@Lyte - Player Behavior, Matchmaking, and Life as a Scientist

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TexasTerminator

Junior Member

08-16-2013

I just want to say that the matchmaking on this is complete ****. I will get good teams i will get bad teams and i will get troll teams. I come here to play this game and have fun and get better. I know im not the best player in rank and i want to improv but how do i improve if i keep getting stuck with a bad team or troll teams? its really annoying and im about to quit playing this game if i continue to get Trolls on my team. and when i say trolls i mean Champions going into lanes where they dont belong like a teemo mid, stupid bans like annie or doesnt ban champs like malph or blitz or yi(which btw is completely broken now), or continues to Disconnect every time he logs back in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueKnife

Senior Member

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTerminator View Post
I just want to say that the matchmaking on this is complete ****. I will get good teams i will get bad teams and i will get troll teams. I come here to play this game and have fun and get better. I know im not the best player in rank and i want to improv but how do i improve if i keep getting stuck with a bad team or troll teams? its really annoying and im about to quit playing this game if i continue to get Trolls on my team. and when i say trolls i mean Champions going into lanes where they dont belong like a teemo mid, stupid bans like annie or doesnt ban champs like malph or blitz or yi(which btw is completely broken now), or continues to Disconnect every time he logs back in.
If that what trolls are to you, let me say something: you're as much as a troll as everyone else. If you think your view is correct then there's no more room to improve. If you believe you're better than all of your teammates then there's nothing more to learn. Every champions has more than one way to play, don't take your view and force it onto others.

And not only your skill is subpar, you also couldn't see that you're part of the reason why your team failed. You may see other in your team as bad, trolls. Just remember, they see the same things in you. Please give it some thought. TY!

PS: Anie was banned a lot in Solo/Duo competition in AllStar 2013. Malphite, Blitzcrank, Master Yi weren't. Yi isn't OP. He stomp low-elo but is useless in high-elo. The reason you can't deal with him is that you're not good enough. Also, Malphite does go mid in some pro game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TexasTerminator

Junior Member

08-16-2013

you werent in the game so how can you say that he wasnt a troll? If you were in that game and reading chat then i would understand but you werent so you cant say a damn thing about me being bad or he wasnt a troll.....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueKnife

Senior Member

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTerminator View Post
you werent in the game so how can you say that he wasnt a troll? If you were in that game and reading chat then i would understand but you werent so you cant say a damn thing about me being bad or he wasnt a troll.....
I've never ever talk about one game. If you want to evaluate yourself, look at the big picture. Look at how you fair overall in many games not one. Look at yourself from your teammate perspective. If you think you're in the right here, go ahead. Nothing will change for you. It's your choice.

PS: I've not said anything about your teammates aren't bad or trolls. What I'm saying is that you're no better the way you are now.
EDIT: You play as a team, you win as a team, you lose as a team. There's no reason why you should be blame-free while your teammates are the ones at false.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iappe

Member

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Noxian View Post
I don't think anything was wrong with what Vulcan did. It's pretty much the same thing as in the NFL where the person who makes a touchdown dances around and celebrates. The spirit of competition! Sure it might make the other team upset but in by no way should be punishable at all. Even when playing against bots they give their in-game banter before the match starts. Also they did shake hands and exchanged pleasantries. It's not considered as harassment because by definition harassment is "To irritate or torment persistently." (thefreedictionary.com) All of that was only celebration and nothing more, and if you were to rage about that... well then that would be your issue.
Except most celebrations, and all taunts, will get you a penalty in the NFL. In most other professional sports, it will get you a lot more. So, you're wrong. Taunting is not part of competition. It is part of being an insolent little idiot.

From the NFL's rulebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL Rulebook
TAUNTING
(c) The use of baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams.
(d) Individual players involved in prolonged or excessive celebrations. Players are prohibited from
engaging in any celebrations while on the ground. A celebration shall be deemed excessive or
prolonged if a player continues to celebrate after a warning from an official.
(e) Two-or-more players engage in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations.
(f) Possession or use of foreign or extraneous object(s) that are not part of the uniform during the game on the field or the sideline, or using the ball as a prop.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TexasTerminator

Junior Member

08-16-2013

I never said i was blame-free now did i?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Häßlich

Senior Member

08-16-2013

It's been months since I've had a really good game where I could honestly say that everyone on both teams tried their best, it was a very close game, and nobody was trolling or being a dick about it. That's sad, because that's the experience people want--even expect--from competitive games, including LoL.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadHatter93

Junior Member

08-16-2013

If you guys ever want to keep players and have a game that succeeds, then kick out the players who continually degrade, make fun of, and call players names. it's those types of players who make me and many many others want to stop playing this game. create a system where you can actually report a**holes. Create a game where people actually want to play and have fun without fear of being made fun of or being reported for trying their best. The players who actually try shouldn't be the one's being banned and reported. The players who constantly act like they are they best and the ones who make us want to quit this game should be banned. Work on that and maybe you'll have a successful game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farbelow Xero

Member

08-16-2013

Riot this is a Joke, the problem is that Ur matching ppl out side of there tier and causing ppl to get butt hurt more there fore for toxicity more over Dod u guys even think? I mean look at this Why not just do exactly what dota 2 does U copy them already why not a lil more ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farbelow Xero

Member

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKnife View Post
I've never ever talk about one game. If you want to evaluate yourself, look at the big picture. Look at how you fair overall in many games not one. Look at yourself from your teammate perspective. If you think you're in the right here, go ahead. Nothing will change for you. It's your choice.

PS: I've not said anything about your teammates aren't bad or trolls. What I'm saying is that you're no better the way you are now.
EDIT: You play as a team, you win as a team, you lose as a team. There's no reason why you should be blame-free while your teammates are the ones at false.

Here is what I hate Fanboys over here just ****ting out what ever other members say. Plz stfu the match making is ****ed and if u think he controls who he gets match with ur ****in moron