustu

12-01-2010

Well his passive doesn't really allow him to lane or jungle all that well and he doesn't have any harassing abilities nor a stun/escape and his mana pool keeps him pretty limited early game, his abilities are a mix bag and finally his ult is pretty much useless. I regret purchasing him and went back to mundo shortly.

Hannor

12-01-2010

He is a pretty good tanky dps i have found. Been doing bloodrazor/mallet/black cleaver when jungling and an as bow/mallet/black cleaver when laning. He is actually quite good at jungling and duo laning. He only has one good damaging spell, his q, but at level five it scales 1.2 ad.

his R is best used on a tank or a target upon initiate. On some occasions it can finish, but don't rely on it.

If the fight goes outside his w range, he becomes immediately lackluster. Only throw it down when you and your team have committed to the fight. His pillar eliminates all juking in the side lane bushes (the ones next to the wall of the arena.)

Merc treads and his w eliminate the worry from almost all movement type cc. I have literally walked through veigar's event horizon with barely a stop.

Antisophy

12-01-2010

well im really having a blast playing him, and im gonna try the bow/malet/black cleaver

anyone have good suggestions for starting items and rune

i've been doing offensive mastery, but i think im gonna go with 0/21/9 unless anyone else has good ideas, im not much of a jungler so this is mainly for laning purposes, right now my runes are armor pen, crit chance and crit chance(using my tryndamere rune page), and flat health quintessence

Lif3l3ss

12-01-2010

I have been playing lots of builds different ways i still need to try the trinity force hes just not the most amazing farmer but hes not too bad either.. I had really good success with going ghostblade/frozen malet/BF sword. Hes also a very very good tank specially with his ulti went 7/3 first time i tanked with him jungle hes not a bad jungle at all but i only jungled him once i like laning better with him so far. But his pillar is awesome for setting up kills.

1234567 ... 9