Why AD Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ippii

01-06-2013

I usually get yelled at for making ap nasus, but his one ad move scales on its own, so what other reason would i have to go AD... Also I'm usually the second tank in my team and my ult and e are both aoe and dots.

ViashinoWizard

01-06-2013

Nobody builds AD Nasus, for the same reason nobody build AP Nasus. You get all your damage for free from Q. You build Trinity Force and full tank.

lastchancexi

01-07-2013

Spirit Fire isn't spammable and kind of easy to dodge. So really, the key is to build as much tank as possible with one damage item that has utility (see: Tri-Force, optionally Frozen Fist, but probably Tri-Force). You're melee, you're going to melt because you don't have any burst or any escapability if you don't build tanky. So yeah, Warmog's + Frozen Heart ftw?

Cenerae

01-07-2013

You do more of your damage through autos than you do through spells. Spirit Fire is not reliable damage, as people generally won't stand in it. Your ult has a poor ratio and has a damage cap to boot.

So, after tanking up, it makes more sense to emphasise AD over AP. Sure, you can build AP if you really want to, but you won't be able to get a meaningful amount without sacrificing durability either way.

Amatzikahni

01-07-2013

You're forgetting Nasus' passive. Unless I'm just really, really far behind the meta, Nasus' passive gives him lifesteal; building AP is counterproductive. Most of the time, as mentioned, you want to build as tanky as possible with lots of CDR so that you can spam Q and get W off CD faster. Occasionally, if I get fed, I'll throw in a BT for crazy lifesteal on my Q spam, but that doesn't work if the enemies have high armor (LW would be better since more damage = more lifesteal from your passive).

4chan

01-07-2013

I find that the best build is CDR-Tank Nasus.

Armageddal

01-07-2013

It's more productive to build him as a tank, but he should still be built as a tank with AP in mind. Try throwing in some items like an Abyssal Scepter, etc; items that give you resistance and/or health, along with some AP.

iDpark

01-07-2013

You don't even need anything other than his Q and CDR to win lategame.

1v5 is so funny....

Sokolniki

01-07-2013

His two AP ratios are fairly low, and one of them even has a hard cap on its damage. Trinity Force + Full Tanky is generally what you want... if for whatever reason you got fed early on, maybe a second AD Item that is either counter-armor or has significant utility built into it.

Etherimp

01-07-2013

9/21/0

Exhaust, Ghost

Merc Treads w/ Furor, Trinity Force, Randuins, Shurylias, Mercurial Scimitar, Spirit Visage.

Make yourself REALLLY difficult to kite.

AP Nasus is kind of pointless.